Chambers Explains What Happened on that Deep Ball | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chambers Explains What Happened on that Deep Ball

i think Chambers will catch on.....i think he mightve lost his rythm n sinc with Fiedler....they missed alot of time from being together last year... but i think theyll catch on.

I'm getting pretty frustrated with Chambers. He should have improved a lot more than he has.

While it's frustrating, I'm glad to hear that he knows what he should have done and what's supposed to be done. I feel much better hearing him say "I didn't think he was there". But he's got to know he's there.

Originally posted by seble24
I'm getting pretty frustrated with Chambers. He should have improved a lot more than he has.

It's preseason for crying out loud!!!! It's not time to panic yet!

:fire:

I think the problem is a combination of both Chambers and Fiedler. Chambers isn't agressive enough and while Fiedler's arm does look a little stronger this year his downfield accuracy isn't consistant.

Cole summed it up well.

Originally posted by bdwgroove
I think the problem is a combination of both Chambers and Fiedler. Chambers isn't agressive enough and while Fiedler's arm does look a little stronger this year his downfield accuracy isn't consistant.

bdwgroove, I agree with you totally. Good observation.

I agree that Sam Simmons is a playmaker!

BTW Tolver went after his.

They may be "green" but they make plays.

Will you guys stop making excuses for Chambers, that ball was catchable, at least Jay have him an opportunity to catch it this time. I caught those kinds of balls in high school, you actually feel the defender, how could Chambers not know he was there. It's call aggression. He's not showing that right now period. When you're a receiver, you've got to have the mind set that when the ball is in the air, it's mine. And please don't use it's the preseason as an excuse again. You sound like a Bills Fan. LOL.. Most #1 receivers would have caught that pass, it was only slightly underthrowed. Where it was thrown was to CC's advantage and he needs to take advantage of that type of throw..Those are the kind of catches he had as a rookie.

Originally posted by bdwgroove

Very true. And by the way, for those laid-back "well its preseason" guys, if you were the coach, you want to make sure what you should start with, and where you're heading with the current players.

Thats like saying if you're trying to get your driver's license but you tell the Driving teacher in the training car "well its only practice" after you bump something. Chambers needs to learn to be aggressive and be our leader in the passing game. Great players shine when it doesn't count.

It was a good little article. I am not ready to hit the panic button just yet. This is why they have preseason, to work on getting better. Obviously Chambers has more work to do but I think he will straighten it out and overcome things like this.

The amount of whining about Chambers around here is unbelievable. Those of you doing all the crying are most likely the same people who were calling for Zach's head in the offseason and crying like a bunch of whining morons because Spielman and Wannstedt "weren't active enough" early on in free agency. Shut up already! You people really need to get a grip and quit with the "sky is falling" attitude about everything; you'll probably live longer.
:cry:

Originally posted by Expo88
The amount of whining about Chambers around here is unbelievable. Those of you doing all the crying are most likely the same people who were calling for Zach's head in the offseason and crying like a bunch of whining morons because Spielman and Wannstedt "weren't active enough" early on in free agency. Shut up already! You people really need to get a grip and quit with the "sky is falling" attitude about everything; you'll probably live longer.
:cry:

This is a bills fan, they post like this on their board :D
No one's whinining, can you take the truth, let me ask you, should chambers have caught that deep ball. no excuses, just yes or no.

That's ridiculous, you don't just tell someone "say yes or no.." without allowing for an explanation when the subject is open for debate.

Yes, he should have caught the ball but it was one friggin' play for crap's sake! I haven't heard anyone around here complaining about the fact that Ricky Williams rushed for 1 yard on 6 or so carries. Based upon the logic that you and the others are espousing here, Williams should be sacked because he's dont absolutely nothing in preseason. Now, we all know that is not the case and that once he gets going there will be no problems. Likewise with Chambers; once he and Jay get some game time under their belts I have no doubts he's going to be fine.

Also, what has Thompson really done in any of the preseason games? The answer is not a lot yet people are still calling him an excellent offseason acquisition based upon his TC performance. Yes, he's done great in TC and made two nice (short) grabs last night, but Chambers also made a nice grab over the middle and played a lot less. Chambers, by all accounts, has also had a very good TC so really, why concern yourself with what he hasn't done in some VERY limited action in a couple of preseason games.

Remember, most receivers don't break out until their third years so quit worrying so much about what Chambers hasn't done in his limited time on the field and focus upon what he WILL do once the actual game time comes around.

Back
Top Bottom