Chicken and the egg.. O Line or RB | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chicken and the egg.. O Line or RB

dolphinfan41

Active Roster
Reaction score
I'm not sure if Ballage and Drake are bad because of our patchwork O Line, or if they are just not quality starters to begin with. Our running game was inept.

Would Zeke have faired better behind our line today?

Thoughts?

They don't have guys like Smith, Collins and Fredericks blocking them.

The backs are less of a problem than the O-Line. Then again, the plague is less of a problem than this O-Line.

Maybe we can snag Gordon for pennies on the dollar?

DE, OL, CB, OL, DE, OL, CB.

Then we can talk offensive skill guys, draft wise.

Last edited:
Drake is quite capable of being a solid running back. He's proven that when he's had the chance. His problem is ball security. The offensive line is the worst in the NFL. It's way more of an offensive line problem. They dont open up any holes and the pass protection is horrid.

Drake and Ballage aren't world beaters but the offensive line the Dolphins are fielding is worse than those on quite a few college teams. The best player on the offensive line is Jesse Davis and he wouldn't be starting on most other NFL teams. Once Davis got hurt the offensive line went from terrible to catastrophic.

All world running backs can't look good behind putrid offensive lines. Putrid running backs can look good behind all world lines.

I wouldn't say they are bad they are just not starting material. Ballage should be the 3rd HB on a team and Drake would be a solid #2 change of pace guy.

Drake is a compliment back....always has been. He was at Bama and should be here. He was overdrafted....something our FO does often. He brings and extra gear and pass catching but wears down with increased carries. He really needs to split with someone.

I can't keep beating the Ballage dead horse. By now, everyone must know my opinion on him. I would already be on to Laird and Gaskin.

Drake is quite capable of being a solid running back. He's proven that when he's had the chance. His problem is ball security. The offensive line is the worst in the NFL. It's way more of an offensive line problem. They dont open up any holes and the pass protection is horrid.

Drake can be an effective component of a lot of offenses but those have to be ones that can absorb his leaving yards on the field with his decision making. It's not as big of a deal if you're capable of converting third and longs.

Back
Top Bottom