Check this out... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Check this out...

I say let him go out for QB. He can't be worse than Feeley and he would awesome at QB sneaks. lol

There is a little thing called technique. He doesn't know any!

Yet, I hope he trys. 24 years ago I walked away from a lucrative job to go to seminary and become a Lutheran pastor (not exactly a job with lots of earning potential). While I have had lousy days I have never regreted doing what I think I was called to do.

I say go for it!

Finsflurry said:
This has been discussed before, and I 'll say it again, there is no way he can play in the NFL, hell did he even play in college? Just because you can slam someone to the mat and you have big muscles doesn't mean you can play football at its highest level. If you look at his body, most of his strength is upper body with his shoulders,chest, back etc. In the NFL to play on the dline you need a lot of thigh and hip strength which is where he really lacks if you look at him....so he's chasing a fool's dream because he'll never get that kind of money in the NFL.

I don't think he will ever play a down, but it surely won't be because his legs are not strong enough.

I think it will more than likely be that someone clicked the clock off a tad early on his forty time. Those stats on him seem a little to perfect.....

it aint that impossible

Disgustipate said:
Methinks those numbers on him are bullshiat.

4.65 at 285 pounds? Not bloody likely. According to the sheet the Dolphins passed out at minicamp, Taylor ran a 4.65 at 243 pounds. Aint no way he's as fast as Jason Taylor, and can do those kind of presses and whatnot.
didn't kenuchi udeze run a 4.7 or below and he weighs 280. i think hed be a good defensive end physicly but he needs to do studying first at the positon. he is kinda like urlacher but he weighs quite a bit more. he shouldnt even consider linebacker though if he even gets his weight down because linebacker takes years and years to develope your skills, to be a mlb you need to have very good field awareness.

their weight

NJL52 said:
Dwight Freeny runs a 4.45 and ogun runs a 4.5. But I don't know how much they weigh.
from what ive read dwight weighs in the lower 240s and ogunleye is 255, ogunleye is definately faster than jt and stronger but jt has those long, lanky arms that make him so effective for reaching around lineman and getting to the quarterback.

Finsflurry said:
It's not the only reason, there are many, many reasons why he will never make it in the NFL... namely he lacks the stamina and toughness of a football player because he has been wrestling for several years, he has no idea what it's like in any kind of real game, and he just lacks the tools to play in the NFL let alone the CFL.

There may be many reasons for him not to make it but I guarantee you that stamina is NOT one of them. What these guys have to go through from a training perspective on a daily basis is phenominal. I'll bet they could have a few d-lineman puking their guts out going thru their regimen.
:cooldude:

There may be many reasons for him not to make it but I guarantee you that stamina is NOT one of them. What these guys have to go through from a training perspective on a daily basis is phenominal. I'll bet they could have a few d-lineman puking their guts out going thru their regimen
Yea, I was about to bring that up. It takes more stamina to wrestle then it does to play football. I'm not talking about WWE, I'm talking about college.

The guy did win 2 heavyweight titles in wrestling...let's give him a LITTLE credit as an athlete.

Oh...and I meant NCAA wrestling. He was an absolute monster in college. Plenty of stamina, plenty of athletic ability. Will he make it in the NFL? Who knows...but he's certainly fast as hell and freakishly powerful. Best of luck to him.

you guys are f'd up jeez...if he wants to try his "dream" to play football then let him and dont say **** about him...how is it so hard to believe he runs a 4.6 in the 40 i mean come on...give the guy a break..just because he doesnt know how to play the game fully doesnt mean he wont in a couple of years..i think he will be able to make it in say 2-3 years..

Actually, Wale is listed at 278 by the last minicamp roster.

Also, I agree with Admiral. Who gives a crap whether or not he's good enough or he makes it?? He left something that made him miserable so he could be with his kid and persue his dream at the same time. And he's made enough money to be able to do it.

Yeah, real dumbass. :rolleyes:

I doubt he will make it but if there was someone who could do this... it would be him. From what I have read he has amazing determination and fantastic learning skills.

He will try and probably fail but at least he will be happy he tried. Its the things in life that you don't do that you end up regretting.

The Star Tribune reports the Minnesota Vikings are expected to workout DE Brock Lesnar, of wrestling fame, in the next month. Lesnar (6-3, 290), who lives in Minnesota, would reportedly prefer to play for the Vikings.

:cooldude:

Back
Top Bottom