Chargers & Giants To Complete Deal By Friday! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chargers & Giants To Complete Deal By Friday!

baalworship

O Ba´al, now your foes you must slay
Reaction score
According to ESPN Insider. I don't have it but someone posted this on Billszone.com:

ESPN Insider says.......

from what we have been told the Chargers will have a deal done by friday that allows them to move from #1 overall to # 4 in exchange for the Giants second this year and either Ike Hilliard or a #2 next year

hmmm, maybe that guy who was talking about our 1st for their two 2nds is on to something, i hope

I think I'd be going for Ike if I were the Chargers. A WR in the hand is worth a 2nd next year (or a 3rd this year, as I value future picks) to them.

I really hope this is a result of the Chargers feeilng it is best for them and not due to any Manning whining.

I also wonder if we'll see a Patriot trade up to #4 to get Taylor. I don't trust this Redskins=Winslow stuff in the least. JG is a character guy, and KWJr doesn't have it so far as I'm concerned.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, if the deal goes through the QB slide theory is unofficially (but soon to be officially come pick 4 of the draft) over. NY drafts Manning, SD drafts Rivers or Big Ben at 4. Now the odds of a slide are not very good.

Last edited by a moderator:
Phishstix said:
hmmm, maybe that guy who was talking about our 1st for their two 2nds is on to something, i hope

What does this have to do with a possible Dolphins trade?

KFFL.com is reporting that the Browns are hard at work trying to make a deal with SD .
This is a Bidding war and SD could care less were Manning goes. Its all about the draft picks!

DOLFANMIKE said:
Well, if the deal goes through the QB slide theory is unofficially (but soon to be3 officially come pick 4 of the draft) over. NY drafts Manning, SD drafts Rivers or Big Ben at 4. Now the odds of a slide are not very good.

Although I think the Giants want Manning, it's possible their guy is Gallery. But let's assume the Giants are trading up for Manning.

2. Raiders- Roy Williams a big possibility.
3.Larry Fitz
4. Chargers- Gallery or Roy Williams

etc etc

So this doesn't necessarily affect whether Rivers or Roethlisberger slide.

baalworship said:
What does this have to do with a possible Dolphins trade?

some article was posted about it last week. the guy was just speculating, but he said that sources said that there was another team involved i think.

Phishstix said:
some article was posted about it last week. the guy was just speculating, but he said that sources said that there was another team involved i think.

Fill us in. Does it involve San Diego trading down again from #4?

I can't see SD picking Rivers at 4. If this trade is made, I think they will go WR and stick with Brees. The draft is deep with QB's, and maybe they can get Losman or somebody in the 2nd.

If trade goes down:

I expect Rivers to be drafted by Chargers with the fourth pick.I gurantee you.

On the West coast all the news radio is speculating only on these moves being made in an effort to grab QB's. Even NFL Networks Total Access touched on it last night. The thing I keep hearing (and don't like) is that the 3 QB's may be gone by the 7th pick, and will be gone by the 11th.

Back
Top Bottom