Chambers Explains What Happened on that Deep Ball | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chambers Explains What Happened on that Deep Ball

Couldn't do it could you. A yes or no was too simply, got to put a caveat in there. The subject was Chambers. Last night pass, plus the missed catches in the Tampa game, plus the drops in the jax games. How many do you need pointed out to you. I've stated that I'm concerned about our OL, reread some of my posts. I've said that Mcknight and CC should start, so I've made my case on DT, I thought he should be the 3rd. I've talked about every subject you've brought up in many posts on this board..But I was focusing in on Chambers on this one..Thank you, your answer was yes...That's all I wanted, no whining, no excuses, just a simple answer, and you gave it in a round about way. But Thanks.

Ricky Williams has already proved himself last year.. He doesnt need to show in the pre-season what he's about.. What is frustrating is the constant jabbing of the mouth of Chambers talking about "wanting to get to the Super Bowl" and "This willl be my breakout year" and "I'm looking for 1100 yards this year" and yet he doesnt show any hint or clue as to that being true.. Chambers must of seen Shockeys ribs or something cuz Chambers is hesitant to reach out for a ball.. Chambers needs to lift the level of his play quick, or we will see Ricky carrying the ball 400 times this year once again and have him take a pounding..

Originally posted by MDFINFAN
Will you guys stop making excuses for Chambers, that ball was catchable, at least Jay have him an opportunity to catch it this time. I caught those kinds of balls in high school, you actually feel the defender, how could Chambers not know he was there. It's call aggression. He's not showing that right now period. When you're a receiver, you've got to have the mind set that when the ball is in the air, it's mine. And please don't use it's the preseason as an excuse again. You sound like a Bills Fan. LOL.. Most #1 receivers would have caught that pass, it was only slightly underthrowed. Where it was thrown was to CC's advantage and he needs to take advantage of that type of throw..Those are the kind of catches he had as a rookie.

Cheers! Fielder and Chambers are in two different realms when it comes to Dolphin fans.... I have come to the conclusion that Chambers shouldn't be a #1 reciever. He is over hyped.

Originally posted by RUDEbyallMEANS
Ricky Williams has already proved himself last year.. He doesnt need to show in the pre-season what he's about.. What is frustrating is the constant jabbing of the mouth of Chambers talking about "wanting to get to the Super Bowl" and "This willl be my breakout year" and "I'm looking for 1100 yards this year" and yet he doesnt show any hint or clue as to that being true.. Chambers must of seen Shockeys ribs or something cuz Chambers is hesitant to reach out for a ball.. Chambers needs to lift the level of his play quick, or we will see Ricky carrying the ball 400 times this year once again and have him take a pounding..
:happydrin

I find myself saying the same thing every week about Chambers.. He needs to snag those catchable passes if he wants to even sniff the 1,000 yard mark... It's like Parcells says...
"Potential is NOTHING, Production is everything."

Originally posted by Expo88
That's ridiculous, you don't just tell someone "say yes or no.." without allowing for an explanation when the subject is open for debate.

Yes, he should have caught the ball but it was one friggin' play for crap's sake! I haven't heard anyone around here complaining about the fact that Ricky Williams rushed for 1 yard on 6 or so carries.

Ummm no...Ricky led the NFL in rushing last year during the regular season....so him gaining 1 yard during a pre season game is like--who cares?

Chambers needs to prove that he deserves the #1 WR position. He has NOT done that yet. He doesn't look hungry either. Compare Mcknight's enthusiastic play yesterday with Chambers and you'll see a clear difference.

I don't know what we have in Chambers...maybe #3 is his best position? So far, he has shown nothing as a #1.
It is year 3, and we are STILL hoping he blows up....so far the indications don't support that.

The most pathetic part is that a whole article was written about a play in the first half of a PRESEASON game.

Originally posted by Expo88
The amount of whining about Chambers around here is unbelievable. Those of you doing all the crying are most likely the same people who were calling for Zach's head in the offseason and crying like a bunch of whining morons because Spielman and Wannstedt "weren't active enough" early on in free agency. Shut up already! You people really need to get a grip and quit with the "sky is falling" attitude about everything; you'll probably live longer.
:cry:

:lol: And...are also probably the very ones that didn't bother to fill that stadium up last night.

Unless everyone was wearing orange last night to blend in with the seats it didn't appear to me very many attended the game.

