Chambers Explains What Happened on that Deep Ball | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chambers Explains What Happened on that Deep Ball

Originally posted by stan marino
I think u forget exactly what ur saying...U are saying that this 31 year old speed wr is on the wrong end of a conspiracy by wanny and Norv to keep him outta the line up? For christs sake u bring this up again cuz he caused a fumble on st's and he caught one really nice pass, and Chambers drops a 50 yard bomb in the same PREASEASON GAME??? I dont see how hes better then Thompson or Chambers, and comparing him to Ricky isnt even close to being a good arguement. Comparing him to our 4th round rookie te that surpassed any of the teams expectations is also irresponcible. Chambers last year was his first as a starter and he struggled, but hes not a 30 year old vet that cant compete for a job till after hes lost it. OG was on the decline for the last two years and he still beat out Mcknight and so did Ward even though McKNight was in the new system 2 months before they were so im not sure what ur point is there either.

Stan I used the last 14 months, not just one game, that would be crazy, he's a 30 year old 4.25 speedster that's still coming into his own. Look at Gannon, some are just late bloomers, I know we won't agree, but I just want people to acknowlege the facts of the last 14 months. I'm not trying to sell McKnight as a long term solution, but I acknowledge what a player is doing now, not 2 years ago, and he's playing with a lot of confidence. Did OG really beat out Mcknight, or was McKnight being demoted from what he did his first year, plus a little crying from OG at the time. Ward was just brought in, and you know Wanny tries to start his new acquisitions. Did you notice that Ward is gone and McKnight is still here. Says something, doesn't it. Notice OG is being pushed out and Mcknight is still playing..Look at the facts. I think it speaks volume of McKnight character and what he's doing on the field. These are the only things I'm trying to get across. Last I knew, Mcknight still doesn't have a 1000 yard season with us, so I'm real, I'm not carry away, but I think he helps open the field for us and has done well the last 14 months. That's all. I will always respect your opinion, I like reading your posts, but it seem like you're not acknowledging what the man has been doing. So I guess like you said, we will agree to disagree on this one..Oh well we can't win them all. LOL.

speed is overrated..we have James Jett...the guy won a friggin gold medal for his speed...but he can't even catch a Nerf football

I just don't understand Expo telling one to shut up already and then saying the topic is open for debate......

The topic is open for debate.

I had something to add here, I just got caught up in all the "fuss".

I don't think anybody is saying "bench Chambers".

Chambers is now a pro receiver. He is not just relying on ability. He is two steps ahead of the "new" receivers we have. When Chambers approaches the line he is giving the CB nothing to look at to give away his route. He runs his route better than those "green" receivers. But he has got to go back to making plays on the ball in the air. I think part of his problem is putting his "education" and ability together. If he can't do that this year it's unacceptable.

Sure, Simmons and Tolver are making plays on the ball that we would hope Chambers would begin to make again. But Simmons and Tolver still have to learn the "nuances" of playing a receiver in professional football. If given the opportunity to watch film of these guys and play them for 4 qtrs the pro bowl corner would own them and their routes.

So to those that are defending these Chambers "attacks" relax. I know I'm just looking at the future. The new guys have to work their way into the game in a 3rd or 4th receiver capacity. They must go through the learning curve that Chambers has been through. But if Chambers doesn't make the turn on that curve this year, I'm ready to head in another direction.

Wel I'm happy to have McKnight as a 3rd wr im just saying theres no way in hell he should be one of the starters. The last few years prove that beyond a doubt. As for chambers its his 2nd year being a starter how many has McKnight had as a starter??? They are at different points of their carreers and theres no way McKnight deserves another start after making one catch where he barely beat a nickel back, and made a play on special teams. Chambers has to prove he's worth his starting role no doubt about it but seriously do u really compare Gannon to McKnight in finding the right system at that age?? How many other speed recievers catch on at that age?? Some examples would be nice?? And even then it dont happen often at all thats why u mentioned a qb instead of a wr. And yes me and MD can go on about this forever cuz we both love our fins and our passionate about it.

Hmmm, Chambers, Thompson, McKnight, which 2 are our best guys? Figuring it out might be a problem.

All I have to say is that it's a nice problem to have. 20 some-odd teams would love to have this problem. ;)

Wel I'm happy to have McKnight as a 3rd wr im just saying theres no way in hell he should be one of the starters. The last few years prove that beyond a doubt. As for chambers its his 2nd year being a starter how many has McKnight had as a starter??? They are at different points of their carreers and theres no way McKnight deserves another start after making one catch where he barely beat a nickel back, and made a play on special teams. Chambers has to prove he's worth his starting role no doubt about it but seriously do u really compare Gannon to McKnight in finding the right system at that age?? How many other speed recievers catch on at that age?? Some examples would be nice?? And even then it dont happen often at all thats why u mentioned a qb instead of a wr. And yes me and MD can go on about this forever cuz we both love our fins and our passionate about it.

You must be a little "rusty" on your Mcknight knowledge. After a 900 yards season for the Cowboys in 2000 he joined the Dolphins as a free agent. 2001 he split time at receiver with a rookie named Chris Chambers in a pathetic Chan Gailey offense.
2002 he came in on 3 receiver sets enduring insults such as taking receivers out of annoucing booths. He never has been "a starter" for the dolphins in his two years.

So as for deserving anything? How about a shot. That's all. I mean that's all you think Chambers deserves right?

As for catching on.....Well you have to get playing time to actually "catch on" to anything. So far he has been "caught on" the bench while Mr. Chambers was retracting his arms.

As far as I've seen, he's caught on to alot more big plays within the past year than our dear friend Chambers.

BTW Mcknight is starting. He is starting in three receiver sets. That's actually starter status.

At the end of the year when Thompson has piled up more yardage than Chambers and we haven't thrown a completion 20 yards downfield to Chambers in a couple of months. You guys will be saying "Chambers took on all the double coverage so the other guys could do so well".

Same ol'.......Same ol'........

HeHe, Hi Stan,

As for WR who got a late start. Try Troy Brown of the Pats. He was with the team 7 years before he showed the neccessary skills to start. Our own DT was with the skins since 99 and just last year start to show something. McKnight didn't start until his Dallas year and his 1st year with us. So he's new at the #1 spot also. You keep referring to this one game. I'm talking about the last 14 months. I compared him to Gannon in the since of being a late bloomer. They play to different positions, so finding the right system wouldn't be of use here. You got that right, we're very passionated :D, All I'm trying to get across here is that for the last 14 months, McKnight has been our most consistent reciever. One thing, what do you mean the last few years should prove that he shouldn't start. Wasn't he our best Receiver last year, when he did start. The year before that was his first with us. The year before that he was Dallas leading receiver, which prompted us to acquire him in free agency. So I'm confused.

Back
Top Bottom