Chambers in the slot, | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chambers in the slot,

No it does not solve the third WR problem. If/when CC goes into the slot we still have to have someone lined up outside. All it means is that Thompson, Newson, and Minnis all play better outside. It is the equivalent on the offensive side of moving Surtain into the slot as the nickle back and putting the third WR not in the nicklebacker position but outside as a regular CB.

If Chambers can learn all the new responsibilites it may be an excellent move however. Can you imagine the mismatches possible with lining up Boston wide a yard off the line on the strong side, outside of McMichael, with CC in the slot! Of course to get the maximum benefit from this we need a WR on the other side to take advantage of the inevitable single coverage. Thus a third WR is still needed just perhaps not as slot receiver.

I guess T Wilkins must really suck since he fits this description
''The perfect guy for that spot is a little smaller, quick guy,'' Sullivan said

Playing the slot requires short, choppy steps and quick reactions as cornerbacks, linebackers and safeties run at you from different angles.
http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/football/8823771.htm

I just wonder if CC is tough enuf to play the slot. He certainly has shown to be as tough as Oj Mc, but then again very few have...

I agree it does not solve much if anything. When CC moves inside, we are then in need of a #1 or 2. Also he needs to change his strides? That sounds dangerous. Not to mention the increased possibility of getting injured going over the middle. I would rather go with 2 WR and Randy, Ricky or Konrad playing the middle.

I don't think Chambers will be a slot receiver much. He may get in that position 1 or 2 times during an entire game. Sure they will move him around...but that is because he knows the offense and they can now be a bit more flexible with him to try and create mismatches.

Not really anything new IMO....should have been titled: "Coaches discover the art of mismatches".

CC will be in the slot as often as we use 3 WR sets. The less often we do, the better off we are, but anytime we run RW on 1st and 2nd, there is chance we will be in 3rd and must throw

dolphan39 said:
CC will be in the slot as often as we use 3 WR sets. The less often we do, the better off we are, but anytime we run RW on 1st and 2nd, there is chance we will be in 3rd and must throw

I disagree. I've noticed that these little wrinkles that are worked on and talked about during minicamps rarely if ever survive whatever process is used to script plays for actual games.
I really wonder how effective CC would be if the opposing team just asked their top CB to follow him to the slot...we may be looking at an INT.

Believe it or not I'm concerned about Minnis, I think he can potentially be a dangerous deep threat. Something about those FSU receivers, that makes me cautious on dismissing them(Coles, Boldin, Walker, and lately, Peter Warrick). If he plays like I think he can play, than Minnis, Chambers, and Boston is a pretty daunting receiving corps. Of course, someone still has to pass them the ball though :eek:

Well, if it is to be believed that the offense won't change much from last year, we don't have to worry that much. Turner usually used two wideouts, a TE and tow running backs. This basic formation didn't change much. When it did, it was hardly ever to more than three wideouts. I think we can trust Thompson, Newson or whoever to get it done a few times a game.

Don't mess with CC. I have a feeling he will bolt after this year if we don't make him a pro-bowler.

CirclingWagons said:
Believe it or not I'm concerned about Minnis, I think he can potentially be a dangerous deep threat. Something about those FSU receivers, that makes me cautious on dismissing them(Coles, Boldin, Walker, and lately, Peter Warrick). If he plays like I think he can play, than Minnis, Chambers, and Boston is a pretty daunting receiving corps. Of course, someone still has to pass them the ball though :eek:

Haven't you been reading the Feeley threads, we may have that someone..lookout.. :D

Chambers is going to be the bomb! nobody will be able to touch his the numbers he will put up so Boston will be the #2 WR he won't be able to hang with Chambers but Boston is still good

CirclingWagons said:
Yeah, and Bledsoe's going back to the probowl :lol:

I hope not, that would mean you guys had a great year. :shakeno: I don't expect Feeley to have a pro bowl year, but if he's consistent, (if he starts), and keep the chains moving is all I'm asking for. Hit the bomb every once and a while, and hit the reciever in stride and not set the receiver up for a head burst by the D.

Back
Top Bottom