Chambers | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chambers

I love Chambers, but if we got Moss and draft one of the many talented receivers, I might consider this, I think that's what the FO is looking at.

whoooooooaaa... for weeks people who are up to speed on the owkrings of restricted free agency as well as the Cap have been stating that Ogunleye cannot be traded since he is a RFA. what has changed that would make him available to be a part of that trade? and if he is not eligible to be traded, as i believe, that means either the trade rumor is just that (a rumor), or its Madison and Chambers for Moss at minimum.

Moss said he would'nt mind a trade, but wanted to go to the Jets to play with Pennington again.

i would like to keep chambers as well but come on he hasnt even had a 1,000 yard recieving season yet and this is randy moss the best reciever in the game(no its not harrison or owens or holt) id prefer trading madison and some picks

Originally posted by CarolinaFishFan
whoooooooaaa... for weeks people who are up to speed on the owkrings of restricted free agency as well as the Cap have been stating that Ogunleye cannot be traded since he is a RFA. what has changed that would make him available to be a part of that trade? and if he is not eligible to be traded, as i believe, that means either the trade rumor is just that (a rumor), or its Madison and Chambers for Moss at minimum.

O-Gun could be included if he resigned with the dolphins ifrst...this would involve all 3 sides agreeing to the terms of the contract though....

Like I said in another post, as much as I love Chambers, If we could get Moss by giving up CC, I would do it. Moss has so much talent, and is just a better overall player then CC. Bring Moss in, I say.

Two things on this:

1. According to Fox Sports Radio last night, there is nothing happening with Randy Moss. The feeling is that Moss has generated this rumor due to his displeasure over an incident between himself and coach Tice. General concensus among those really watching FA is that Randy isn't going anywhere.

2. If the Dolphins do decide to trade Ogun, Madison, and Chambers for Moss, they are complete morons. Honestly, what would be the benefit? We are first and foremost a running team. We have what looks to be an almost brand new OL next season, which is certain to take at least a year to gell together. With the lack of a serious passing threat (unless Feeley can somehow best Fiedler, which I believe is unlikely with Dave as HC), who is going to get the ball to the best receiver in the game? This move would send us over the edge as the true laughingstock of the offseason.

Madison, Ogun and CC would be the most stupid trade since the Hershal Walker deal. Moss has great talent, yes. He is not soooooooo far above CC that we need to also give up SMAD and OGUN. For those that believe that both are going to be gone anyway so we are only giving up CC are wrong. See Mad may restructure, has said he will restructure, os it is up in the air. Ogun at a minimum we are going to get a 1st for him, so we could get another o-lineman or qb or wr on top of the Player (prob wr) taken at #20. That would be the most azzinine trade we could make. And for a player that personality wise is a headache for his teamates.

I would definitely be against giving up Madison, Ogunleye, Chambers, and picks for Moss. I don't think Chambers is a guy we should trade, I think next season will be his breakout year. He does many things well, and even though he is under 6 feet tall he plays bigger than that because of his vertical leap and long arms. Moss is obviously very skilled and I would like to have him in Miami, but I would be against trading Chambers in a deal for Moss.

Originally posted by Prime Time
Like I said in another post, as much as I love Chambers, If we could get Moss by giving up CC, I would do it. Moss has so much talent, and is just a better overall player then CC. Bring Moss in, I say.

Some of you just don't understand any of the terms..

It's NOT Chambers for Moss. It's some combination of Chambers, Ogunleye, Madison, and a pick.

BTW.. WQAM keeps mentioning Madison & O-Gun as the only players talked up in the trade talks.

Completely agree

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
I would definitely be against giving up Madison, Ogunleye, Chambers, and picks for Moss. I don't think Chambers is a guy we should trade, I think next season will be his breakout year. He does many things well, and even though he is under 6 feet tall he plays bigger than that because of his vertical leap and long arms. Moss is obviously very skilled and I would like to have him in Miami, but I would be against trading Chambers in a deal for Moss.

I think it would be a huge mistake to trade CC. He has great arms and hands and can jump very high. He's been nothing but an asset to this team and I think he'll do even better next season. Big mistake if they do this transaction.

Trade Chambers?

Randy Moss is awesome but I think it would be a huge mistake to let Chambers go. In my opinion he will be as good as Jerry Rice in a couple years. He might not put up the numbers that Rice did, since the Dolphins suits are doing things backwards. You're suppose to build a team around a quarterback, not the other way around. The Dolphins could have Randy Moss, Chris Chambers, Terrell Owens and Marvin Harrison and it wouldn't make a bit of difference. If you don't have a quarterback that can get these guys the ball what difference does it make. I had huge hopes for last years season but now I can see my dreams of seeing the Dolphins in a superbowl again will have to wait for at least another two years or so. They need to fire Wannstadt, which would automatically get rid of Fiedler in the process, then they can start doing things in the proper order. If Bill Parcells can turn the Cowboys around like he did what do you think a good coach would do with all the talent the Dolphins already have? The fact of the matter is that the Dolphins should have made it to the superbowl last year and the reason they didn't make it had nothing to do with the wide reciever position. The Dolphins had/have plenty of talent there, they need to start getting rid of the right people and I think they need to start with the coaching position.

I think trading Chamber and/or Ogunleye would be a big mistake. I think Sam Madison is extremley talented and I would hate to see him go but, we have so many talented DB's we could afford to let him go, as opposed to the other two players.

Back
Top Bottom