Chd Jackson or Sanantonio holmes | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chd Jackson or Sanantonio holmes

IMO Chad Jackson will b a bust. Think about it, he wasnt even the best WR at Florida. #5 Caldwell was their best reciver and I do believe the #1..Jackson was the #2 reciver......BUST....i would take Holmes in a heart beat

We need a big possession reciever that can line up in the slot. We have a burner in Chambers and a short-yardage threat in McMichael, but not somebody who will regularly go through the middle of the D and make the 10-yard catch to move the sticks.

Chad Jackson is overrated. He tests well, but in games he doesn't accelerate after the catch, doesn't break as many tackles as his size would dictate and can't take it to the house.
Holmes is much more explosive, has great hands and has great game speed. If Ted Ginn wasn't at OSU, Holmes would be a top 10 pick.
He is solid citizen with a daughter and a good learner and hard worker.
Holmes will be Saban's pick unless they trade down.

Again, if Miami was looking for a #1 reciever, Holmes would be it. However, Miami is looking at a #2 reciever; somebody that regularly lines up in the slot and makes the short-yardage plays when they count.

Jackson top wr in draft

Chad Jackson will be the best wr from this draft period. He has size, speed, and hands. For the guy who said he wasn't the best wr on UF's team you obviously did not watch Florida much. Jackson did not benefit from Meyer's system with the short passes but in the previous year he smoked everybody he went up against.

He will have an opportunity to be a big time NFL wr. Miami would be lucky if he is still there at #16.

Sanantonio Holmes. He has been my pick for the first round for a while. He would add great depth and possibly take over as our number 2 reciever in a year or so if not sooner.

TheDolphinsR#1 said:
Sanantonio Holmes. He has been my pick for the first round for a while. He would add great depth and possibly take over as our number 2 reciever in a year or so if not sooner.

I thought you said you didn't want Holmes with the first pick......:lol:

Just Kidding......That would be a great pick at #1, then Omar Jacobs with the 3rd. Two great picks on day one!!!

Mr.305 said:
IMO Chad Jackson will b a bust. Think about it, he wasnt even the best WR at Florida. #5 Caldwell was their best reciver and I do believe the #1..Jackson was the #2 reciver......BUST....i would take Holmes in a heart beat

Up until the last few days I have always wanted Jackson if we were going to go WR in the first round. Physically he's got just about everything you want, but he doesn't really show the gamebreaker ability that he seemingly should possess. I agree with your bust comments and you also have to look at his yards per catch. His YPC's could partly be the product of Urban Meyer's system, but Holmes's YPC's is very intriguing. Holmes is a gamebreaker and definitely a better blocker. I think Jackson goes higher on draft day based on his physical ability and potential. Holmes seems a bit more polished with a greater game breaking ability. I'd be happy with either one, but right now I'd prefer Holmes.

It's a toss up in my eyes. I would probably take Jackson, I think he has a little more upside in the NFL, but Holmes will probably have better #'s next year. Both would be nice picks tho.

You cannot ignore history with Florida wr's. Chad doesn't play as fast as he timed.

Santonio Holmes. He has outstanding body control. He is an outstanding blocker. He shows outstanding toughness. He is capable of plucking the ball out of the air without losing any speed.

Jackson is a workout warrior who will be better than Holmes if and when he continues to develope. I would have to be sold on him as a person in regards to his character and work ethic in order to draft him over Santonio Holmes.

Tureo said:
You cannot ignore history with Florida wr's. Chad doesn't play as fast as he timed.

That is true. Name a Florida WR that produced in the NFL. Between the 2, I would go with Holmes. Eagles and Broncos picking right before Miami could possibly taking a WR, especially the Broncos, who could take Jackson.

Santonio Holmes measure at 5' 10 5/8" and 180 lbs. Explosive. That's the one word that generally describes him. Pair him with Chambers and look out.

I'd take the kid who plays faster than he times over the one who times faster than he plays any day. Jackson's main advantage over Holmes is size, but these days that doesn't matter as much as it used to. If we pick a WR in round 1 I'll be much happier with Holmes.

Back
Top Bottom