Chester Has Knee Scoped, Kills Rumors | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chester Has Knee Scoped, Kills Rumors

yankeehillbilly said:
Nah, then who would we have to make fun of????
Wanny's gone, Fiedler's gone, Wise is gone......PFT is the only bucket of ridicule we have left :lol:
So true! :lol:

phinsforever said:
338 pounds????Wow isn't that a little heavy? I know that Larry is a buffet killer, but that seems a little out of whack. Does anybody know what his playing weight was the year before last?

He was well over 360 in 2003. The Phins gave him some weight incentives before last season and he got in great shape. He was around 331 or so. Even got in on kickoff returns.

338 is VERY good for Chester. Heck, it's great for Timbo as well. Don't believe the 325 listings you see. They couldn't be further from the truth. Case in point, Tony Siragusa was routinely listed between 330 and 340. He was much closer to 380-400.

phinsforever said:
338 pounds????Wow isn't that a little heavy? I know that Larry is a buffet killer, but that seems a little out of whack. Does anybody know what his playing weight was the year before last?

He was listed at 325 in 2003

Edit: I deferr to Muck....he is right about not believing listed weights.

Another example would be Rex Hadnot. He was listed at 308 and then 318 as a rookie. George Paton told us in August that Hadnot was in fact 340.

As long as Chester isnt retired we shoud be good along the dline. If we were goin to lose him and Timbo again this year we would be in some trouble even with traylor.

Yeah, i'd still feel better if we signed traylor, if for depth purposes only.. the more you can rotate these guys in and out.. the longer you can keep them rested throughout the season.

so is there any chance to get a dolphin roster with all their real weight ?

emjai said:
whats PFT?

Pro Football Talk (profootballtalk.com). Lots of smoke, not much fire.

But yes, DT needs to be a top priority for next year's draft. Even if we sign Traylor (and we probably will), that still leaves us with a very old set of DTs. New talent is needed, even if you assume that Kevin Carter will see a lot of snaps there, he's over 30.

It also depends on how Vickerson fairs this year. If he shows something, then DT will not be as big of a need.

I really hope big Larry can stay healthy and give us that inside presence we need. I have to agree with bonedoc7777 next year better have a couple of DT's on the roster.

Back
Top Bottom