CB Will Poole a Miami Dolphin | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

CB Will Poole a Miami Dolphin

iceblizzard69

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Will Poole Bio from http://sports.espn.go.com/nfldraft/draft04/tracker/player?id=7273

SELECTED BY MIAMI , ROUND 4, PICK 6, OVERALL PICK 102
CB | (5'10", 184, 4.65) | USC | COLLEGE STATS
Data from Scouts, Inc.

Grade: 86
Alerts: (C: CHARACTER) Problems on and off the field

Comments: Poole is a fluid athlete with smooth hips. Agile, changes directions without losing anything. Outstanding instincts. Gets great break on balls, best when breaking forward. Very good burst to ball. Adjusts to ball in air. Plus leaping ability. Exceptional at reading quarterbacks' eyes in man-to-man and zone coverages. Mean streak, physical, but technique in press coverage inconsistent. Lacks speed, has problems staying with premier receivers downfield. Adequate recognition skills, but is overaggressive, gambles to make big plays and lacks second gear to recover. Explosive first step, accelerates well when coming forward, can cover lots of ground in short time. Good, but not great speed. Has trouble turning, running with faster NFL receivers. Soft hands, will come up with interception when in position, can make acrobatic catches. Has body control to adjust to ball in air, has leaping ability to catch balls at their apex. Aggressive filling against run, not afraid to sacrifice body, good pop at point of attack. Has agility to make plays in space, generally wraps up on contact, can knock balls loose. Poole took over as a starter in his junior season and made his presence felt as a senior. He was not on the NFL's draft radar prior to this season but emerged as a top playmaking Pac-10 corner. There are some concerns about Poole's character (he was suspended while attending Boston College, and eventually left the school), but he has not been in any trouble since. Poole might be better suited to play in a zone scheme in the NFL, but he has enough physical tools to play man and zone coverage, and he is a physical, aggressive cornerback who will press receivers and support the run. He is a late-first-round prospect who should improve with experience. He also has the potential to return punts, and he'll deserve a look in that area.

Last edited by a moderator:
Excellent pick! Tremendous value in Poole. Hopefully he can return kicks and/or move to safety.

He could be a steal in the fourth round, not bad.
I think we needed help at other positions more, but you gotta draft for value.

Great Value. He was up there until he ran a slower 40. 4.5-4.6 This is a great insurance pick BPA.

He was the best player at any position left. You have to draft this guy.

Smacks said:
Hmmmm...I'm just thinking why we needed another CB?

My sentiments exactly bro. With Patrick, Sam, and Reggie as our top 3 corners, this has to be a pick for the BPA. Unless we're not planning on resigning TBuck. :confused:

excellent pick. Though I dont think he can move to Safety. Hes only 5 ft 10 and 195 pounds.

Overall in 2003 while appearing in all 13 games, he made 80 tackles (third on USC), including 9 for losses of 45 yards (with 3 sacks for 30 yards), plus had 4 forced fumbles, 2 fumble recoveries, a team-best 7 interceptions that he returned 70 yards (10.0 avg.) with a 67-yard TD, and a team-high 19 deflections. He also returned 5 punts for 26 yards (5.2 avg.).

Excellent pick, although i did disagree with the trade, i do have to admit this was a great pick for a late round.

Will poole

will poole is the next pick good pick

Top 100 Prospects

Rank Player Position Size School
1 Eli Manning QB 6-4, 210 Mississippi
2 *Larry Fitzgerald WR 6-3, 210 Pittsburgh
3 Roy Williams WR 6-4, 210 Texas
4 Robert Gallery OT 6-7, 320 Iowa
5 *Sean Taylor FS 6-3, 220 Miami
6 *Kellen Winslow, Jr. TE 6-4, 235 Miami
7 *Ben Roethlisberger QB 6-5, 245 Miami of Ohio
8 Philip Rivers QB 6-5, 235 North Carolina State
9 Will Smith DE 6-4, 265 Ohio State
10 *Kenechi Udeze DE 6-3, 285 Southern California
11 *Vince Wilfork DT 6-2, 330 Miami
12 *Tommie Harris DT 6-3, 295 Oklahoma
13 *DeAngelo Hall CB 5-10, 200 Virginia Tech
14 *Steven Jackson RB 6-2, 230 Oregon State
15 Dunta Robinson CB 6-0, 185 South Carolina
16 *Shawn Andrews OT 6-5, 370 Arkansas
17 Lee Evans WR 5-11, 195 Wisconsin
18 *Reggie Williams WR 6-4, 220 Washington
19 D.J. Williams OLB 6-1, 245 Miami
20 Jonathan Vilma ILB 6-0, 225 Miami
21 *Chris Gamble CB 6-2, 180 Ohio State
22 Rashaun Woods WR 6-2, 195 Oklahoma State
23 *Kevin Jones RB 6-0, 210 Virginia Tech
24 Marcus Tubbs DT 6-4, 305 Texas
25 *Randy Starks DT 6-4, 305 Maryland
26 Darnell Dockett DT 6-4, 285 Florida State
27 Will Poole CB 6-0, 190 Sourthern California

Phins take Poole

Now lets hear all the beople b***hing about this pick. He was the BPA so don't complain about the FO not taking the BPA. But I bet the same people that were upset about Carey because he wasn't the BPA will cry about this pick because he doesn't fill a need. :roflmao:

Poole sounds like a solid pick. The biggest problem with him is his character, but it sounds like he has been better at USC. This pick is excellent value. It doesn't fill a need but he should give us some solid depth.

Back
Top Bottom