Chan Gailey or Norv Turner | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chan Gailey or Norv Turner

Originally posted by Muck
FSU is obviously a more talented team. The fact that Gailey had his boys up 13-0 late in the 4th with a freshman QB is quite an accomplishment.

agreed, I am impressed watching Tech the last two weeks.

Gailey could have had a field day running screens and counter trays. However, as was mentioned he did not adjust. Heck, the idiot tried 2 QB sneaks. Is he trying to get the poor kid killed? And with the speed on FSU's defense that pichout that he called on the goal line was dumb dumb dumb. The touchdown that Tech got was because of Rix.

To Miami Front Office: Please do not draft Rix. That kid has all the talent in the world but I think his brains got scrambled from all the hits he takes.

And oh yeah, FSU made the comeback over GT. (goofed on the earlier post.)

I was not terribly high on Chan Gailey's play-calling when he was here, and I was ecstatic when Norv Turner came on board. I loved his calls most of last season, particularly in the first half of the last game against New England. The Patriots were crowding the line, and Turner opened them up with all those reverses early in the game, and if I remember correctly at least two of them, I think one by Chambers and one by McKnight, were huge gains. Then, once the defense was opened up, in came Ricky to pound the ball and I think he had at least 100 yards at halftime. But what happens in the second half? For some reason all the innovation disappeared, and we got a whole 3 points on the board. The calls on the fateful last drive still have me furious, but I thought okay, that should be fixed in the offseason. Well, after doing virtually the same thing in the same type of situation in Houston, I am starting to lose faith in Turner's play-calling. Things need to shape up, and shape up fast. We have enough talent on offense to get it done.

Big deal he got a 1000 yards. Most of the starting backs in the NFL get that and quite a bit more. Look at his yards per carry. They were piss poor.

Btw, last season Wannstedt interfered with Norv Turners calls, I believe. Hence periods of sucking.

Originally posted by Jaj
Big deal he got a 1000 yards. Most of the starting backs in the NFL get that and quite a bit more. Look at his yards per carry. They were piss poor.

Exactly, when Lamar Smith got 1000 yards, he got like 3.5 yards per carry.

Our offense was a hell of a lot more effective last year with Norv. Did we make some upgrades, well, yeah we did. However, Norv utilized all of his weapons, while Chan did not.

Comparing Norv to Chan Gailey is like comparing gold to cardboard.

:rolleyes:

Are we playing Madden here or what?? Does the OC have a little PS2 controller under his clipboard...."spin Ricky spin". Maybe thats the problem, Turner is pressing R1 so the defense can see the play....Doh!..so obvious.

Heaven forbid that players would actually contribute to offensive success/failure.

Oh, BTW, if Chris Chambers makes that catch in New England, Turner is hailed as an offensive genius. Yes, the play calls are sometimes questionable, but how anyone here has the balls to second guess a guy with years of professional coaching experence is beyond me. I honestly never realised that a RBs season was so due to who the OC was. Silly me, I always believed that the o-line and RB himself were largely responsible.

Does anyone other than: 'the coaches', Jay Fiedler, and Jamar Fletcher ever get blamed for losses these days??

Say what you want about Gailey vs. Turner. But there are two things that I am certain of:

1. The Dolphins had more success, with less talent, under Chan Gailey.

2. There has been some horrible offensive play calling in the 4th Quarter of the last 2 Dolphins games.

That being said, I put alot of blame on the players as well.

If it was all coaching, then how to explain everybody's favorite getting spanked yesterday by Michigan?

Originally posted by Disgustipate
Btw, last season Wannstedt interfered with Norv Turners calls, I believe. Hence periods of sucking.

Prove it. I mean, we know Wanny had the last call (still does). And he made some calls on his own. But we don't know which calls they were. That last drive in New England, that was all Turner.

Can't make that kind of general statement without something to back it up. :)

Originally posted by zachseau13
Say what you want about Gailey vs. Turner. But there are two things that I am certain of:

2. There has been some horrible offensive play calling in the 4th Quarter of the last 2 Dolphins games.

If it was all coaching, then how to explain everybody's favorite getting spanked yesterday by Michigan?

And some want Willingham as coach?:lol: :lol: :lol:

Thoughts like these are what prompted the post...you can't compare Lamar to Ricky for success in the running game, Chan was working with what he had. Turner's playcalling with this pass,pass,pass mentality late in games with leads is simply stupid.

The Dolphins as a team had more success when Gailey was here, but Gailey isn't the head coach, he is the offensive coordinator. The offense has been a lot more effective with Norv Turner than Chan Gailey.

Originally posted by fairbanksb

And some want Willingham as coach?:lol: :lol: :lol:

Willingham's team was not recruited as a west coast offense team, he's making do with the talent he had when he accepted the job. Plus Michigan is just that good. the Irish were a little overrated coming in, but they'll still win 9 games this year. I'm a Willingham fan, and I think we'll see him have alot of success at Notre Dame and anywhere else he goes.

Back
Top Bottom