Chd Jackson or Sanantonio holmes | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chd Jackson or Sanantonio holmes

malzacher

Scout Team
Reaction score
Who would you rather have Chad Jackson or Sanantonio Holmes?

Jonathan Orr or Brandon Williams and a top notch DB round 1, for me

/sorry if that avoids the question/problem

Good debate. Santonio would probably be my choice, because he's a little more polished at the moment and is a very good blocker in the ground game. If you've got the speed and hands, and route polish, you'll be a good WR in the NFL eventually. Not always do you find a guy that is so willing to be a good run blocker though.

I'm not sure I would go WR in the 1st but if forced to choose, I would go for the better player now in S. Holmes. Chad Jackson is a raw talent who will take a couple of years to develop IMO. Holmes is ready to contribute more right away and still has decent upside.

S. Holmes, he is the more electric homerunthreat. This is what Mia needs and he much more NFL ready then Jackson and less of a gamble. I just believe that Holmes is on of those type guys that wil turn 5-10 yard slants ino 60 yard TD's. While Jackson has good speed he is not in the same class as far as holmes is at run after the catch. Holmes would be the perfect slot guy on 3 WR sets. Plus he is such a good route runner I think he could be an imidate impact WR. I like oth and I think Jackson will be good also but he will take more time to develope.
I see Holmes as a 60-80 catches with a higher YPC in his prime
Jackson as a 70-90 catches but with a lower YPC in his prime

im just hearing so much about these two wr's. I didn't really pay any attention to them this year. Kept my eye on the Canes. I would love to have a sweet young reciever for daunte to blow up, and eventually be a top wr in the league. I would love it if Mia can get 2 nice recievers like harrison/wayne or c.johnson/housmenzadeh. chambers/jackson or chambers/ holmes ,u know what i mean?

PROJECTION:

Philadelphia Eagles
Round 1, Pick 14
Bob Leverone/TSN
Overall grade: 8.0
Position rank: 1
225lb bench: 19
NFL comparison:
Rod Smith, Broncos

CHAD JACKSON MEASURABLES
Height: 6-0 Weight: 213
40-yard dash: 4.32 10-yard dash: 1.55
20-yard shuttle: 3.97 60-yard shuttle: 11.19
Broad jump: 10-2 225-lb. bench:
3-cone drill: 6.73 Vertical jump: 38
Wonderlic: 20-yard dash: 2.52

KEY » * Recently updated Position grade increased Position grade decreased
Chad Jackson
WR, Florida

War Room analysis
Hands: Shows strong hands and excellent concentration to look the ball into his hands. Is willing to go over the middle and make tough catches in traffic. Grade: 8.1.

Patterns: Didn't run many deep routes at Florida, but has the speed to get behind NFL cornerbacks. Runs precise routes, and shows a good burst in and out of cuts. Drops weight and settles feet well on hitch and comeback routes. Grade: 8.0.

Run after catch: Turns short passes into big gains. Shows a good burst after the catch, and is a strong runner. Is at his best on underneath routes -- using his size, strength and quickness to get open and then turning on his speed to get upfield. Grade: 8.2.

Release: Shows above-average quickness and a powerful burst off the line. Has the size and strength to beat jams. Grade: 7.9.

Blocking: Has the physical tools to be an effective downfield blocker, but must improve technique and become more aggressive. Grade: 7.8.

Bottom line: Jackson has good size and deceptive speed. He is a polished receiver who has a lot of experience against elite competition. He is a borderline first-round prospect. If he runs in the 4.40-second range in pre-draft workouts, as he claims he will, he will shoot up draft boards much like the Packers' Javon Walker did in '02.

Dan Pompei analysis
Shows outstanding measurable skills. Has size and speed to go with good hands and toughness. Is outstanding when going over the middle. Caught a lot of balls at Florida, but didn't make many big plays. Doesn't get a lot of yardage after the catch. Didn't show explosiveness, separation or precise route running. Could be more aggressive going after passes. Has considerable potential. Leaving school after junior season.
No. 3 on Pompei's WR rankings

PROJECTION:

San Diego Chargers
Round 1, Pick 19
Jay Drowns/TSN
Overall grade: 8.1
Position rank: 2
225lb bench: 18
NFL comparison:
Lee Evans, Bills

SANTONIO HOLMES MEASURABLES
Height: 5-10 Weight: 179
40-yard dash: 4.34 10-yard dash:
20-yard shuttle: 4.26 60-yard shuttle:
Broad jump: 10-6 225-lb. bench:
3-cone drill: 6.83 Vertical jump: 38
Wonderlic: 20-yard dash:

KEY » * Recently updated Position grade increased Position grade decreased
Santonio Holmes
WR, Ohio State

War Room analysis
Hands: Has good, soft hands. Must improve on catching intermediate passes. Catches passes at full speed and over his head. Makes tough catches in traffic. Lets too many balls get to his body. Grade: 8.0.

Patterns: Is an accomplished route-runner. Closes the cushion quickly, separates well. Shows terrific footwork and lower-body strength to make crisp cuts. Stops and starts quickly. Shows a great burst. Grade: 8.3.

Run after catch: Is explosive. Gets upfield immediately after the catch. Is a threat to score on every touch. Always seems to make first defender miss. Shows a second gear in the open field. Shows good vision to use blockers well. Grade: 8.3.

Release: Has a small frame. Is adept at sidestepping jams but must learn to use hands better to shed defenders. Shows great initial quickness. Won't be able to outrun NFL cornerbacks to the outside. Must become more patient. Grade: 7.9.

Blocking: Is competitive and willing to work but is limited by his size. Is stronger than he appears but has a short reach. Must use cut blocks to be effective. Must take better angles to defenders. Won't be effective cracking back against linebackers. Grade: 7.8.

Bottom line: Holmes is a constant home run threat. Although he didn't put up huge numbers in Ohio State's conservative offense, Holmes has the potential to be an NFL star. His size is sufficient, his speed is explosive and his ability is off the charts. He will need time to develop but immediately will contribute in the return game and as a No. 2 or slot receiver. He should be the first wide receiver selected.

Dan Pompei analysis
Smooth runner with hands to make catches away from his body. Knows how to get past a cornerback on a fly route, and can catch the deep ball. Has a feel for finding space in zones. Has OK size, but has the quickness of a smaller man. Has separation ability. Isn't a real physical blocker. Doesn't have elite speed, but is fast enough. Is a hard worker who picks up things quickly. Has shown consistent improvement and should continue to improve.
No. 2 on Pompei's WR rankings

It's a tough call especially after last year when you see WR's like Steve Smith and Santana Moss go at it and blow up. Those are small faster guys who can jump and catch a ball if needed. However there is something to say about size. Chad Jackson has TO type measurables. It's hard to not keep that in mind as well.

well, we do have a guy 5'10 in Chambers, and i love chambers but maybe we get a bigger reciever in jackson, a big, fast/explosive guy for daunte to throw to.

if we can sign Arrington go for Chad Jackson or Sinorice Moss or Best Availible player

malzacher said:
well, we do have a guy 5'10 in Chambers, and i love chambers but maybe we get a bigger reciever in jackson, a big, fast/explosive guy for daunte to throw to.

Chambers isn't 5-10. He's just shy of 6-0 and has a vertical of 45 inches; believe it or not it could be even higher than that. It's not like size dominates always in a receiving core. Speed picks apart zone coverage.

We have Randy McMike for our big receiver. We could use a burner. Holmes and Jackson are both very fast. I'd be happy with either.

Back
Top Bottom