CBSsportsline.com | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

CBSsportsline.com

Oh, another thing, I wouldnt call Zach Thomas overrated at All. He is a good player who gets the job done.

Your not overrated if you get the job done.

What makes this thread different from the one from yesterday beats me. Maybe people just need attention? :goof:

OrangeCrush said:
What makes this thread different from the one from yesterday beats me. Maybe people just need attention? :goof:

You guys get a lot of similar posts.

What I dont get is how someone can call Ray Lewis overrated at the same time defending Zach Thomas.

:shakeno:

nydolfan1313 said:
They have a poll of the NFLs most overrated players...they listed Zach Thomas on the poll...the man leads the team in tackles every year

This was posted before and thats an old article.

BillsChamps2oo5 said:
If you judge him against himself.
can u look at zachs stats last year please....you tell me if he was or was not the 2nd best linebacker in the league only behind lewis who, quite honestly played on an all around better defense, which helps alot for the stats.

Ark139954 said:
can u look at zachs stats last year please....you tell me if he was or was not the 2nd best linebacker in the league only behind lewis who, quite honestly played on an all around better defense, which helps alot for the stats.

WHy cant he just be a good player?

Why do we always have to compare him against other players?

He is good. Just dont say Ray Lewis is overrated or stuff like that.

Stats dont mean a thing to me. When his career is over, then you look back at a guys stats, but right now I look at what Zach brings to the table.

He is small in terms of a Middle LB, but has a heart as big as any player. Is a very good tackler and makes some big plays. He is a good player. He has been to probowls. He gets his recognition.

Stop looking at stats, because thats the 1st mistake everyone makes. Just look at the player and what he brings to the team.

nick1 said:
I'll say it before a Bills fan does, tackles don't mean that much

So stopping another team from scoring, stopping a team's drives, stopping a team's momentum does not mean much? Ok, whatever you say.......at least Justa and you agree, I guess.

BillsChamps2oo5 said:
Man!

Where ever you rank Ray Lewis, Zach Thomas is 5 spots lower.

Thomas is a good player, but there are many MLB's I would take over him. He is an overachiever.

I like the guy because he plays all out and with a big heart, but I could put many other LB's in the dolphins system and they would get just as many tackles.

Thomas is like London Fletcher IMO. A guy that if your Bills fan, would think is a top 5 MLB, but in reality, he is just a good player that overachieves, nothing great.

Well, I won't make any comparisons between Zach and Ray, I think Lewis (Even with his decrease in big plays) is a much more complete LB then Zach, but after Lewis, I would pick Zach over any of the other MLB in football, I do agree though that Fletcher is not a top 5 MLB, but he is very good.

Zach may be an overachiever, but he is a consistent tackler, is a potential disruption to any offensive play at any time, has a motor that does not stop, and he does all this consistently every game he plays in year in, year out.

I think Ray is definitly more athletic and he certainly makes bigger plays as well. I also truly enjoy his intensity in the game. However, Zach Thomas plays and has played in a different system his whole career. The dolphins defense has always kind of relied on the secondary and defensive line to do most the work on defense. Zach thomas was just there to make tackles. And thats what he does. Taylor gets the sacks. and Surtain (... i know...sucks saying this) made the picks. Thomas did everything the defense ever asked of him, and although he hasn't made big plays consistantly like Lewis, he does make some. If i wanted a guy who was going to be my defense, then its ray lewis. If i want a solid linebacker, who can fit well with his surroundings, then its thomas. I also disagree with other people that zachs not better then most. I think you can really only make the case about 2 or 3 other linebackers being better then him. Ray lewis, and possibly Jon Vilma. Other then that, most are just argueable.

Back
Top Bottom