Charlie Whitehurste | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Charlie Whitehurste

Dphins

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
All I heard about leading up to the SeniorBowl was Jay Cutler might be the best Qb in the draft. I watched the practices and the game and he didn't perform like a top ten pick. I really liked Charlie Whitehurste unlike Cutler who seemed to make up his mind to who he was going to throw the ball to before the snap, CW went through is progessions showed great poise in the pocket and found the open reciever. He seems to have a Brady like poise that I really liked and he is a coaches son. I hope we draft CW rather then spend a first on Cutler!

Dphins said:
All I heard about leading up to the SeniorBowl was Jay Cutler might be the best Qb in the draft. I watched the practices and the game and he didn't perform like a top ten pick. I really liked Charlie Whitehurste unlike Cutler who seemed to make up his mind to who he was going to throw the ball to before the snap, CW went through is progessions showed great poise in the pocket and found the open reciever. He seems to have a Brady like poise that I really liked and he is a coaches son. I hope we draft CW rather then spend a first on Cutler!

more INTs then TD's in colledge should say it all.

He did look better in the Senior Bowl than what I was expecting. If he does well in the combine I wouldn't mind picking him up in the 2nd or 3rd round.

Whitehurst looked alot better than Cutler. After the combine he will skyrocket. The kid had four differant OC's in college and always come out looking good. I personnally would feel better about Charlie rather than Jay because he has a great offensive mind and better throwing power not to mention the ability to play in big games at the highest levels year in and out as he proved in college for four years not one.

Whitehurst also had 4 Off. Corid. in his 4 years in college. Not many would fair well under those circumstances. I think the kid has alot of upside and would be a safe pick in round 2 or 3 if we can't move up and get Cutler in the 1st. Take a stud D player in the 1st and get Whitehurst later if we can't get Cutler.

Words cannot express how much i can't stand Whitehurst. He's a baby, self centered, dumb, and damaged goods (shoulder). Granted I am a South Carolina fan so I am somewhat biased but he did not get any better in college. His best year was his sophmore year and then he followed with more INT's than TD's his junior year. Then they revamped the offense before his senior year to emphasize the run more. What does that tell you?

Phinphanatic13 said:
Words cannot express how much i can't stand Whitehurst. He's a baby, self centered, dumb, and damaged goods (shoulder). Granted I am a South Carolina fan so I am somewhat biased but he did not get any better in college. His best year was his sophmore year and then he followed with more INT's than TD's his junior year. Then they revamped the offense before his senior year to emphasize the run more. What does that tell you?
That is a biased opinion and inappropriate as far as calling him a baby, dumb and damaged. Sounds like your describeing the SC coach. Who was that guy didn't he do nothing in the NFL but become what you just said about Charlie.:sidelol:

I like what he brings to the table. If we cant get Cutler or Croyle in the first 2 rounds, I wouldnt mind picking him up and seeing what this coaching staff can do with him.

Dphins said:

I'm not a big fan of Whitehurst, his senior year stats are less than impressive....11 td's-10 int's. I think he's a career NFL backup at best, frankly I'd rather have Frerotte starting.

Regardless of you Charlie doubters their is a reason that Saban had him work out and it's not because he is dumb, damaged, a cry baby, or is less than impressive. Come on guys don't discorage any potential players till they get their chance you might regret it. Charlie played better than any QB at the senior bowl and IMO will be one of the top 3-4 QB's taken after the combine.

BlueFin said:
I'm not a big fan of Whitehurst, his senior year stats are less than impressive....11 td's-10 int's. I think he's a career NFL backup at best, frankly I'd rather have Frerotte starting.
He lost Roscoe Crosby early because of ineligibility and his best WR was a freshman. In the big games he makes big plays and he was taken out at least twice the whole second half because he had them up by so much and Bowden was working the freshman and didn't want any potential unnecessary injurie to hurt Charlie's draft status. Don't let the stats fool you. I'm sure the scouts already know this thats their job.

Back
Top Bottom