CBS Sportsline Dolphins pick by pick grades | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

CBS Sportsline Dolphins pick by pick grades

Nublar7

Retired FinHeaven Staff
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Pete Prisco graded rounds 1-3 and Jon Dove graded rounds 4-7. I went through and pulled out just the Dolphins grades and comments:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/story/14998621

1. Mike Pouncey, OG, Florida: B

The Dolphins badly need help in the middle of their line. Pouncey can address that right away. Nice solid pick.

2. Daniel Thomas, RB, Kansas State: B+

The Dolphins needed a back and this kid has the skills to be a 1,400-yard rusher. I like the move up to go get him.

4. Edmund Gates, WR, Abilene Christian: A

This is a very good pick because it represents value. Gates could have been a 2nd round pick as someone that has a ton of speed.

6. Charles Clay, FB, Tulsa: B

This is a player that can fill a few roles. He can be a tight end or a fullback with good hands and decent speed.

7. Frank Kearse, DT, Alabama A&M: B

Kearse will be a 5 technique defensive end. He a strong anchor and good quickness.

7. Jimmy Wilson, CB, Montana: D

Decent player but didnt have the type of production you would like to see. He is unlikely to make the roster.

Seems like only the Wilson pick was the only one they thought was bad.

Weird - Wilson looked like a good hitter in the little bit of film the showed on ESPN. And he might be able to play FS. The whole murder acquittal and jail time, and then the hamstring injury has really kept his value way down. We'll see. It would've been nice if we could've drafted Hertzlich in the 7th though.

Weird - Wilson looked like a good hitter in the little bit of film the showed on ESPN. And he might be able to play FS. The whole murder acquittal and jail time, and then the hamstring injury has really kept his value way down. We'll see. It would've been nice if we could've drafted Hertzlich in the 7th though.
Hertzlich wasn't drafted so the hope of getting him is still alive. Just as soon as the lockout is lifted again, which could be as early as Monday.

lol at the wilson comment of course his body of work is short you *******s he was in jail! ****ing retarded summery for jimmy.

How can one put a grade on the draft when we don't have a damn clue how players are going to work out.We still don't know what we have with last years draft but 1 thing for sure
We still don't have a franchise QB

Nub do you ever post anything not positive about the fins?

I am actually Ok with the draft as a whole but it has the chance to either be a really good one or potentially a horrible one.

Positives
Pouncey-Number 1 ranked C, Pedigree & Nice Puller
Thomas-Quicker then Fast, Large as the Trifecta likes them
Gates-Fast,Fast,Fast, Exciting,Exciting,Exciting
Clay-Can fill lots of roles
Kearse-Big Guy,Whole Plugger
Wilson-Big Hitter

Negatives
Pouncey-- Lost of bad snaps.
Thomas-Not hugely Fast. Doesnt have much Wow Factor
Gates-Still very raw
Clay-Has no true position
Kearse-RAW
Wilson-RAW

IMO, these guys have equally the same chance to either be good or really bad. Their is no sure guy in this group, but there is some Potential.

I give this draft a (B-)=(C+)
1. Until they address QB as being their most important need they can never earn an A.
2. I applaud their effort to be a bit bold. Gates, Trading up for DT and choosing a different type of guy in Clay. Its a bit out of character for them. And I have been riding their tails for months for being boring and predictable.
3. There were other RB's I would have traded up for instead of DT.
4. Clay while being different really has no natural position. Shocked they didnt make a play for DJ Williams or select Green even with his injury concern.

I think this is a fair grade coming from me a person who thinks The trifecta isn't worth the weight of dog poop.
Chubbs

I have been looking for analysts grades and so far this is the only one I can find. Nothing to do whether it is positive or not. In fact it isn't all positive they bash the Wilson pick, so I am not sure what you are getting at.

I am actually Ok with the draft as a whole but it has the chance to either be a really good one or potentially a horrible one.

Positives
Pouncey-Number 1 ranked C, Pedigree & Nice Puller
Thomas-Quicker then Fast, Large as the Trifecta likes them
Gates-Fast,Fast,Fast, Exciting,Exciting,Exciting
Clay-Can fill lots of roles
Kearse-Big Guy,Whole Plugger
Wilson-Big Hitter

Negatives
Pouncey-- Lost of bad snaps.
Thomas-Not hugely Fast. Doesnt have much Wow Factor
Gates-Still very raw
Clay-Has no true position
Kearse-RAW
Wilson-RAW

IMO, these guys have equally the same chance to either be good or really bad. Their is no sure guy in this group, but there is some Potential.

I give this draft a (B-)=(C+)
1. Until they address QB as being their most important need they can never earn an A.
2. I applaud their effort to be a bit bold. Gates, Trading up for DT and choosing a different type of guy in Clay. Its a bit out of character for them. And I have been riding their tails for months for being boring and predictable.
3. There were other RB's I would have traded up for instead of DT.
4. Clay while being different really has no natural position. Shocked they didnt make a play for DJ Williams or select Green even with his injury concern.

I think this is a fair grade coming from me a person who thinks The trifecta isn't worth the weight of dog poop.
Chubbs

Lol he just saved you the trouble and posted cbs sportsline draft grades for the dolphins. ungrateful much? do you know why you won't find many negatives about the dolphins draft? OH!?! maybe its because aside from finheaven armchair GMs People are giving us good grades! If you get away from the mallett regret you'd see we had a solid draft and I dare you to find a professional writeup that doesn't have us with at least a B.

Lol he just saved you the trouble and posted cbs sportsline draft grades for the dolphins. ungrateful much? do you know why you won't find many negatives about the dolphins draft? OH!?! maybe its because aside from finheaven armchair GMs People are giving us good grades! If you get away from the mallett regret you'd see we had a solid draft and I dare you to find a professional writeup that doesn't have us with at least a B.
Well said and thanks for having my back. :hi5:

Back
Top Bottom