Chambers: Chargers 4th Option at WR | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chambers: Chargers 4th Option at WR

Apparently no one on our roster will ever live up to the all MIGHTY chambers..:chuckle:

Year 1

Chambers 48 receptions 883 yards 7 tds while only starting 7 games

Ginn 34 receptions 420 yards 2 tds while starting 9 games

So year 2 was pretty close and Ginn is still like 400 yards behind

Year 3

Chambers 64 receptions 963 yards 11 tds

so lets see what Ginn does . I doubt he makes his tds rise that much and I dont see him gaining that many yards.

I never said Chambers was all that but no receiver on this team is all that either and a grand total of 5 td receptions by all combined is not overly impressive. 150 something receptions and that few tds.

Again i ask didnt you ever watch a fins game while he played, i shouldnt need to explain. The guy drops easy catches that keep the chains moving, in some cases cost the game or potential game winning drives etc.

Well the chance of any of our receivers having a better career than Chambers wont be to hard, Ginn going on his 3rd year had a productive second season and cam was on track to beat out most of the years chambers already had in his career (at least recieving yards). You think to highly of Chambers you might have a cause for an actually argument if Chambers had more than 2 years catching over 10 TD and more than one 1,000 Yard season. His career has been medicore thus far, and dont see anything more than he already has done even with a "probowl qb".

1 td every 10 receptions is among the highest in the NFL hey if u see him as mediocre but 62 catches a year for like 900 yards and 7 tds is not medicore and if that is than we really have a medicore corp because we had nonone close to that

1 td every 10 receptions is among the highest in the NFL hey if u see him as mediocre but 62 catches a year for like 900 yards and 7 tds is not medicore and if that is than we really have a medicore corp because we had nonone close to that
Greg Cam played only 11 games and had 613 yards. You dont think he wouldnt have broken 1000 yards? Thats 1 year starting and he did that, Greg Cam almost had a better season yards wise then Chambers had. You seem to have a couple of Chris Chambers jerseys sitting in that closet huh?

Year 1

Chambers 48 receptions 883 yards 7 tds while only starting 7 games

Ginn 34 receptions 420 yards 2 tds while starting 9 games

So year 2 was pretty close and Ginn is still like 400 yards behind

Year 3

Chambers 64 receptions 963 yards 11 tds

so lets see what Ginn does . I doubt he makes his tds rise that much and I dont see him gaining that many yards.

I never said Chambers was all that but no receiver on this team is all that either and a grand total of 5 td receptions by all combined is not overly impressive. 150 something receptions and that few tds.
You do realize Ginn had 2086 APyd Year 1, while Chambers had 1683?

That would be Ted Ginn 3660 APyd.

Chris Chambers 2550 APyd.

Through their first two years.

Chambers holds the edge on TD's 10 to 5.

You do realize Ginn had 2086 APyd Year 1, while Chambers had 1683?

That would be Ted Ginn 3660 APyd.

Chris Chambers 2550 APyd.

Through their first two years.

Chambers holds the edge on TD's 10 to 5.

all purpose yards lol he returned punts and kicks so of course he had more
and was prompyly demoted this year from it

all purpose yards lol he returned punts and kicks so of course he had more
and was prompyly demoted this year from it
So did Chambers in year 1.

So was Chambers in year 2.

Bottom line Chambers is no superstar, his lack of production proves it. No one can prove other wise. Thats not to say i disliked Chambers i just thought everytime he dropped a pass i wanted to jump threw the tv and smack him in the face knowing my little sister could have caught that.

Everyone seems to forget that we got his huge salary off the books.

Based on what he was being paid, he just wasn't worth it, period. It was a good move.

well if the chargers think that he is a number 4 wr. then why dont we offer them something small for him? because im seeing chambers ginn bess and cammy on the field in spread formation with chad henne manning the ship.

prob with Chambers was the contract that went with it, ill take the guys we have now. I think we got a starter in Ginn or Cam.

Bottom line Chambers is no superstar, his lack of production proves it. No one can prove other wise. Thats not to say i disliked Chambers i just thought everytime he dropped a pass i wanted to jump threw the tv and smack him in the face knowing my little sister could have caught that.

so since Ginn fumbles quite a bit do u want to smack him when that happens

i agree he is no superstar but neither is ginn although the media tryed to make him one in college

What did we get out of the Chambers trade? A 2nd rounder that became Samson Satele which eventually became a 7th rounder? What did we get with the Satele trade?

I wouldn't call it a steal, considering in actuality, we got nothing left over from that deal.

I hear this line all the time in reference to tades...It doesn't matter who you got for X or X player, unless you get another player in the trade for said player.

Imagine if you found a dollar on the street. You take that dollar and buy a Snickers bar. Imagine the same dollar now. You find it and invest it in an IPO and it makes you a millionare.

Does that make the initial value of the dollar any different? No. It's still a dollar. What you do wih it afterwards is another story entirely, not a commentary on finding the dollar.

I hear this line all the time in reference to tades...It doesn't matter who you got for X or X player, unless you get another player in the trade for said player.

Imagine if you found a dollar on the street. You take that dollar and buy a Snickers bar. Imagine the same dollar now. You find it and invest it in an IPO and it makes you a millionare.

Does that make the initial value of the dollar any different? No. It's still a dollar. What you do wih it afterwards is another story entirely, not a commentary on finding the dollar.

I agree mostly. Thats why it sucks when teams piss away high draft picks like we have on qb for too many years.

Back
Top Bottom