CB Will Poole a Miami Dolphin | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

CB Will Poole a Miami Dolphin

WOW EE WOW. Now we have a fifth and got Poole. Speilman looks smart as hell. Mabye Howard goes to FS???

This is outstanding

Another CB you say? We can never have too many, especially with madison getting older. This is a guy ho just missed Mel Kiper's top 30 prospects in all of football, and was expected to be an early second rounder. He is also ranked the 3rd best CB by many experts. I believe completely that the key to a great defense is the CB's and we are just one big injury to Madison or Surtain to be in trouble. Buckley? Look, I love T-Buck, but he isn;t the answer over the next 5 years. I tip my hat to the Dolphins for the second time this draft, they got the best player out there. And they used what, 30 seconds of their pick time to get him? great move.

Also, Just read the article about how Vernon Casey cried when he found out he was to be a Dolphin. I was all up for Edwards of course, but a guy who gets selected by his favorite team and gets to block for the man who'se jersey he wears all the time?

Vernon? I doubt you will ever read this, but you have as much love for the Dolphins as you sound like you do, then I will be as proud to wear your jersey as Ricky's. Welcome to the Dolphins Big Casey, you will do good.

Wow, I haven't seen a complaint yet. *Looks at Dolphins Main Fourm" Oops, spoke to soon.

Great pick.

What a trade down. I wanted him in the third yesterday, and we now got an extr a fifth.

Rick Spielman, you are a genious!

WOW!
Kiper just said he thought Poole may go as early as the late first round! He said it was one of the drafts biggest steals. Poole slide due to poor workouts...but his play on the field was stellar.

when sam is gone in 2 or 3 years i think this kid will be a solid starter if not we could still have howard, shouldnt have to worry about replacing surtain yet i think hes only 27

pigskinguy said:
Now lets hear all the beople b***hing about this pick. He was the BPA so don't complain about the FO not taking the BPA. But I bet the same people that were upset about Carey because he wasn't the BPA will cry about this pick because he doesn't fill a need. :roflmao:

I'd bet you'd agree with anything as long as you didn't have to think and could just make fun of posters with opinions so you could look cool. :shakeno:

As far as the pick it was good.
There goes your theory.
Possible Sam Madison replacement for the future.

I love it, I love him(being a USC fan) & I love the fact that I called the pick last night.

Surferosa said:
excellent pick. Though I dont think he can move to Safety. Hes only 5 ft 10 and 195 pounds.

Overall in 2003 while appearing in all 13 games, he made 80 tackles (third on USC), including 9 for losses of 45 yards (with 3 sacks for 30 yards), plus had 4 forced fumbles, 2 fumble recoveries, a team-best 7 interceptions that he returned 70 yards (10.0 avg.) with a 67-yard TD, and a team-high 19 deflections. He also returned 5 punts for 26 yards (5.2 avg.).

I don't know, I think he's pretty solid in run support, and though that's small for a strong safety, it may not be for a free safety. Or, as someone else suggested, maybe we move Howard to safety at some point.

Being a USC fan I can tell you he's one of the best cover corners & tacklers you can find. He's a very well rounded CB. If his 4.5 speed becomes an issue, which I doubt, he can play FS.

Does anyone know what happened to our second 6th round pick? It doesn't have a trade for it but I thought we had two.

caneproud117 said:
Does anyone know what happened to our second 6th round pick? It doesn't have a trade for it but I thought we had two.

No, we had two sevenths, not two sixths.

Oh, I was hoping we had two sixths to package the 5th and 6th to get into the 4th for P.K. Sam but I guess that isn't going to happen.

I don't know anything about him other than what I've read. Sounds like a good pick though.

If he falls to the 5th I'd be surprised, If Rick comes out of this draft with Carey, Polle, and Sam I think he did a good job. Or if he comes out with Carey, Polle, and Nat Dorsey, but he'd have to get in the 4th to get him. That's three guys who can compete for starting spots.

Back
Top Bottom