CBSsportsline.com | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

CBSsportsline.com

nydolfan1313

Practice Squad
Reaction score
They have a poll of the NFLs most overrated players...they listed Zach Thomas on the poll...the man leads the team in tackles every year

They don't completely understand what football is all about. People are gonna have to expect things like that said about our players because we are the #1 target.

• Long thread on this topic yesterday "Prisco Over/Under rated players by team"

I'll say it before a Bills fan does, tackles don't mean that much

nick1 said:
I'll say it before a Bills fan does, tackles don't mean that much
you are learning my young Jedi although don't get us wrong, tackles are a good thing , it's just not as big as making big plays like Ray Lewis does compared to Zach.

Justasportsfan said:
you are learning my young Jedi although don't get us wrong, tackles are a good thing , it's just not as big as making big plays like Ray Lewis does compared to Zach.

Ya big plays are the kicker...like how Ray had 0 INTs 1 sack and 1 FF compared to Zachs 2 sacks. Not to mention Zach missed 3 more games.

Justasportsfan said:

Try watching a game before giving others advise.

Ray Lewis is all bluster and no substance. He has'nt been a great player in 2 years.

He's the best player in football at falling on the pile.

Ray Lewis is overrated, I'm sad to say it because I love my UM boyz but he is overrated

unifiedtheory said:
Try watching a game before giving others advise.

Ray Lewis is all bluster and no substance. He has'nt been a great player in 2 years.

He's the best player in football at falling on the pile.

Man!

Where ever you rank Ray Lewis, Zach Thomas is 5 spots lower.

Thomas is a good player, but there are many MLB's I would take over him. He is an overachiever.

I like the guy because he plays all out and with a big heart, but I could put many other LB's in the dolphins system and they would get just as many tackles.

Thomas is like London Fletcher IMO. A guy that if your Bills fan, would think is a top 5 MLB, but in reality, he is just a good player that overachieves, nothing great.

BillsChamps2oo5 said:
Man!

Where ever you rank Ray Lewis, Zach Thomas is 5 spots lower.

Thomas is a good player, but there are many MLB's I would take over him. He is an overachiever.

I like the guy because he plays all out and with a big heart, but I could put many other LB's in the dolphins system and they would get just as many tackles.

Thomas is like London Fletcher IMO. A guy that if your Bills fan, would think is a top 5 MLB, but in reality, he is just a good player that overachieves, nothing great.
then who would you take over Thomas?

Zach Thomas was the first peice on this defense, he helped make it a good D

nick1 said:
then who would you take over Thomas?

Starting from Scratch?

See, I wouldnt change a thing right now. Thomas is great in the FIns system and FLetcher is great in the Bills system.

But If was starting a Defense, Ray Lewis would definately be #1.

After that I like Donnie Edwards, Vilma, Urlacher, Al Wilson, Dan Morgan, A Healthy Kendrell Bell, and James Farrior is pretty outstanding.

I just like the size athleticism of these guys. They run like RB's. So IMO, Zach Thomas and my guy London Fletcher would be right behind these guys.

I know people think Urlacher is overrated, but dont look at his stats look at his abilities. Thats what I do.

Back
Top Bottom