Shame on those that live in the area and don't support the team.:yell:

Originally posted by MDFINFAN
Will you guys stop making excuses for Chambers, that ball was catchable, at least Jay have him an opportunity to catch it this time. I caught those kinds of balls in high school, you actually feel the defender, how could Chambers not know he was there. It's call aggression. He's not showing that right now period. When you're a receiver, you've got to have the mind set that when the ball is in the air, it's mine. And please don't use it's the preseason as an excuse again. You sound like a Bills Fan. LOL.. Most #1 receivers would have caught that pass, it was only slightly underthrowed. Where it was thrown was to CC's advantage and he needs to take advantage of that type of throw..Those are the kind of catches he had as a rookie.

Looking at both sides of it, i agree with you that CC should've hauled it in. On the other hand, if Fiedler was a little quicker in making the decison and threw the ball a litte sooner, it may have hit him in stride where CC wouldn't have had to slow up a bit al;lowing Buchcanan into the play.

I'm not sure how a couple people on here can complain about chambers, on a few plays in preseason then defend McDrops for the fumbles(which the arguement was it was just a few plays). Chambers hasnt proven hes a number one wr that much is true. But who on the Fins roster has??? Not a single one of them. Thompson produced his last 5 games last year and got a good contract outta it. McKNight had a good year in Dallas then got a good contract outta that year then his numbers declined from that year on.(more recently due to playing time) Like somebody already said its all potential, and none of them have produced. Just like Fiedler he has potential with this running game, and norv here with some wr's with "potential" to be a probowl qb, but he still hasnt put it all together. One thing about this preseason though with Norv is he's not goin to show much of the offense. So we have potential for a breakout year on offense its just a matter of them putting it all together.

Stan I disagree and Mcknight is not Mcdrops, that was 2 years ago, it's time to own up to the fact that the guy has been our most consistent receiver for the last 14 months. Forget that Balitmore game 2 years ago. and how do you forget all the fumbles of chambers, McMicheals, OG, Ricky, and the bad play of our D on the road, but can't seem to forgive Mcknight? pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

I think u forget exactly what ur saying...U are saying that this 31 year old speed wr is on the wrong end of a conspiracy by wanny and Norv to keep him outta the line up? For christs sake u bring this up again cuz he caused a fumble on st's and he caught one really nice pass, and Chambers drops a 50 yard bomb in the same PREASEASON GAME??? I dont see how hes better then Thompson or Chambers, and comparing him to Ricky isnt even close to being a good arguement. Comparing him to our 4th round rookie te that surpassed any of the teams expectations is also irresponcible. Chambers last year was his first as a starter and he struggled, but hes not a 30 year old vet that cant compete for a job till after hes lost it. OG was on the decline for the last two years and he still beat out Mcknight and so did Ward even though McKNight was in the new system 2 months before they were so im not sure what ur point is there either.

MD i respect ur opinions i really do, i just totally disagree with u on this subject. I know we arent goin to change each others minds so were goin to have to agree to disagree.

Originally posted by stan marino
I'm not sure how a couple people on here can complain about chambers, on a few plays in preseason then defend McDrops for the fumbles(which the arguement was it was just a few plays). Chambers hasnt proven hes a number one wr that much is true. But who on the Fins roster has??? Not a single one of them. Thompson produced his last 5 games last year and got a good contract outta it. McKNight had a good year in Dallas then got a good contract outta that year then his numbers declined from that year on.(more recently due to playing time) Like somebody already said its all potential, and none of them have produced. Just like Fiedler he has potential with this running game, and norv here with some wr's with "potential" to be a probowl qb, but he still hasnt put it all together. One thing about this preseason though with Norv is he's not goin to show much of the offense. So we have potential for a breakout year on offense its just a matter of them putting it all together.

I totally agree with this post :eat:

In practice Fiedler and Chambers are hooking up fairly well. At the beginning of TC I noted it when I did a week's worth of evaluation. From all the reports, and from what I'd seen with my own eyes...Jay's deep ball had looked to have improved.

But the bottom line is the Phins are only taking one shot down the field each preseason game, with usually it being Fiedler to Chambers. To me this shows that its not a high priority, because with the way these teams were playing there was probably some opportunities deep. I'm thinking the coaches could be a little less worried about the deep game than we would think. I think maybe, they could even be playing possum a bit. The bottom line is with Fiedler throwing underthrown deep balls and with the way Chambers and Derrius are both capable of jumping very very high and muscling for the ball, we're going to hook up on a certain percentage of those deep passes. And if the Texans come out Week 1 and start stunting the run the same way Atlanta came out last night, I wouldn't be surprise to see us take 5 shots down the field in one quarter of play until they are forced to back off.

Norv Turner also has other ways of backing these guys off Ricky, like WR reverses and screens...which we employed against the Patriots in Week 17 allowing Ricky to run free until the very end of the game.

Back
Top Bottom