Channel 7 News : Mike D. From Practice | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Channel 7 News : Mike D. From Practice

Yep I would have to agree with Wanny all the receivers did a wonderfull job today. Being in Norv O for the second year. Oh wow we should have alot of fun this year..

Hey CC84 where can I get pictures like that. Like Nails and McKnight/Chambers standing together.

Not to ruin everyone's hopes, but it was the first day of practice. And they weren't even wearing pads. It's a lot different when the pads go on. Hell, I made a great athletic one-handed catch on the sideline today without pads on, and I'm still the #5 WR on an all-white high school team. And you can't tell how fast someone is without pads on either. They're a lot slower when you add several pounds of padding to their body. Were they even wearing helmets?

That's true B. One thing to remember.....this time of year is when the running game stalls and the passing game scorches. That's just how it is without the pads on.

Once the pads come one, the passing game will be back in check and the running game will have better success.

But still, it's GREAT to hear these things. You always wanna hear what happened and who did what. Information is always GOOD.

I had good feeling abot Tolver was going to be a pleasent surprise.

Last edited by a moderator:
What you look for here are athletic grabs and overall a sense of athleticism coming from the WRs and TEs. But don't take it the wrong way when they beat one of our defenders cuz when the pads go on and hits are legal its a different ball game.

Athleticism is a good sign though. I know that this time last year, Sam Simmons wasn't lookin all that impressive, whereas they say that Tolver has been makin some nice grabs. Just don't pay much attention to stuff like "speed" and when someone beats a defender deep or somethin like that. Totally different when pads come on.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
What you look for here are athletic grabs and overall a sense of athleticism coming from the WRs and TEs. But don't take it the wrong way when they beat one of our defenders cuz when the pads go on and hits are legal its a different ball game.

Athleticism is a good sign though. I know that this time last year, Sam Simmons wasn't lookin all that impressive, whereas they say that Tolver has been makin some nice grabs. Just don't pay much attention to stuff like "speed" and when someone beats a defender deep or somethin like that. Totally different when pads come on.

True...Doesn't it always starts out this way in mini camps?The wide receivers usually look great until the real training camp.

Originally posted by Dolphins2002
Hey CC84 where can I get pictures like that. Like Nails and McKnight/Chambers standing together.

The only Fins site that deserves more credit than this one. ;)

Only because it's the official site.. MiamiDolphins.Com

clear.gif
-Feel sorry for Henry/Martin/Smith
clear.gif
Sun's too hot for ya, huh Rickmister Williams?
clear.gif
-Sam is gonna make whoever said he lost a step last year, look STUPID!
clear.gif
-Tolver, the Randy Mac(steal) of 2003

Remember Quinton Spotwood a couple years ago? He looked good in the mini camps but once the pads came on he was nowhere to be found. The opposite was McMicheal who didnt look that impressive in mini camp then looked awesome with the pads on.

Originally posted by PhinsFan34
Remember Quinton Spotwood a couple years ago? He looked good in the mini camps but once the pads came on he was nowhere to be found. The opposite was McMicheal who didnt look that impressive in mini camp then looked awesome with the pads on.

Spotwood didn't look awesome man. Wasn't his competition Charles Jordan and Lamar Thomas? Yeah well CJ was my favorite player, but that's only cause WRs are always my favorite players.

Spotwood wasn't a 5th rounder in a deep WR draft. Tolver is ALOT different than Q. Wasn't he short and fast? I never liked him..

I like Tolver though. You can't really call McMichael the opposite of Spotwood because of how they developed throughout camp. McMichael/Tolver had/have WAY more expected of them than Q..

Having a good minicamp performance is always good and players can really show what they have but if they do well in them it doesn't mean they will do well during the season. Last year I remember that Ray Green was a stud at minicamps but after that he didn't do anything. He did make the roster though. I am very happy to hear about the strong performances in minicamp, but I am not going to say that Tolver is going to be a stud in the NFL now or even that he will make the roster.

I didnt say Spotwoood looked awesome I said he looked good in mini camp. I meant McMicheal was oppossite as in looking good in not looking good in mini camp and looking good in training camp.
I hope he is a steal and turns out to be good but we need to wait until we see them in pads before calling any of the picks a steal.

I agree with Breckenridge. You guys need to keep your hands off your willie. This is only mini-camp. Hell there are players who look awesome in preseason and still are not on the level of starting NFL caliber players. Running around in shorts and playing catch is way different than NFL game time.

Enjoy...but don't get ahead of yourself.

I'm not saying he WILL be a steal, I'm saying he has the ability and potential to do so and I THINK he will..

Originally posted by PhinsFan34

An important note in this comparison should be the production of the two. Spotwood (unless I'm mistaken) came nowhere near Toliver in yards, TD's, catches, etc......not even on the same planet.

Also, Toliver is a bigger type guy that had been questioned in terms of his foot speed, not his hands or mental stuff. The fact that he's able to get open now, when everyone is flying around, is a great sign IMO. He might be better in pads as opposed to Foye or Spotwood.

Toliver has been doing it.......and being in So Cal I can tell you he has been a well regarded player at SDSU. A couple of my former players, Mac and Dan Cleary both played at SDSU recently and said he was a great player when I asked them about him. Very productive in all games.....not an on and off type player.

Back
Top Bottom