Chambers: Chargers 4th Option at WR | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chambers: Chargers 4th Option at WR

NYPhin24

Scout Team
Reaction score
just came across an article on ESPN about the outlook on the receivers this year and amongst the category "falling down" was Chris Chambers

Christopher Harris writes: " In the case of Chris Chambers, we're relatively unanimous in considering him a vastly overrated receiver. His shaky hands are simply part of his game, and despite a much-hyped midseason trade from Miami to San Diego a couple years ago, he's probably the Chargers' fourth receiving option."

i loved chambers on miami had his pro bowl jersey and everything and was pretty sad to see him go

but looking at it now and his lack of big production with the Chargers.....i dont understand how he could have his best year with gus frerotte but cant surpass it or come close with pro bowler phillip rivers and LT in the backfield, and if he is going to be the Chargers 4th option i am starting to get a little less sad hes gone and it looks like the phins got a steal just like the JT trade

here is the actual link: http://sports.espn.go.com/fantasy/football/ffl/story?page=nfldk2k9wrpreview

and if u read the article....im also not surprised ted ginn or Bess werent found in the "oppurtunity knocks" or "sleepers" sections cuz they cant give any love to players on a team which embarrased their golden prized patriots and tom brady they can never stop talking about

What did we get out of the Chambers trade? A 2nd rounder that became Samson Satele which eventually became a 7th rounder? What did we get with the Satele trade?

I wouldn't call it a steal, considering in actuality, we got nothing left over from that deal.

just came across an article on ESPN about the outlook on the receivers this year and amongst the category "falling down" was Chris Chambers

Christopher Harris writes: " In the case of Chris Chambers, we're relatively unanimous in considering him a vastly overrated receiver. His shaky hands are simply part of his game, and despite a much-hyped midseason trade from Miami to San Diego a couple years ago, he's probably the Chargers' fourth receiving option."

i loved chambers on miami had his pro bowl jersey and everything and was pretty sad to see him go

but looking at it now and his lack of big production with the Chargers.....i dont understand how he could have his best year with gus frerotte but cant surpass it or come close with pro bowler phillip rivers and LT in the backfield, and if he is going to be the Chargers 4th option i am starting to get a little less sad hes gone and it looks like the phins got a steal just like the JT trade

here is the actual link: http://sports.espn.go.com/fantasy/football/ffl/story?page=nfldk2k9wrpreview

he was injured last year and still caught the same amount of tds as our entire corps so I dont really think he is that overrated and since he has hit san diego his drops have not been much of an issue

what steal did we get, we have no clue yet what we got and we already drafted another qb so who knows. I am a big believer in Henne but nothing is wriiten in stone.

he was injured last year and still caught the same amount of tds as our entire corps so I dont really think he is that overrated and since he has hit san diego his drops have not been much of an issue

what steal did we get, we have no clue yet what we got and we already drafted another qb so who knows. I am a big believer in Henne but nothing is wriiten in stone.

its not the player as much as the draft pick it was the people upstairs fault for taking satele who up until he got traded evryone loved him, but they ended up trading satele for grove our new center who alot of people love now and is lookin good, im happy with our recieving corps and so what if he had the same amount of TD catches as our whole corps...football is a team sport we still beat them in the regular season facing him and they shudnt even have made the playoffs if it wasnt forthe broncos debacle

its not the player as much as the draft pick it was the people upstairs fault for taking satele who up until he got traded evryone loved him, but they ended up trading satele for grove our new center who alot of people love now and is lookin good, im happy with our recieving corps and so what if he had the same amount of TD catches as our whole corps...football is a team sport we still beat them in the regular season facing him and they shudnt even have made the playoffs if it wasnt forthe broncos debacle

We didn't trade Satele for Grove. We signed Grove as a FA. We got a 7th or 6th round pick for Satele.

We didn't trade Satele for Grove. We signed Grove as a FA. We got a 7th or 6th round pick for Satele.

my fault then....either way the point i was most trying to make was not about a steal but more along the lines of him being the 4th receiving option, i cant name another WR besides vincent jackson on that team and its not even that hes the 3rd option but the 4th which may not even see the field sometimes, coming from MIA where i know we didnt have superstars around him but i deff thought him going to another team with a good qb and o-line wud easily b the #1 WR option

my fault then....either way the point i was most trying to make was not about a steal but more along the lines of him being the 4th receiving option, i cant name another WR besides vincent jackson on that team and its not even that hes the 3rd option but the 4th which may not even see the field sometimes, coming from MIA where i know we didnt have superstars around him but i deff thought him going to another team with a good qb and o-line wud easily b the #1 WR option

Gates is the number one option, they also have LT and this season with Chambers being injured JAckson became the number one receiver option.
Jackson or Gates would be the number one options here also.

What did we get out of the Chambers trade? A 2nd rounder that became Samson Satele which eventually became a 7th rounder? What did we get with the Satele trade?

I wouldn't call it a steal, considering in actuality, we got nothing left over from that deal.
You are wrong. The 2nd round pick we got from San Diego for Chambers we spent on Chad Henne.

Satele came with the 2nd round pick we got for Wes Welker.

If Henne pans out as expected, it will be a steal of a trade.

I would take chamers over Ginn any day of the week . chambers was a victim of dumb coaching and to tell the truth Norv is the same coach who was with Wanny so I could see how Chambers is being misued

Chambers is really a number 3 wr or a number 2 guy but not a #1 or a #4

if Miami was smart they would have just add Ocho Cinco and kept chamber and just trade Zach to San Diego and we would be just as well off.

You are wrong. The 2nd round pick we got from San Diego for Chambers we spent on Chad Henne.

Satele came with the 2nd round pick we got for Wes Welker.

If Henne pans out as expected, it will be a steal of a trade.

Chad Henne is the only 2nd round pick I'd trade for Chambers.

I tend to look at WR's based on how many catchable balls they drop.

Chambers drops a bunch ... so far Ginn has dropped 1? That I can think of.

If neither is a true number 1, I'll take Ginn.

I would take chamers over Ginn any day of the week . chambers was a victim of dumb coaching and to tell the truth Norv is the same coach who was with Wanny so I could see how Chambers is being misued

Chambers is really a number 3 wr or a number 2 guy but not a #1 or a #4

if Miami was smart they would have just add Ocho Cinco and kept chamber and just trade Zach to San Diego and we would be just as well off.
"Smart" was never part of the vocabulary during the Mueller and Cameron regime.

Though they did add some good pieces(Joey Porter and I do think Ginn is developing nicely), their regime was a nightmare.

I tend to look at WR's based on how many catchable balls they drop.

Chambers drops a bunch ... so far Ginn has dropped 1? That I can think of.

If neither is a true number 1, I'll take Ginn.

How do u determine that since Ginn had 6 drops last year

Back
Top Bottom