CBA's Impact on MIA in '21? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

CBA's Impact on MIA in '21?

Stop thinking your piddly little desk job is the same thing as being THE PRODUCT THAT PRODUCES THE REVENUE.
You don't know what I do or don't do. That's clear from your passive aggressive response. Let me help you understand some simple business information here. The owners had the resources to buy their teams and most of them their stadiums. That had a huge expense. They have to carry whatever the current cap is every year so that has an every year expense of $202.1MM. They are required to carry cash reserves as well so call that another $100 million a year. They have to pay hundreds of sales people, marketing people, tech people, F&B people, equipment people, lawyers, Drs and of course coaches. They need to pay for the upkeep of their stadium. In locations where there is a separate TC area they need to also pay for the upkeep on that. They need to also pay taxes on these and all of the supplies and expenses for a team that travels two months of every year and all of the expenses for a stadium that needs to host games another two months of the year. From the parking attendant to the burger you're eating, to the draft lines for the beer down to cleaning the gum off the ground in the stadium and also keeping you safe when you're there. Does any of that get paid by the player regardless of whether he is the SB MVP or on the practice squad? Of course not. The owners didn't make enough money to own an NFL team by accident. They got there by either being smart or a member of their family being smart. They aren't going through all of this so they can make the same as the players.

People get so worked up over owner/worker pay. I don’t give a <blank> what the owners, players, person in the office next to me, or the person serving coffee makes, it has no effect on me or my happiness.

HEY MODS WHY WAS THIS MOVED? SUPPOSED TO BE DOLPHINS BASED. I CAN;T HELP IT IF NOONE HAS SPOKEN SPECIFICALLY TO THE DOLPHINS AND WHAT THEY NEED TO DO. GIVE US A CHANCE.

And this is what many threads become, no talk about the subject, just insults flying around.
Would love to talk more. I kept getting goaded so I gave. I asked. What do the Dolphins need to do in preparation of it being signed/unsigned?

I don’t have any links but I remember reading/seeing that the owners were willing to give up a slightly higher percentage of the revenues but weren’t interested in fully guaranteed contracts.

Now, the NFL does have quasi guaranteed contacts in the form of guaranteed money. That’s the key to every NFL contract. Both sides know that the overall contract number isn't going to happen and they seem fine with that when they sign it.

if they went to fully guaranteed contracts, the overall contract numbers would be lower and close to the current guaranteed money.

Back
Top Bottom