Ch 10 News | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ch 10 News

The reason Fletcher can be singled out is because he is CONSTANTLY being beaten by WR's. Like Mandich said, teams specifically target him because he is small and hasnt been showing any significant power in anything he does. The guy has not proven anything. Yea he had a better year last year but was still called for the most penalties on the defense and was still beaten numerous times by... well... most everyone!

Fletcher has been a disappointment. He has not played as a 1st rd pick. Lets be honest here he has shown some signs of improvement but Is completely overpwored by the bigger stronger recievers.

Re: Re: Re: Ch 10 News

Originally posted by Emskirch

But he hasn't proved anything either :eek:

Of course he has, it's just some ppl have agendas and Mad Dog is no dif. As far as posters they only see what they want to see as far as I'm concerned. This is why when Marion or Freeman screw up they see #21 near the play yet further away they still blame #21.

This happened all last season. Fletcher plays well, does his job to only see a safety screw up yet for Fletcher still gets the blame by some posters.

Oliver...

Re: Re: Re: Re: Ch 10 News

Originally posted by Oliver

Of course he has, it's just some ppl have agendas and Mad Dog is no dif. As far as posters they only see what they want to see as far as I'm concerned. This is why when Marion or Freeman screw up they see #21 near the play yet further away they still blame #21.

This happened all last season. Fletcher plays well, does his job to only see a safety screw up yet for Fletcher still gets the blame by some posters.

Oliver...

you're the only one who seems to think so....face it Oliver, not everybody on your team is great, you have a few weak links, and he's one of them

Originally posted by MissMeth
The reason Fletcher can be singled out is because he is CONSTANTLY being beaten by WR's. Like Mandich said, teams specifically target him because he is small and hasnt been showing any significant power in anything he does. The guy has not proven anything. Yea he had a better year last year but was still called for the most penalties on the defense and was still beaten numerous times by... well... most everyone!

I'm sorry you're wrong, he does not constantly get beat. Jamar is no smaller than Surtain or Madison.

Mad Dog as much as I like him he is no dif than anyone else. He has agendas like every other broadcaster out there. He has been bashing Fletcher since he was drafted. When it comes to Fletcher Mad Dog's comments carry no weight, because for whatever reason he is biased, and has been so since before Fletcher played a down for the Dolphins. That is the very definition of being biased.

Oliver...

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Ch 10 News

Originally posted by CirclingWagons

you're the only one who seems to think so....face it Oliver, not everybody on your team is great, you have a few weak links, and he's one of them

That's OK, I'm use to it. I was one of the very few who said Konrad was a NFL FB while ppl were calling for hishead. I was one of the very few for years that has been in Todd Perry's corner, same with Ruddy before his Pro-Bowl season.

I don't base my opinion on what broadcasters have to say.

Oliver...

For a long time I have wanted Fletcher to be good -- but to those supporting him now I have one question: Identify one - just one - big play he has made for the Dolphins?

Originally posted by notguilty
For a long time I have wanted Fletcher to be good -- but to those supporting him now I have one question: Identify one - just one - big play he has made for the Dolphins?

He's made a few, he's no Surtain or Madison though. I can't label a guy bad or a bust because he has not dominated a game or games.

I think some of you are just spoilt.

Oliver...

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Ch 10 News

Originally posted by Oliver

That's OK, I'm use to it. I was one of the very few who said Konrad was a NFL FB while ppl were calling for hishead. I was one of the very few for years that has been in Todd Perry's corner, same with Ruddy before his Pro-Bowl season.

I don't base my opinion on what broadcasters have to say.

Oliver...

That's good that you were in Konrad's corner. I really was surprised how misused Konrad was in his 3 years here. For instance in 1999 I would have preferred that Konrad been given the shot to be the tailback when all the other tailbacks were hurt. I like Ruddy since he is the Doplhin player that I resemble the most. I still don't like Perry. I believe he is not deserving of being a starting NFL guard and getting him when Kevin Donnelly was let go was the worst personel move of the Wan/Spiel regime.
As for Fletcher I was felt that he was the best corner in college football his last year at Wisconsin. I have just been surprised at his lack of development in the NFL. Then again it took Buckley 5 years to become an adequate NFL corner, and he flat out was the best college corner his last 2 collegiate years, so sometimes it takes time for a corner to learn.

Originally posted by notguilty

Word is he's improved a lot this year and he has made some plays against 1st string in the preseason so far. The play he got beat on by the 6'5 dude during the Atlanta game could have went two ways. If Fletch stopped a split second earlier and turned around he probably could have had an INT and he'd be getting praised right now. We'll have to wait and see though.

I have to side with Oliver here. Miami's safeties are horribly overrated, and so is Sam Madison. Who got burned by Peerless Price in the Falcons game? Oh right, that was Sam "Teflon" Madison and Brock "Who the **** Nominated this Chump for the Pro-Bowl" Marion?

Let's blame it on Fletcher, though. Scapegoats are fun!

Samphin= avid Fiedler supporter

Samphin also = Staunch booer of Fletcher. You cannot defend him with just those stats. You also have to look at how any times he was thrown at. If he is thrown at 200 times and only has 2 int's yet was burned for four or five td's and some other key yards, than it really isn't that impressive. He also has dropped many sure int's which, great, the pass was incomplete, but he needs to step up and finish those off. Plus, whenever a team needed a big play, a first down on 3rd and long, they seemed to go after Fletcher every single time. Obviously if he had put any type of fear or respect into the offensive players minds, they wouldn't go after him every time.

I hate to say it, but he has looked lost so far with the Dolphins. I really hope he pulls it together and starts stringing some quality play together consistently. However, I think that if he doesn't this year, he will be gone.

I really, really hate Fletcher.

He's definately the weak point on the Defense last year. We demoted Rodgers and Freeman last season, guys who simply pulled their weight and nothing more. Why did we keep Fletcher? Not only does he not pull his own weight so to speak, he digs his heals in and hurts the team.

Fletcher flat out sucks. A first round pick shouldnt take this long to show even slight traces of why he was drafted, and Fletcher has yet to. Did anyone else watch that Atlanta game? Brian Finneran had 40 yards on Fletcher, probabaly more if not for a bad throw. Why do we let Fletcher play 5 yards off of a WR? Why does everyone else play press coverage, yet Fletcher is allowed to just wander off and let a reciever make a catch? Why did we draft a reciever who completely sucks in the scheme we play?

I hated Buckley as a starter...But I'm glad he came in and took Fletcher out of the nickel position. I'd really be absolutely happy if we traded Fletcher for a teal and white garbage can. We'd get more use out of the garbage can sitting next to the bench, and we wouldnt be compelled to put the piece of crap on the field just because it's a first round bust.

Back
Top Bottom