CBA's Impact on MIA in '21? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

CBA's Impact on MIA in '21?

The sport is mercenary on all sides.
Owners, players and especially the lawyers are all greedy.
The owners all are wealthy outside of football which is why they can afford these franchises and in reality can outwait the players moneywise if needed but in reality the owners are business first and will reach a deal after a standoff so get ready to miss a few games. Thats how this game is played.

I don't side with any of em. Especially old crusty white dudes lol.

Players deserve more. They're the only major sport without full guaranteed contracts. They at least deserve that.
Fully guaranteed contracts? That's something ridiculous to ask for. So, I hire XYZ WR for five years and he's guaranteed $2 million a year for $5 years. So in a fully guaranteed contract, that player can I guess not even crack the starting lineup for 4 of those years and I need to keep paying him $2MM a year for four more years? They didn't win the lottery. It's football. Want to keep making bank keep being good or great at your job. It's no different than real life. You stop doing a good job, they go find someone else. We don't have guaranteed contracts at any job or business I have ever worked for. I don't know what other sports have guaranteed contracts or not to be fair. But, just because other businesses make bad decisions doesn't mean the NFL needs to jump on that pile.

Spoiled brats. Stop playing football and most of them will be bagging groceries. None of us get guaranteed money at our jobs.
Stop thinking your piddly little desk job is the same thing as being THE PRODUCT THAT PRODUCES THE REVENUE.

I was just about to say this. I’m sick of people siding with scumbag billionaires. The players ARE THE PRODUCT. The players are RISKING PERMANENT PARALYSIS on every play. Four words to the owners if I’m a player: **** YOU, PAY ME.

Bingo.

You won't be able to find more players eith a snap of your fingers either. I see that terrible argument shouted all over the place. These guys are the elite of elite for football players.

NFL owners have the ability to maximize themselves and their employees. They're just greedy.

I was just about to say this. I’m sick of people siding with scumbag billionaires. The players ARE THE PRODUCT. The players are RISKING PERMANENT PARALYSIS on every play. Four words to the owners if I’m a player: **** YOU, PAY ME.
So don't. Go be a valet or a DR. or a musician. No one is making them do that. Their failure to comprehend the ramifications of their decisions shouldn't cause the NFL into being their post NFL slush fund.

It's somewhat unfair, but at the end of the day, the owners are the ones paying the salaries, and costs for anything and everything having to do with their organization, just like in real world non-sports jobs. Government/State/City workers, office/warehouse workers, Business employees, pretty much all jobs in the real world would love to make more money, sharing in the profits of the work they do, to help the bigwigs, or owners get rich, but that is how it works for everyone.

Nobody is forcing superstar athletes to play sports, and become millionaires, they could always go work in the real world, and if all athletes were to decide to not play ever again, the NFL would just find other Athletes that would love to earn more money playing Football, and owners know this.
This is pretty much how I feel. I've always felt that the owners ultimately have the upper hand. Some players say that they are broke after they retire, but they're going to sit out and not make any money because they want more money? It would really hurt a lot of players to lose those paychecks. The owners however... if their teams never played again theyd still all be Billionaires or close to it. Now this is not to say I side with the owners because I dont at all but it just seems like theyd have the upper hand in these things.

Bingo.

You won't be able to find more players eith a snap of your fingers either. I see that terrible argument shouted all over the place. These guys are the elite of elite for football players.

NFL owners have the ability to maximize themselves and their employees. They're just greedy.
They take all the risks. They shoulder all of the costs. They are supposed to do this and make the same % of what the players make? Someone is smoking lunch meat around here.

Fully guaranteed contracts? That's something ridiculous to ask for. So, I hire XYZ WR for five years and he's guaranteed $2 million a year for $5 years. So in a fully guaranteed contract, that player can I guess not even crack the starting lineup for 4 of those years and I need to keep paying him $2MM a year for four more years? They didn't win the lottery. It's football. Want to keep making bank keep being good or great at your job. It's no different than real life. You stop doing a good job, they go find someone else. We don't have guaranteed contracts at any job or business I have ever worked for. I don't know what other sports have guaranteed contracts or not to be fair. But, just because other businesses make bad decisions doesn't mean the NFL needs to jump on that pile.

Then you don't sign a guy that can't crack your starting lineup. But yes that's how guaranteed contracts work. You sign it, you earn that money and they either resign you or move on. Or if that player bombs you buy him out and let him go..

MLB, NBA, MLS, Soccer in general and even the NHL have fully guaranteed contracts and the sports do just fine financially and billionaires stay billionaires.

I have a fully guaranteed contract and my place of work, how do people not have that? Lol

They take all the risks. They shoulder all of the costs. They are supposed to do this and make the same % of what the players make? Someone is smoking lunch meat around here.

Nobody said anything about making the same as owners lol. Keep up man.

Yes we need to stop think we have the same financial impact on our businesses as athletes do.

Patrick Mahomes makes more money for his team than some businesses are worth. With all the exposure, jersey sales, advertising, etc makes the Chiefs boatloads of cash. Giving him more of that pot isn't that big a deal.

Yes we need to stop think we have the same financial impact on our businesses as athletes do.

Patrick Mahomes makes more money for his team than some businesses are worth. With all the exposure, jersey sales, advertising, etc makes the Chiefs boatloads of cash. Giving him more of that pot isn't that big a deal.
Right. Mahomes does. He's an outlier. He's going to get a contract worth so much they'll have to google what that many 0's is called. His great grand children won't need to worry. However, name another player besides Honey Badger and Cheetah Speed on that team that are just blatantly killing it on jersey sales and marketing for that team? Who spent the time and energy to manage the cap to make sure they could have such a great team. Who is covering the travel for the the team. Who is paying for their food? Who is uniform'ing them? Who is marketing them? Who is paying for the stadium? Who is paying for TC? Theres a lot that goes into owning a team besides finding some lucky guy leaving college or another team. The players have their part to do and the owners have theirs. The Owners costs a lot of money, because they have it, they should just spend it with no return? Lets get real here.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom