Chargers & Giants To Complete Deal By Friday! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chargers & Giants To Complete Deal By Friday!

CCMiamiDolphins said:
SD wants Rivers so I doubt they will draft a WR or Gallery

The thinking is based on the SD coaching staff believing Rivers is being as good as anyone else at QB offered in the draft, and their ability to pick up another nice pick by moving back to pick 4 overall. If they could trade back and still get him, they will....but the reporting out here is saying it's a gamble on how long Rivers will last.

minus said:
If trade goes down:

I expect Rivers to be drafted by Chargers with the fourth pick.I gurantee you.
No offense Minus, but how can you "guarantee" anything? It is a draft and although I agree with you that they will be looking to draft Rivers, they may trade down again to like cleveland's pick at 7!?

You hit the nail on the head. San Diego should trade down to #7 and pickup another pick. Cleveland DESPERATELY wants to move up and take Gallery, Taylor or Winslow. They can still get Rivers @ #7 and pickup more picks in the process. That could enable them to move up later and take someone that they like. It would be 2 great moves for them.

LdoubleE80 said:
You hit the nail on the head. San Diego should trade down to #7 and pickup another pick. Cleveland DESPERATELY wants to move up and take Gallery, Taylor or Winslow. They can still get Rivers @ #7 and pickup more picks in the process. That could enable them to move up later and take someone that they like. It would be 2 great moves for them.

Very possible. If the Browns do trade up to 4, I expect them to draft FS Taylor. The Chargers then would have picked up 2 draft picks (or more) and still got the man they wanted at 7 overall.

I hope it's all smokescreen. I want to see Andrews and Rivers at 20....LOL...just to see who the FO ranks higher.

This potentially involves the Dolphins in this way:

1) The Chargers trade down and pick up the first and second rounder from either NY or Cleveland.
2) The Chargers will then have two early second round picks that would be offered to the Fins for their first round pick.
3) Giving the Dolphins two second round picks (#33 and #36) and the Chargers two first round picks (#4 and #20). This assumes the first trade is between the Giants and Chargers.

This is a trade I would have to do in a heartbeat considering Miami's needs at OL, WR, S, LB and DL. Two picks in the top 36 is better than one in the top 20 (IMO).

i cant see us gettin 33 and 36 for 20.

is this a report, or mere speculation

phinphanbill said:
This potentially involves the Dolphins in this way:

1) The Chargers trade down and pick up the first and second rounder from either NY or Cleveland.
2) The Chargers will then have two early second round picks that would be offered to the Fins for their first round pick.
3) Giving the Dolphins two second round picks (#33 and #36) and the Chargers two first round picks (#4 and #20). This assumes the first trade is between the Giants and Chargers.

This is a trade I would have to do in a heartbeat considering Miami's needs at OL, WR, S, LB and DL. Two picks in the top 36 is better than one in the top 20 (IMO).

Good point there. This trade was mentioned a few weeks ago by one of ESPN's analysts. If the Gaints trade goes through as expected, the Chargers become a viable trade partner for the Phins.

I hope that the Chargers don't make this trade with the Giants. The Mannings don't want Eli to play for the Chargers, and they may get their way. This could be really bad. If Eli ends up on the Giants, other players in the future may do something similar, telling teams not to draft them. I hope the Chargers keep their pick and select Eli Manning. They shouldn't let other players pressure them into making trades (if they want Rivers more, than they should make the deal, but they shouldn't make it because Eli wants it to happen) and they should set an example that rookies can't control what team they go to.

iceblizzard69 said:
I hope that the Chargers don't make this trade with the Giants. The Mannings don't want Eli to play for the Chargers, and they may get their way. This could be really bad. If Eli ends up on the Giants, other players in the future may do something similar, telling teams not to draft them. I hope the Chargers keep their pick and select Eli Manning. They shouldn't let other players pressure them into making trades (if they want Rivers more, than they should make the deal, but they shouldn't make it because Eli wants it to happen) and they should set an example that rookies can't control what team they go to.

I agree with you.Hopefully the Chargers are trading the pick because Rivers is their guy not because what Manning camp said.

Oboy said:
No offense Minus, but how can you "guarantee" anything? It is a draft and although I agree with you that they will be looking to draft Rivers, they may trade down again to like cleveland's pick at 7!?

Is not a secret that Chargers are selecting a QB and there mixed opinion withhing organization on who to pick(Manning or Rivers).It is almost a given that Chargers will be selecting a QB.

Last edited by a moderator:
It was on the radio today that the if the Chargers traded to 4 they would probably take Rivers, they also would consider moving down to 7 and drafting him but the fear is the Steelers might jump up to 6 (Lions Pick) and take him. Not bad for a player that was originally thought to be going in the late first or second.

I personally hope the SD/ NYG trade happens and subsequently the SD/MIA trade for the 35th and 36th overall picks happens as well that is a beautiful place to be for players that slip out of round one. If a player we really want is there then he is ours if not Im sure there is a player that another team wants bad enough to give us another 3rd as well as their 2nd. So we could draft with one and trade down again netting another 3rd. This has been my position since the report came out, use one trade down the 3rd round is going to bring good value for DT with Junior Saivii being my choice. If this happens we could end up with 4 first day picks while starting with 2. Think about it we could get best OL available maybe someone slips or just get Grove, then trade down get Boulware in the middle of round two, add the best WR avaliable with the first 3rd and add Saivii with the second. This is all just speculation but if the SD/NYG trade happens this is a very good possibility IMO.

SD trades to #4, picks up another pick in rd 2.....then trades down from 4 to 7 to cinci and picks up another rd 2 pick......then they have #7 in the 1st round and 3 2nd rounders......not bad for them...(picks 7(1st), 33, 36, 39 (2nd),...3rd rd etc.)

(just a hypothetical)

Fins2theend said:
I personally hope the SD/ NYG trade happens and subsequently the SD/MIA trade for the 35th and 36th overall picks happens as well that is a beautiful place to be for players that slip out of round one.

What do you project Miami giving up for these picks? San Diego would have to be extremely desperate to get to #20 to make a trade just for that pick based on every pick value chart I have seen.

Jimmy James said:
What do you project Miami giving up for these picks? San Diego would have to be extremely desperate to get to #20 to make a trade just for that pick based on every pick value chart I have seen.

Considering they just gave us Boston for a sixth and a 1st round bust who was about to be cut, I dont think they are desperate I think they are stupid.....I wont even get into getting Seau for a 5th.

Back
Top Bottom