Channel 7 News : Mike D. From Practice | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Channel 7 News : Mike D. From Practice

Fresh

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Hey all. This evening on channel 7 news here in Miami(the same channel that reported the Seau thing) had Mike D. live from Dolphins practice. They interviewed newcomers Junior Seau and Derrius Thompson. They showed some flicks of the guys at work. Though they didn't have pads on, let me tell you.. Donald Lee looks EXACTLY like Randy Mac on the field. They showed him make this diving sideline grab, and man did he make a ATHLETIC catch. Derrius Thompson looked ALOT faster than Gadsden AND Ward.. they showed him burning somebody on a Sage(I believe) pass. He looks like he has some down field speed. They showed Eddie Moore just drinking water and talking. Haha, he looked like he was talkin' ****. They showed Seau running some drills and Fiedler passing to McMichael. Nothing special. They also showed Wade Smith in some drills. When the sports comes on in about 20 more minutes, they'll have another interview with Seau.

Not much, just thought I'd share that.

BTW, Thompson looks BULK as hell. His arms look strong. Did he bulk up? :confused:

Derrius Thompson is a strong WR, always has been... Strong presence over the middle and most important of all, he shrugs off big hits and recovers real well... Unlike Chambers...

Originally posted by RUDEAWAKERZ2354
Derrius Thompson is a strong WR, always has been... Strong presence over the middle and most important of all, he shrugs off big hits and recovers real well... Unlike Chambers...

Unlike Chambers? That's something you should edit..

Originally posted by ChambersOwnz84

Unlike Chambers? That's something you should edit..

Really... I don't think many would be able to shrug off the hit that Chambers took.

Why? Chambers only had one catch over the middle and a lot of teams thought he was tepid to go anywhere near the middle.

What I found funny is on the dolphins homepage with zach talking about Kiper and him saying MiMicheal was the 15th TE on his board. Basically Zach was saying Kiper don't know crap lol

Originally posted by VanDolPhan
Why? Chambers only had one catch over the middle and a lot of teams thought he was tepid to go anywhere near the middle.

What I found funny is on the dolphins homepage with zach talking about Kiper and him saying MiMicheal was the 15th TE on his board. Basically Zach was saying Kiper don't know crap lol

That also may be a result of Mel Kipers' ranking of Zach Thomas when he was drafted..and look at him now..
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Whoa! Tolver made some crazy catches!

They just showed him on T.V., he said his first impression made was good. He seems confident. Moore looks like Darrell Green Running! ;)

Just got back a short time ago. I like Thompson and Tolver!! These guys can catch. Tolver is not slow like the "draft experts" claim he is and Thompson has some speed too. MUCH MUCH faster than Oronde. The tight end Lee, made some good catches as well. Jamie Nails did some work...looks to be in pretty good shape which is great news.

I was there !

Seau was all over the place! They had a 11 on 11 at the and he knifed in and had ricky wrap up while Jay handed him the ball. Seau is fast! JT and Zach where jumpin all over him and High fiven.

Tolver made some incredible cathces, Also Lee looks gooood, he reminds of McMichael alot. The kid from UCF made a couple of great catches too.

They had this strange formation with the fullback in the slot that seemed to work great.

Flecther got burned by Thompson on an up patern. Flechter was right there he just didn't turn around.

Freeaman was burned my Mckinght and people in the stands where yelling for Sammy!.

Overall, I was very impressed with the team speed.

Originally posted by jasmine34
Just got back a short time ago. I like Thompson and Tolver!! These guys can catch. Tolver is not slow like the "draft experts" claim he is and Thompson has some speed too. MUCH MUCH faster than Oronde. The tight end Lee, made some good catches as well. Jamie Nails did some work...looks to be in pretty good shape which is great news.

It is quite funny that while most draft reports say that Tolver lacks speed, they also describe him as explosive. If he has some good initial burst of the line, and into his breaks (anyone who catches that many passes must be fairly good at getting separation) then he has some potential. He doesn't need to be a deep threat if he can consistently get open over the middle.

WHO THE HELL NEEDS DAVID BOSTON OR PEERLESS PRICE?!?!?!

clear.gif

Wanny's take on the Top New WRs..

"The Bellamy kid, the Tolver kid and Derrius Thompson did a great job of catching the football today," Wannstedt said. "It is the best it's been as far as a first day coming out in a mini-camp. I think it is because Jay and those guys have been here working."

Originally posted by phinphan

It is quite funny that while most draft reports say that Tolver lacks speed, they also describe him as explosive. If he has some good initial burst of the line, and into his breaks (anyone who catches that many passes must be fairly good at getting separation) then he has some potential. He doesn't need to be a deep threat if he can consistently get open over the middle.

They were throwing balls to him deep as well as short and he did well. It would be nice if he could be that deep threat we need.

Gosh darn... all this talk is making me want to skip summer and go right into football season...

and I love summer

Back
Top Bottom