Chad Brown released | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chad Brown released

zephon

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I didn't see the thead...if it's already out there...sorry....and I hope the mods will merge it.

anyway..He was released earlier today when the signed Sharper to a 5 year deal.

I wrote about a month ago and again when Sharper was released by the Texans that Brown is exactly the guy Saban should try to sign to a 2 year deal. He's exactly what Saban has said he wants (minus the youth) in a LB. Big, Strong, good tackler, still has a bit of speed, and is a "quality" guy who will be active in the local area.

cutting some of the fat, Bowens(not tim :) ), trading Surtain, restructuring Zach and Jason, and possibly cutting or trading S- Akins (who I actually like), and even possibly restructuring Howard would not only give us the money to sign out draft picks but also get Brown.

As for a contract, I think we could possibly get Brown for roughly 1.5 mil a year in a 2 year deal. I may be way off but I think he's a perfect fit....oh, and having Spragan as a backup (if brown signed) isn't a bad thing...we didn't give Spragan a ton of money anyway so there's no pressure to start him.

Something tells me that Chad Brown and any other free agents are the furthest thing from Saban's mind right now. I like your thought process but I think it is too late for us to sign him now.

Back
Top Bottom