Check this out... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Check this out...

killswitch

engage
Reaction score
At age 26, former WWE star Brock Lesnar walks away from the last 5 years of a 7-year, $45 million dollar deal to try and play in the NFL as a D-lineman.

Supposedly the guy bench-presses 475 pounds, squats 695 pounds, and ran a 4.65 to 4.7 40-yard dash in April when he weighed 280 lbs at 6'3, and had a 35-inch vertical.

I would post a URL and some pictures, but I'm unable to since I don't have 10 posts yet.:rolleyes:

This has been discussed before, and I 'll say it again, there is no way he can play in the NFL, hell did he even play in college? Just because you can slam someone to the mat and you have big muscles doesn't mean you can play football at its highest level. If you look at his body, most of his strength is upper body with his shoulders,chest, back etc. In the NFL to play on the dline you need a lot of thigh and hip strength which is where he really lacks if you look at him....so he's chasing a fool's dream because he'll never get that kind of money in the NFL.

if he can squat 695, Id say hes got a bit of lower body strength as well.

Not that I know anything about the topic, just pointing out that fact.

My bad, I didn't know this has alredy been talked about.

But anyway, he squats 695 lbs. So he obviously does have lower body strength, or at least weight room strength. Of course it'd be idiotic to assume this guy can play football out of nowhere. But it's also idiotic to say he's "chasing a fool's dream" based on the idea that "most of his strength is upper body with his shoulders,chest, back etc." and not in his thies and hips.

You can't tell if his athletic ability translates to the football field until he's given a chance. And if it does happen to translate, then it'll probably take a few years before he could actually get accustomed to gameplay and the speed of the game.

But anyway, I posted this thread just because I thought it was pretty damn intriguing.

If this is true...

If he can or can not play, which I total agree with FinsFlurry, Brock Lesnar is a F'ing idiot.

To walk away from the last 5 years of a 7-year, $45 million dollar deal, as reported by killswitch, is totaly stupid.

He will never make that in the NFL, EVER!!!

DUMB AZZ!

But it's also idiotic to say he's "chasing a fool's dream" based on the idea that "most of his strength is upper body with his shoulders,chest, back etc." and not in his thies and hips.

It's not the only reason, there are many, many reasons why he will never make it in the NFL... namely he lacks the stamina and toughness of a football player because he has been wrestling for several years, he has no idea what it's like in any kind of real game, and he just lacks the tools to play in the NFL let alone the CFL.

ThunderCane said:
If this is true...

If he can or can not play, which I total agree with FinsFlurry, Brock Lesnar is a F'ing idiot.

To walk away from the last 5 years of a 7-year, $45 million dollar deal, as reported by killswitch, is totaly stupid.

He will never make that in the NFL, EVER!!!

DUMB AZZ!

In the article I read, he said how he'll probably go back to wrestling after the NFL. But he's very serious about playing in the NFL and the reason he's doing it is because it's always been his dream. He said he just wasn't happy anymore in the wrestling business. He said the grind of traveling and performing 280 nights a year in the WWE made him "miserable." He missed his 2-year-old daughter, Mya, and craved the kind of unrehearsed competition he experienced with the Gophers when he won the 2000 NCAA Division I heavyweight wrestling title.

ThunderCane, he knows he's not gonna make that kind of money in the NFL. He already has plenty of money and still isn't happy. SO, what the hell is wrong with trying something that he really WANTS to do and has dreamed about.

Finsflurry said:
But it's also idiotic to say he's "chasing a fool's dream" based on the idea that "most of his strength is upper body with his shoulders,chest, back etc." and not in his thies and hips.

It's not the only reason, there are many, many reasons why he will never make it in the NFL... namely he lacks the stamina and toughness of a football player because he has been wrestling for several years, he has no idea what it's like in any kind of real game, and he just lacks the tools to play in the NFL let alone the CFL.
You're right that he has no idea about what it's like in any kind of real game - that's what he'll have to adjust to, and if he is ever able to adjust to gameplay, my guess is it'd take him a few years at least. But, to say he lacks the toughness, stamina, and lacks the tools is ridiculous. Maybe he does, maybe he doesn't.

You're being way to quick to judge this guy. C'mon, you can't deny that this guy is intriguing and should be given a chance with his physical tools.

Here's the article I read (from startribune):

You can only post links to articles, not copy-paste the entire thing to a thread, that violates our TOS - TerryTate

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

March 23, 2004:

according to Mike Morris on his radio show, Lesnar arrived in Arizona today to start training for his NFL tryouts. He weighed in at 283 lbs, ran a 4.65 40, had a 35 inch vertical jump, a 10 foot standing long jump, and benched 225 lbs. at 30 reps.

First,
" the reason he's doing it is because it's always been his dream."
IMO is a load of crap. He was a wrestler in college...Then why did he not play football?

Second,
"He said the grind of traveling and performing 280 nights a year in the WWE made him "miserable." He missed his 2-year-old daughter"
I know they have a crapy life style...that is why you are compensated with a 7-year, $45 million dollar deal.

Third,
"craved the kind of unrehearsed competition he experienced with the Gophers when he won the 2000 NCAA Division I heavyweight wrestling title."
Then why did he not go into the olympics like Kurt Angel did. Maybe cause he cous not pass the steriod test?

Fourth,
"SO, what the hell is wrong with trying something that he really WANTS to do and has dreamed about."
I never said it is wrong. I am tired of hearing entertainers that are making loads of cash cry about crap just to get press. I think this is all a publicity stunt...but agian, "Brock Lesnar is a F'ing idiot" if it is true.

Methinks those numbers on him are bullshiat.

4.65 at 285 pounds? Not bloody likely. According to the sheet the Dolphins passed out at minicamp, Taylor ran a 4.65 at 243 pounds. Aint no way he's as fast as Jason Taylor, and can do those kind of presses and whatnot.

"Looks like tarzan, plays like jane."

There is a reson why most lineman don't look like body-builders...

I could care less who the fins give a shot to play. They only pay real money to the ones who make the team ...

--Ross

Disgustipate said:
Methinks those numbers on him are bullshiat.

4.65 at 285 pounds? Not bloody likely. According to the sheet the Dolphins passed out at minicamp, Taylor ran a 4.65 at 243 pounds. Aint no way he's as fast as Jason Taylor, and can do those kind of presses and whatnot.
The only guy that has those type of numbers is Julius Peppers.

Maybe he can be a fullback.

I don't know if he is agile enough to be a LB or TE. D-line might force him to have many injuries. This guy has little body fat.

I knew it wouldn't take long for roids to come into it, oh well who cares he's not gonna play for the dolphins anyway.

Back
Top Bottom