Catch a falling star. . . | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Catch a falling star. . .

If they're there when we pick, who would you draft?

• Shawn Andrews, G/T, Arkansas

Votes: 38 44.7%
  • Phillip Rivers, QB, NC State

Votes: 19 22.4%
  • Mike Williams, WR, USC

Votes: 15 17.6%
  • Vince Wilfork, DT, University of Miami

Votes: 4 4.7%
  • Jonathan Vilma, LB, University of Miami

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Lee Evans, WR, Wisconsin

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Jake Grove, C/OG, Virginia Tech

Votes: 6 7.1%

• Total voters
Andrews, I shouldn't have to explain why........

Preda, the wording under your avatar is backwards. The actual quote went "I allways tell the truth, even when I lie."

Sorry, that's been bothering the hell out of me.

i picked rivers because very good qb's are hard to find but we do need someone like andrews for the line if both players are still on the board at 20 , it's going to be a tough choice to make ... :confused:

Andrews. He's the most dominating run blocker in the draft and will be a fixture at right tackle or right guard for many years.

Sorry but out of all those guys Vince Wilfork is the most talented. And you got to go with the most talented guy on the board. This guy will be a beast in the NFL! Yea i am bias because i go to UM and know these guys but still... the guy is amazing.

Conflicting thoughts.

I've been a Grove fan, but I also like Andrews. I voted for Andrews, but I honestly feel safer with Grove. With a first round pick, you shouldn't have to weigh good vs. bad. Andrews sounds to be an enigma at times. His attitude and motivation, not to mention his weight fluctuations, make him a risk. I have not heard anything bad about Grove. He appears to not only be a safe pick, but not a reach (considering we don't have a 2nd). There are debates on WHEN to take a player or position. But, this kid sounds like he has all the tools AND the desire, motivation and athleticism to be an elite Center for years to come. Frankly, we've got 2 blocking TE's, let them help out a developing RT and take GROVE. With Smith, James, Grove and McKinney, MacIntosh and St. Clair... I think we can work out the Right side. I know we would have 4 SOLID pieces LT, LG, C, RG. Finding the 5th wouldn't be much of a stretch with the depth and talent we have right now.
I simply don't want to draft anyone in the first with a potential downside. We've gotten lucky by taking "kids with problems" and turning their careers around. However, tooooo many of those kinds of kids and the locker room becomes a boiling pot for disaster. We need Grove's attitude in the locker room (silent) and on the field (John Wayne and Rocky Balboa). He'd give the line the nastiness it needs to plow the road.

I voted for Andrews, but there was a hanging CHAD. I'm writing in Grove!

Originally posted by mike_vee
i picked rivers because very good qb's are hard to find but we do need someone like andrews for the line if both players are still on the board at 20 , it's going to be a tough choice to make ... :confused:

Tought choice? Maybe for you but im sure if the FO came across rivers or andrews, they are taking andrews. Reason: we just "drafted" our quarterback.

The more I look at those choices, the more I'm convince we should get grove, let Seth play RG, and take our chances with St. Clair, McIntosh at RT.

with that from Left to RG we should be fine and once McIntoch gets bact at RT, we should be good. With St. Clair backing up Tackles and Center, plus Seth can go to center, and Yates can back up guards, Whitney still isn't in my plans at this time until I can see him in TC again. Last year he was just a burst to me, I hope one year has improved him, but I'm also banking on Yates being improved also. so that keeps Whitney behind him in my way of thinking.

Rivers, hands down. Andrews has suspect weight problems, and won't be a starter at tackle this year, or a good one anyway. Our current line is shaping up to be nice if we get Randall, him, mac and smith at tackles, Mckinney/St. Clair at guard/center, James at center, we can draft depth, and we STILL might pursue a FA vet down the road.

However, we brought in a totally unkown QB with 5 games under his belt to lead this team. Major area for concern.

1. Andrews - We need this guy. He'd solidify our OL IMO. If he's there, don't waste a second thinking twice.

Grove - Not a bad decision either. He could play C, and we could then move McKinney to RG. Not your typical first round C, but has very good upside.

Carey - Versitile, can play either OG or OT. Great run blocker. A Cane who would flourish in Miami IMO....

Smiley - Another solid run blocker. He's a legit possibility IMO...

Just say no to defense in round one!!!....:D

PHINZ RULE!!!:pirate:

Chargers want Rivers badly, then the Steelers and the Bills will probably get him is he's still there at 13. Forget him being available at 20.

You guys got Feely and Boston. If the fins are to be a playoff team, you have to have a better passing game than you did last year. This means a great OL. Give Feely/Fiedler time to throw and Boston/Chambers enough time to get open. I think it would be best if the fins get stud OLmen in the draft who can start and make an impact at once just so you have a passing game off the bat.

I doubt Grove is a possibility at 20, and even if drafted, it would likely be Grove that moves to guard and not McKinney.

Back
Top Bottom