Reaction score
who is better sam madison in his best moment or pat surtain right now

LostInPatsLand

Pro Bowler
Finheaven VIP
Reaction score
marcos said:
I'd say Sammie at his best moment because Surtain is probably asleep at two in the morning.

Nublar7

Retired
Finheaven VIP
Reaction score
marcos said:
I would have to say that it is pretty much a draw between the two, but Surtain might get the edge now over the best that Madison has done.

Dolfan2788

Melubulongtime
Reaction score
Madison is the better cover corner I believe even now. Madison is a great shut down corner, Surtain is a good shut down corner with great playmaking abilities.

Atila

Atila - the freshmaker.
Finheaven VIP
Reaction score
your comparison is kind of confusing but at their best surtain > madison.

ih8brady

2008 AFC East Champions
Reaction score
Madison at his best is better than Surtain now but Madison is not always at his best.

Boik14

Hammered
Reaction score
At this point i think surtain is better, but if sam is at his best retro 4 years ago he's still be the best cb in the game.

Boik14

Hammered
Reaction score
That said i still have faith in sam as a #1 cb if thats what he needs to be. Few Cb's play the ball better

Dolfan2788

Melubulongtime
Reaction score
Sorry to get off topic but...

Boik14 why pick James in the 1st round when we have 3 good DE's in Taylor, Carter and Holliday who all have at least 3 good years left in them?

Boik14

Hammered
Reaction score
Dolfan2788 said:
Sorry to get off topic but...

Boik14 why pick James in the 1st round when we have 3 good DE's in Taylor, Carter and Holliday who all have at least 3 good years left in them?
Holliday is good? Hardly. He wasnt even wanted in KC on a team thats desparate for D. hes a body, thats it. Carter will be playing alot at DT imo because I think we'll see something of a platoon with chester and bowens. At holliday's price tag he would make a nice value as a backup rotating between dt/de. James is the stud rusher who would make Taylor even better

DonShula84

Sporty Don
Reaction score
Id take Sam at his best over Pat now. Pat now has a questionable knee and is pushing 30. Both are great players, at there best and now, but i'd rather have the player who is in his prime.

Regan21286

Wa Wa Wee Wa
Reaction score
DonShula84 said:
Id take Sam at his best over Pat now. Pat now has a questionable knee and is pushing 30. Both are great players, at there best and now, but i'd rather have the player who is in his prime.
If it's financially possible for the Fins, I'd rather have both.

Boik14

Hammered
Reaction score
Regan21286 said:
If it's financially possible for the Fins, I'd rather have both.
Just out of curiousity why wouldnt you rather have 8.4m of cap space and a 2nd rd pick? We could easily sign 2-3 good players or a handful of depth guys with 8.4m and then find a stud with the 2nd rd pick.

Regan21286

Wa Wa Wee Wa
Reaction score
Boik14 said:
Just out of curiousity why wouldnt you rather have 8.4m of cap space and a 2nd rd pick? We could easily sign 2-3 good players or a handful of depth guys with 8.4m and then find a stud with the 2nd rd pick.
Lol, that's if we get a 2nd round pick. A 4th rounder ain't worth it. Besides I think we're done with FA this year so keeping Surtain as a temporary solution next season won't be so bad.

Boik14

Hammered
Reaction score
Regan21286 said:
Lol, that's if we get a 2nd round pick. A 4th rounder ain't worth it. Besides I think we're done with FA this year so keeping Surtain as a temporary solution next season won't be so bad.
I agree a 4th rd pick alone wouldnt be worth it but a 4th and a future 2nd or a 2nd this year certainly would be. If we keep him beyond this year we'll have to franchise him to keep him or risk losing him for nothing. Im not willing to do that at any price. :shakeno:

Top Bottom