Charlie Rogers hasn't showed me anything | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Charlie Rogers hasn't showed me anything

jimmyjam

Practice Squad
Reaction score
24th in the league in returns. The guy looks slow to me. I guess I'd like to see a little flash out of him. Heck, I wouldn't mind seeing Tolver or Simmons back there. It has just been forever since we had a guy that was a real threat returning punts and kickoffs.

I read an article yesterday, can't remember where. Charlie was in the hospital for a couple of days with an arm infection. He was released in time for him to play against Buffalo. Maybe he hasn't been 100%.

Maybe, but he hasn't done anything since the pre-season.

Yup, and that's why they brought in Terry Fair. They are obviously not pleased.

i dont know... obviously charlie isnt a dante hall but he has good hands, makes smart decisions and always leaves us with decent field position. with our style of offense and our past experiences with punt/kick returners, thats all we really need... or atleast thats all we can really ask for, haha.

Rogers sucks! He is very overrated. Seems like I remember seeing threads similar to this one on the Bills site last year.

Originally posted by TKO
Save the whales, harpoon the Dolphins

Hey TKO is it hot there? One-Ten?
Bitch can run can't he?
:lol:

Oh, uh... Charlie Rogers needs to step up. Why not put Simmons in there?

To soon to judge IMO. If he's not producing by week 8 or so I'd say look into it. I remember he's ALWAYS having to fair catch punts (so there's a big chunk of returns in its own we dont see) and the KR haven't been phenomenal, but he's getting out past the 20. .

We'll just have to see I guess. It's all about the blocking as well. He aint going anywhere with no blocking.

I say give Slashing "Sam" a chance at return duties or go back with Minor as KR who did a good job last year.

I blame one person for this, and one person alone...Keith Armstrong, Keith Armstrong, Keith Armstrong. The special teams have gone from top notch, top notch to medicore at best (bonehead penalties, lack of production) ever since his arrival. There is something to be said about the head coach being comfortable with his assistant coaches, but there is more to be said about competentcy and accountability when said coaches' units do not produce.

The penalties seem to have disappeared altogether this year. Coverage teams are still solid. Just seems like Rogers is cutting back against the blocks on just about every return.

Originally posted by jimmyjam
24th in the league in returns. The guy looks slow to me. I guess I'd like to see a little flash out of him. Heck, I wouldn't mind seeing Tolver or Simmons back there. It has just been forever since we had a guy that was a real threat returning punts and kickoffs.

Tolver at KR? :eek: :eek: :eek:

That's insane..

/me dons his "President of the Travis Minor for Returner Club".

Travis Minor did a GOOD job last year. His average would have looked a hell of a lot better if half his returns didn't get called back on penalty.

We have a real talent in Minor that the coaching staff just doesn't give the oppurtunity to.

Minor's return stats:

2002 MIA 46returns 1071 yards 23.3avg 66 long

Charlie Rogers hasn't had an avg that high in 4 years.

Now factor in all the great returns Minor had called back and I truly believe the coaching staff screwed up in their choice here.

Originally posted by jimmyjam

Rogers has been bad, but Tolver isn't fast at all and definitely can not be a KR.

Back
Top Bottom