Chan Gailey or Norv Turner | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chan Gailey or Norv Turner

Al_Tru_Ist

Practice Squad
Reaction score
which one would we better off with right now...I vote neither, honestly...but at least Gailey's offense didn't blow as many leads late in games.

I'd rather have a limbless, mute chimpanzee pick our plays by the consistancy, texture, and smell of his own feces then have Chan Gailey call any of our plays ever again.

so, say brown, loose stool, equals Weak Power Toss, while green and firm would mean we're sending Chambers on a post...i like it :)

Originally posted by Al_Tru_Ist
which one would we better off with right now...I vote neither, honestly...but at least Gailey's offense didn't blow as many leads late in games.

there is no comparison. norv turner uses TE/FB (although we need to see more now)and chan uses his index finger to pick dingleberries.

This is a no brainer. Chan Gailey was worthless. You could tell what the play was by looking at the formation. The guy sucked, I celebrated when he got the job at GT because I knew he would be a goner.

Chan wasn't bad at all. I think he did a lot for Jay. Jay fits that offense better than Norv's. And I think he used Jay very well.

I like Norv and his offense better. But Chan wasn't nearly as bad as people like to imply. BTW - look at his Yellow Jackets up 13-0 on FSU. Whoa!!

CHan wasn't as bad as people say. He was underrated IMO. He is not Norv Turner but he isn't bad at calling offense either. Yeah Muck, If FSU gets upset...then I get to make fun of my Friend all week long since UM won :D

Underrated? His playcalling was beyond terrible. We just did the same running play up the middle over and over again, and the other defense was expecting it because we would change our TE based on if we were passing or rushing. The guy was a terrible offensive coordinator. There was absolutely no imagination at all in his playcalling.

Yet Lamar Smith ran for 1000 yards one year and for close to 1000 yards another year. And yet Minor also hit 400 yards as a 2nd stringer.

Well now that FSU had a comeback victory over FSU. I can talk smack.

Chan Gailey wouldn't know a quarterback from a nickelback. I knew all along that he would suck as a head coach again even on the college level. The fact is that unless he knows what kind of defense the opposing team is bringing, he couldnt pick the right play to save his life.

You knew he'd be a bad college coach?? I think FSU is lucky that Gailey has a freshman QB at Tech right now.

Originally posted by StartingTailbak
Well now that FSU had a comeback victory over FSU. I can talk smack.

Chan Gailey wouldn't know a quarterback from a nickelback. I knew all along that he would suck as a head coach again even on the college level. The fact is that unless he knows what kind of defense the opposing team is bringing, he couldnt pick the right play to save his life.

Did you see the Tech/Auburn game last week? The Yellow Jackets are a damn good team, and should have won tonight with a more experienced quarterback. Gailey's playcalling was fine.

Originally posted by Muck
You knew he'd be a bad college coach?? I think FSU is lucky that Gailey has a freshman QB at Tech right now.

GT played Gailey ball.

Get a 13 point lead then ..runupthemiddle..runupthemiddle..runupthemiddle..runupthemiddle..runupthemiddle..runupthemiddle..runupthemiddle..runupthemiddle..runupthemiddle..runupthemiddle..runupthemiddle..

punt...punt...punt...punt...punt...punt...punt...punt...punt...punt...punt...punt...punt...punt...punt...punt...punt...punt...punt...punt...punt...punt...punt...

and then they lost the lead and he lets his freshman QB throw pass after pass while they had 4 downs to pick up 10 yards.

FSU adjusted, GT did not....

God I hate the Noles.....

Originally posted by FFiB

GT played Gailey ball.

Get a 13 point lead then ..runupthemiddle..runupthemiddle..runupthemiddle..runupthemiddle..runupthemiddle..runupthemiddle..runupthemiddle..runupthemiddle..runupthemiddle..runupthemiddle..runupthemiddle..</B>

the running game was working early on, and the defense was dominant. you don't want to put the pressure on ball, and have him force some throws and get picked. Gailey trusted the D and the running game that got him the lead.

FSU is obviously a more talented team. The fact that Gailey had his boys up 13-0 late in the 4th with a freshman QB is quite an accomplishment.

Back
Top Bottom