Chad O'shea On Qb: Still In The Evaluation Process | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chad O'shea On Qb: Still In The Evaluation Process

mrbunglez

Gator don't play no ****!
Club Member
Reaction score
That process includes the quarterback position. Word has been that the Dolphins will be moving on without Ryan Tannehill, but O’Shea offered nothing beyond “tremendous respect” for Tannehill and his memory of the quarterback’s athleticism causing problems for the Patriots defense over the years.

O’Shea did say that “intangibles are most important to us” when it comes to quarterbacks. He called the quarterback the “ambassador” of the team and said he’s looking for leadership and work ethic in whoever will be running his offense.

ProFootballTalk: Chad O'Shea on QB: Still in the evaluation process
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/02/15/chad-oshea-on-qb-still-in-the-evaluation-process/

The more research they do on Kyler Murray, the more teams will be particularly impressed by THAT specific area of evaluation.

So long as the teams satisfy themselves that he won't run off to baseball, they'll find out how much work he put in back in high school and in college, how much of a leader he was to his offensive teammates, the way he led the quarterback meetings and was on top of everything. Kirk Herbstreit has talked about this some, Murray is going to blow them away on the white board and such. And when the teams start interviewing teammates from high school and college they'll find out the incredibly high standards he imposes on them for performance, how much he takes them to task even in practice for screwups.

That's going to be the thing that makes Miami fall in love. The question is whether they will feel they have the ammunition to force the issue, especially if the Cardinals or Raiders are after him.

I can't imagine any way that Tannehill is on the roster for the 2019 season; it makes zero sense moving forward with him during a rebuild. However, there's really not a whole lot else O'Shea could say.

What is he supposed to say. He has no control on the roster and isn’t going to say anything negative about someone he could have to potentially work with.

Just keep watching the last three games to see that he isn’t an nfl qb

O’Shea did say that “intangibles are most important to us” when it comes to quarterbacks. He called the quarterback the “ambassador” of the team and said he’s looking for leadership and work ethic in whoever will be running his offense.

omahgod! I can already tell it's a disaster in that building.

But all of the armchair gm's tells me Tannehill is garbage and Mando said they have already decided to move on :arghh

Coach speak, we'll see what happens when the season opens and we trade him for an MRI machine.

What is he supposed to say. He has no control on the roster and isn’t going to say anything negative about someone he could have to potentially work with.

Just keep watching the last three games to see that he isn’t an nfl qb

I watched that Vikings game pretty damn closely...that wasn't really an NFL offense on the field. There were numerous plays where Tannehill had absolutely nowhere to go. The pick-six he threw was inexcusable, but the entire thing was disheartening to watch.

They should draft Murray and keep Tannehill. Give Murray a year on the bench and play Tannehill then cut him next year if he sucks. Financially makes much more sense, I believe instead of giving up a pick + player for Brissett

They should draft Murray and keep Tannehill. Give Murray a year on the bench and play Tannehill then cut him next year if he sucks. Financially makes much more sense, I believe instead of giving up a pick + player for Brissett

they draft murray I damn sure hope they just play him straight out the gate. I wouldn't even bother with veteran bridge the gap option. problem is free agency comes before the draft.

yeah could be but I bet you they don't like his arm enough to warrant top 15

I get that, it's a significant concern.

But if you watch Murray vs. Bama and Jones vs. Clemson, I'd say Jones was just as much if not more impressive with a terrible supporting cast (all we care about is BBall).

Murray definitely has a higher upside, but in the Bama game it shows how a good defense is going to cause Murray real problems if you contain his running ability.

Jones appears to be better for the short passing game due to his size, that's not going out of style anytime soon regardless of what people say, Brady is the master of the dink and dunk and IS the GOAT.

I hope Jones drops due to his lack of arm talent and we can steal him at end of the first/early second round.

Back
Top Bottom