CATCH 22??: Wanny Bashers | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

CATCH 22??: Wanny Bashers

Super_Duper85

Deep Threat
Reaction score
What if we do really well this season, like get to the AFC Championship or the Super Bowl? Is Wanny worth keeping for you guys???

I do not know about others, but my biggest problem with Wanny is that on the offensive side of the line, he is too conservative, and does not seem to have the killer instinct to put teams aways, when he has a chance. If Miami makes the playoffs, and he shows that he has changed on those two aspects, then I have no problem keeping him. If we go to the superbowl, and win it, then he deserves an extension.

I am a diehard Dolphins fan, not a diehard Wanny hater, so I would rather see my team succeed, and keep him one, then see them fail, and have us get rid of him once and for all.

Does it matter what we think ? Wayne will make that call.Depends whether their wives are still shopping together as much as anything.

tay0365 said:
I am a diehard Dolphins fan, not a diehard Wanny hater, so I would rather see my team succeed, and keep him one, then see them fail, and have us get rid of him once and for all.
Well put .
If he gets a SB after this offseason good luck to the man.
If its a 8 - 8 season then im sorry time for a new broom to sweep clean.

If he fails this year, hindsight will say that this offseason happened because of him but, if he gets to the big game, it will say that this offseason happened to him.

If Wanny fails this year...

Can Rick discharge a former superior official's WANNY TRULY?

Super_Duper85 said:
What if we do really well this season, like get to the AFC Championship or the Super Bowl? Is Wanny worth keeping for you guys???

The more I watch the Lions/Bears game that the NFL network keeps replaying.......

The more I think not. :lol:

If he gets this team to the Super Bowl after THIS offseason, he will probably win coach of the year. And usually the coach of the year is not fired.

Super_Duper85 said:

I'm so sure we won't that I'll answer your question with a big YES!

saves said:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I know my post warranted that, but the AFC championship?!?!? They couldn't get INTO the playoffs WITH a top 5 running back!!

If the team improves that noticebaly then he deserves to stay another year. It is all about making improvements and moving forward. Unfortunately for Dave, who is a nice guy, the team has gone backwards. The off the field troubles we have had this offseason could be the shove that sends us spiraling downward. What would make it different? A bunch of VERY big IFS:

IF:

A. Feely emerges as the talent he is supposed to be
B. The Oline talent delivers high quality perfromance
C. The RB comittee can take advantage of (B.) and provide 1200 yrds combined
D. The WRs (Boston) can deliver with (A.)
E. Wanny can be agressive and dictate the pace of the game
F. Our defense reduces the number of breakdowns they had in crucial situations last year.
G. This rebuilt offense can gel quickly with virtually a new starting lineup and new coaches.

I personally think that for all that to happen it would be a miracle. I am thinking we go 8-8 and we are looking for a new coach this offseason.

Hey, if we got that far, than sure, he should stay. But 9 wins and out in the first round or less- he's gotta go.

Dredd1050 said:
I'm so sure we won't that I'll answer your question with a big YES!

Thanks for the confidence boost..you're a real fan faithful

Back
Top Bottom