Chad Pennington wants another shot in Miami | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chad Pennington wants another shot in Miami

Thing is, we have 0 need for Pat White as a WR/KR/PR.

We have at least 7 WR's on the roster right now, and almost all of them are either slot or possession guys.

Thigpen has trade value. It's the only sensible move with the return of Penny.

I would not mind Penningtion coming back as a backup. He really could help Henne develop.

i love what pennington did here... and i'm pretty thankful...

there are a lot of pros and cons to signing pennington... but all in all, i think when you get a quarterback who was your leader in 2008, bring him and ask him to back up your 2009 leader, if your 2009 guy (henne) struggles a bit, you'll see players going back to pennington... much like what happened in arizona with leinhart and warner...

but there's a big difference, leinhart < henne (leinhart wasn't near ready and focused on football where henne is ready and he's commited to this team) ... and pennington > warner ...

so i ask you, what's the point of bringing pennington if he either steps on henne's toes regarding leadership and evolving as "the guy" in miami ?
The other scenario is henne plays good and we don't need pennington... in that case what's the point of resigning a 30 something year old vet when you have tyler thigpen and pat white (sigh) as backups on your roster ?

i love chad pennington, but it's a business and sometimes hard decisions have to be made, this is one of them (much like the vonnie hollyday move last year ... )

we dont have enough room for all 4 QBs we just dont. you cant cut any runningbacks, or wide receivers. you cant switch pat white. FO needs to swallow their pride and cut or trade pat white. you keep henne thigpen and pennington. thigpen is your real #2. it doesnt matter. u make penny the #2 to appease him, to keep him around, he will be some kind of coach for us in the future. which imho is wayyyy more valuable then pat pistol white. penny brings way more to the table, and you know exactly what you have in him. pat white is a toss up, and though maybe he will still be in the NFL, we dont have room for him. if we did id say keep him, but we dont.

Just cut White or Thigpen and let Chad P backup Henne.

Tough decision cut a player who has thrown for more TDs than your starter in one season(18) versus a player who doesn't even have a completion.

Cut a player who ran for 386 yards that same season versus 81 yards for the other guy.

Cut a player who has thrown for 2608 yards that same season versus 0 for the other guy.

Pack your bags White if Mgmt decides Pennington will be back or learn how to run routes real fast

get what you can for pat white, he has no roll on this team.

not #3 qb.

not wildcat qb.

not KR/PR

now Wr.

if it's anything in the 3-5 round range take it and throw a party, 6-7 rounder, take it and learn from mistakes.

It's not about henne or white or thigpen or penny. It's about winning. Let's win now winning later isn't promised.

trade thigpen for a 4th maybe to the vikes sign penny and put white at TE .we have a spot there n maybe e comes in on passing plays

I like Thiggy and would like to keep him as our 3rd stringer even if it means redeploying or trading White.

However, I can easily see the FO signing Penny and using Thigpen as part of a trade package including picks and/or other players, like maybe to Denver to compete with Orton in exchange for Marshall or more likely Tony Sheffler.

If Chad never sees the field, he'll still be an invaluable team asset in terms of team cohesiveness and Henne mentoring. Please let's get him signed Triclops.

1yjqmw-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Fantastic! Penny deserves to be on this team and Chad Henne's development just got a boost. We also are assured to not screw up and pick a crappy 2nd round QB again (cough cough Tebow cough).

Back
Top Bottom