Chester Hopes To Be Ready For TC | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chester Hopes To Be Ready For TC

Good, thats a nice piece of the D to have back. His stregnth and leverage are always things that causes problems for offenses.

We're VERY shakey at that position. Other than overweight Chester and back injury Bowens we have no run stoppers at DT. Carter is a tweener as is Holliday. If those two end up starting at DT it'll be a repeat of last year for our run defense.

Jaj said:
We're VERY shakey at that position. Other than overweight Chester and back injury Bowens we have no run stoppers at DT. Carter is a tweener as is Holliday. If those two end up starting at DT it'll be a repeat of last year for our run defense.

Not exactly. It wont be ideal, but it will be nowhere near the problems we had last season. Last season we had a DE and a 285 pound penetrating DE at DT.

Couple that with the fact that Wannstedt tried to treat Zgonina and Robinson like 330 pound two-gap space eaters, and that for most of the season we had 220 and 230 pound linebackers, that is what killed us.

Jaj said:
While I agree we're shaky I dont think we're as bad as last year at all. Holliday is a pretty decent player inside and Carter has above average speed and stregnth inside. Chester is a very important piece without question but nothing can be worse than that rotation we had last year.

Well to say the least Carter and Holliday aren't great run stuffing DTs. Our LBs aren't completely different as Zach is still our MLB. Moore and Pope haven't gotten any larger. We're better at LB now, but still if we have both Carter and Holliday starting at DT we are SCREWED.

Good news. We need him. I just hope he doesn't push himself and injure it again.

Of our 2nd day picks that's where I'm hoping that Vickerson is a nice score in the rotation over any of the other picks.

Unfortunately Vickerson is also a lighter DT, who is being groomed to replace Kevin Carter in coming years. One thing is for sure Saban better pick someone up after June 1st to atleast help with that whole situation.

It kinda worries me that he is that inactive this whole time and doesnt do anything... having to cut the wieght is something that he should be the last thing on his mind, but instead some players on the team dont stay fit and healthy through the offseason.

yeah like i said he'll be back this year. cant remember who dogged me for that but you were wrong.

how fat is chester now? i wonder how much weight he gained

Good news. We need Chester or Bowens or both back, in a big way. We sucked last year with those two gone.:mad:

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the injury to those two was the single most disastrous event in the 2004 Dolphins Nightmare. Yes I think it was even worse than Ricky retiring.

Jaj said:

as someone else said, we were left with 2 guys that were barely 280 lbs inside, and Wanny was trying to use them like they were TBO and Chester. He was trying to have Zgonina/Robinson/Romero plug the middle and let Zach/Jr/Morlon make the plays. Unfortunatly, Robinson was the only one that was any good at stopping the run, but he was more of a DE. Zgonina and Romero are pass rushing DTs. They're guys who should only be in on passing downs.

Carter and Holliday are both heavier than what we had last year, and both are pretty good against the run.

Back
Top Bottom