Charlie Rogers hasn't showed me anything | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Charlie Rogers hasn't showed me anything

sam simmons is the guy for the job! mark my words! Once he shows his stuff, rogers will be gone.
i thought sam simmons was much more effective during preseason. i think he has better vision and if i remember correctly, he was dangerous at Northwestern.

How many opportunities has Rogers had really?? It seems like either the opposite teams' special teams have been really good at getting people down the field to make Rogers throw up the fair catch signal or maybe our special teams haven't been able to get enough blocking to create those holes. I'm just an average person, but I think it takes a lot to put together a decent return, so it's kind of hard to pin it on just one person. It would also seem like one would have to see the footage from a different angle to see the entire field and see which of the above points apply. With that said, I think it wouldn't do any harm to put Simmons in and see how he does at a point of the game where position wouldn't matter win or lose and go from there.

I have noticed something about Rogers that is a concern. Physically he seems weak, arm tackles drop him like a sack of potatoes.

Hopefully he'll get better with a little time.....at least he has avoided fumbling (like ogden) so far.

"Rogers hasn't showed me anything"

Neither has his blockers..

Originally posted by ChambersOwnz84
"Rogers hasn't showed me anything"

Neither has his blockers..

Odd considering Minor's only return and he got.........oh what's that.........23 yards again.

The coaching staff is being really boneheaded on this one. They got a change of pace back that avgs roughly 4.5 yards a carry....9 yards a catch and 23 yards on kick returns. What the hell do they need.......neon lights?

Chad Morton- 20.9.. oh yeah, he sucks!

The problem is that he hasn't been getting any good return coverage while minor has had excellent coverage last year so keep in mind that. Everytime he catches the balls there are already 5-6 men on him. Give the guy some slack, im sure you have all seen this.

Originally posted by juniorseau55
Give the guy some slack, im sure you have all seen this.

I am sure they haven't. Most fans here just look for the negative things. They don't check to see how the coverage is, they just go home and check the stats. Then they whine, whine, whine. :sleep:

Too soon to judge on Rogers, but he hasn't shown much yet. It is certainly not all his blockers -- aren't they similar to a year ago when Minor would often get us past the 30 on kick-offs- or even if they are different, who is the great blocker from a year ago that we are now missing?

Originally posted by juniorseau55
A good return can only be efficent as long as he has some space and gets his blocks, sorry.

See you fans here are so quick to jump on someone. It's been three damn games. Just like CC in the preseason. What did I say? Look at Chad Morton, 20.9 on the year. He sucks too huh? Yeah! Let's replace him with Darnerian McCants!
:rolleyes:

I am sure they haven't. Most fans here just look for the negative things. They don't check to see how the coverage is, they just go home and check the stats. Then they whine, whine, whine. :sleep:

And then we get the guys who defend and completely don't have a clue period about what they are talking about.

I'm talking kick returner here.....not punt returner. Get with the right squad before you start talking coverages. Yes the phins have been pinned in punt cover but not on kick off cover. Watching Rogers run right into blockers and not finding the holes is bad. He's proving that his best return years are behind him as his stats have decreased every year.

Guarenteed Minor has more success on kick off returns and over the next couple weeks he's going to get that chance as Rogers hasn't shown jack and even the patient Wanny can't put up with that.

Rogers is getting better oppurtunities to. There have been dick all for penalties on his returns whereas Minor had several called back due to penalty last year. Minor is a talented guy and I have a feeling if he doesn't get more chances here he's going to make us regret it when he goes somewhere else next year.

Plus by ditching Rogers we could open up a roster spot for someone else.

Originally posted by Mr Fan
I have noticed something about Rogers that is a concern. Physically he seems weak, arm tackles drop him like a sack of potatoes.

Hopefully he'll get better with a little time.....at least he has avoided fumbling (like ogden) so far.

Well that makes sense, do you think they are sending 150 pound men out there to tackle him? No, there are about as plenty of men that weight 50 lbs over him taking him down.

See you fans here are so quick to jump on someone. It's been three damn games. Just like CC in the preseason. What did I say? Look at Chad Morton, 20.9 on the year. He sucks too huh? Yeah! Let's replace him with Darnerian McCants!
:rolleyes:

I don't get it, I just said that he hasn't gotten the best coverage to return a ball.

Originally posted by VanDolPhan

And then we get the guys who defend and completely don't have a clue period about what they are talking about.

I'm talking kick returner here.....not punt returner. Get with the right squad before you start talking coverages. Yes the phins have been pinned in punt cover but not on kick off cover. Watching Rogers run right into blockers and not finding the holes is bad. He's proving that his best return years are behind him as his stats have decreased every year.

Guarenteed Minor has more success on kick off returns and over the next couple weeks he's going to get that chance as Rogers hasn't shown jack and even the patient Wanny can't put up with that.

Rogers is getting better oppurtunities to. There have been dick all for penalties on his returns whereas Minor had several called back due to penalty last year. Minor is a talented guy and I have a feeling if he doesn't get more chances here he's going to make us regret it when he goes somewhere else next year.

Plus by ditching Rogers we could open up a roster spot for someone else.

Great idea van dolphan, like always............ the world is wrong and you are right. First of all he isn't running into blockers, that's the view that you are watching from your couch, go to a game, he's actually trying to get into a gap to make a return. Just because he hasn't got pinned at kick offf which gives anyone distance to move unless someone really blows a block doesn't mean anyone is going to return the ball for 90 yards for a touchdown. The fact that he hasn't gotten the best coverage and that the coaching staff hasn't gone over this as an area of need, wouldn't make sense of discussing about it or talking about releasing a player.

Back
Top Bottom