Chiefs coach involved in accident... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chiefs coach involved in accident...

The fact he admitted he had 2 or 3 drinks while also taking Adderall, along with his past record does not bode well for him. Especially considering he was driving with his young son in the car who was seriously injured. I will admit that I have zero tolerance for anyone who drinks and drives. So whatever punishment he receives in court will be justified, IMO.

I just hope his son is able to fully recover from his injuries.
His son wasn’t in the car. The child was in a vehicle on the side of the road:

According to the police report, a third vehicle, a Ram Laramie Sport, came along and struck first the left front of the disabled vehicle and then the rear of the second vehicle, where the 5-year-old child was in the back seat along with a 4-year-old child, who also was taken by ambulance to an area hospital but with non-life-threatening injuries.

In the United States, drivers are given far too much power. If a person carelessly and recklessly swings around a knife or gun, they're facing serious charges. If they use a car recklessly, they face little punishment even if others are injured or killed.

He hasnt actually been charged yet so I'll hold off complete judgement until that happens. His background shows that it is highly likely that he was probably intoxicated at the time of the injury.

Its one of the things I always mention to people and preach to my friends that still drink and drive. When i got my DUI, i was in a multicar wreck (that wasnt my fault, i was collateral damage in it, just happened to have "2-3" beers in me. There was a baby involved in the accident. Had that baby died I'm sure I'd been paying lawyers fees out the *** to avoid massive jail time because they would've tried to pen it on the person under the influence. Most people leaving the bar, all they think about is "i hope i dont get pulled over or come up to a traffic stop" I tell the guys, That could be one of the better outcomes, u get in a wreck and someone in the other vehicle dies, thats on you for life, both in prison and in your head. one of my 2nd cousins spent about 3 or 4 years locked up because an old couple ran a stop light, hit him, and the old man died. They ran the light but said that "had he not have been drinking, he probably would've been more aware that the old couple were getting ready to run a stop light, heres your hand cuffs.
That's the way I look at it. It's not whether or not you get caught, it's what could happen if your reflexes are slowed just a tiny bit. At regular road speeds that's a fair distance and possibly someone's life. That's why I don't drive after a drink.

Hope that child is going to be ok, that's the only thing that matters. You have to feel for Andy Reid. Poor guy having to deal with a distraction like this before the SB. As far as Britt is concerned, he ****ed up big time and now he doesn't work for Chiefs anymore.

Back
Top Bottom