CATCH 22??: Wanny Bashers | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

CATCH 22??: Wanny Bashers

fin-atic said:
If the team improves that noticebaly then he deserves to stay another year. It is all about making improvements and moving forward. Unfortunately for Dave, who is a nice guy, the team has gone backwards. The off the field troubles we have had this offseason could be the shove that sends us spiraling downward. What would make it different? A bunch of VERY big IFS:

IF:

A. Feely emerges as the talent he is supposed to be
B. The Oline talent delivers high quality perfromance
C. The RB comittee can take advantage of (B.) and provide 1200 yrds combined
D. The WRs (Boston) can deliver with (A.)
E. Wanny can be agressive and dictate the pace of the game
F. Our defense reduces the number of breakdowns they had in crucial situations last year.
G. This rebuilt offense can gel quickly with virtually a new starting lineup and new coaches.

I personally think that for all that to happen it would be a miracle. I am thinking we go 8-8 and we are looking for a new coach this offseason.

Remember the Rams D in their SB year..anything's possible..

FlyingElvis said:
If he gets this team to the Super Bowl after THIS offseason, he will probably win coach of the year. And usually the coach of the year is not fired.
Excellent point.

Paul Mad ScotPZ said:
Well put .
If he gets a SB after this offseason good luck to the man.
If its a 8 - 8 season then im sorry time for a new broom to sweep clean.
Exactly, why would I want to see the team I root for, fall on their face, just so that the Head Coach most of us wanted to see gone, finally gets his walking papers....cut nose to spite face technique.:goof:

Nobody has a problem with Wannstedt if he WINS!

Winning cures everything. If he actually won something of any meaning people would get off his back and start supporting him!

Until that happens he will have a large part of the fan base against him.

fin-atic said:
A. Feely emerges as the talent he is supposed to be
B. The Oline talent delivers high quality perfromance
C. The RB comittee can take advantage of (B.) and provide 1200 yrds combined
D. The WRs (Boston) can deliver with (A.).

G. This rebuilt offense can gel quickly
Why should Wanny get credit when this are all Spileman's moves? Wanny would've kept Fiedler and same OL from last year and continued to pay for defenders.

Justasportsfan said:
Why should Wanny get credit when this are all Spileman's moves? Wanny would've kept Fiedler and same OL from last year and continued to pay for defenders.
Unfair, you don't know that. You are just guessing.

And stop passing Spielman off as some "GOD" the guy has totally screwed up this entire O-Gun situation. If O-Gun sits 10 games, comes back and plays 6 when the season is totally shot and means nothing at that point, then walks after the season and Miami gets NOTHING in return for him. When Spielman could have traded him for a player or 2nd round pick, instead of being hell-bent on a 1st round pick in return.........guess what. Spielman will be FIRED first, before Wannstedt is then given his pink slip.

Spielman is on thin ice here like Wannstedt and hasn't built a team that has won anything.

MikeO said:
Unfair, you don't know that. You are just guessing.

And stop passing Spielman off as some "GOD" the guy has totally screwed up this entire O-Gun situation. If O-Gun sits 10 games, comes back and plays 6 when the season is totally shot and means nothing at that point, then walks after the season and Miami gets NOTHING in return for him. When Spielman could have traded him for a player or 2nd round pick, instead of being hell-bent on a 1st round pick in return.........guess what. Spielman will be FIRED first, before Wannstedt is then given his pink slip.

Spielman is on thin ice here like Wannstedt and hasn't built a team that has won anything.
Sorry Mike, but in the Ogun situation, I think it has been OGun himself that has proven to be Greedy and selfish. To say that he will sit out 10 weeks, after it was the Dolphins that gave him a shot to play football, when few other would, is just plain selfish, and as far as I am concerned, the longer this goes on, the less I am going to think of him.

Of course not. I am not a Wanny basher, but If he makes this team overachieve like he did his first two seasons here, then yes he deserves to stay.

Back
Top Bottom