Chiefs playing the waiting game.. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chiefs playing the waiting game..

KChiefs1 said:
Sorry guys this deal is dead.

I know you guys don't know how Carl Peterson works & deals with people but he doesn't cave in no matter what & I'm sure the Dolphins will never see the Chiefs 2nd round pick unless the Dolphins throw in another pick along with Surtain.

Chiefs fans have seen Peterson in action too many times to know that he'll ever cave in on this deal. He takes things like this personally & he won't let anyone think Saban got the best of him.

Dead Issue now....Arizona is your best bet to get rid of Surtain.

Your loss then. And I hope you get use to Moss scoring all over your CB's.

Maybe Denver becomes a possibility now? They just picked up some extra picks, and it wouldn't be a bad idea to team Surtain and Bailey together to cover Moss.

Nublar7 said:
Maybe Denver becomes a possibility now? They just picked up some extra picks, and it wouldn't be a bad idea to team Surtain and Bailey together to cover Moss.

Money, money, money
Must be funny
In the rich man’s world

Jaj said:
Money, money, money
Must be funny
In the rich man’s world
It just popped into my head because of the trade Denver just did. :goof:

Also, can anyone confirm the rumor from Cards boards that Peter King on Sportscenter said that Arizona was now in talks with us for Surtain? Wouldn't be a bad idea to try and get Shelton from them.

I'd love to find some way to keep Surtain as a Phin, just getting his cap hit down to 4 million or so would give us room to sign the rookies. I understand Saban wanting to get more draft picks to build the team properly though, so it isn't just about cap space with Pat.

However, with the Raiders moving Buchanon to the Texans for a 2nd and a 3rd round pick? No way we should get less than a 2nd and 4th for Surtain. The market value is clear, and KC needs to understand that. If they want to make a run, they better do it now, or just settle for winning some games 38-35 and losing about as many 41-38.

Deus Ex Dolphin said:
I'd love to find some way to keep Surtain as a Phin, just getting his cap hit down to 4 million or so would give us room to sign the rookies. I understand Saban wanting to get more draft picks to build the team properly though, so it isn't just about cap space with Pat.

However, with the Raiders moving Buchanon to the Texans for a 2nd and a 3rd round pick? No way we should get less than a 2nd and 4th for Surtain. The market value is clear, and KC needs to understand that. If they want to make a run, they better do it now, or just settle for winning some games 38-35 and losing about as many 41-38.

Why do you think the Texans traded a 2nd and a 3rd for Bunchanon instead of giving a similar or lesser deal for Surtain?

Nublar7 said:
It just popped into my head because of the trade Denver just did. :goof:

Also, can anyone confirm the rumor from Cards boards that Peter King on Sportscenter said that Arizona was now in talks with us for Surtain? Wouldn't be a bad idea to try and get Shelton from them.

I think Arizona could try and deal Shelton for Henry real soon or if that fails then try for Edge with a pick next year.

I could see them trading up with Cleveland to draft Rodgers. With the Henry and Surtain deals done they'd be in good shape.

KChiefs1 said:

I know you guys don't know how Carl Peterson works & deals with people but he doesn't cave in no matter what & I'm sure the Dolphins will never see the Chiefs 2nd round pick unless the Dolphins throw in another pick along with Surtain.

Chiefs fans have seen Peterson in action too many times to know that he'll ever cave in on this deal. He takes things like this personally & he won't let anyone think Saban got the best of him.

Good......enjoy giving up 50 points a game.

I will personally enjoy watching Porter and Moss destroy your secondary this year.

KChiefs1 said:

:roflmao:

Get rid of Surtain? We are not trying to get RID of Patrick. We'll keep hom if we have to. You don't try and get rid of 28 year old Pro Bowl cornerbacks. I dont know who this Peterson guy is, but he must think the Dolphins brass was born yesterday. Have fun watching Randy Moss go for 180 and 3 TD's everytime you play the Raiders.

KChiefs1 said:

Chiefs | Still Working on Surtain Trade - from www.KFFL.com
Tue, 19 Apr 2005 20:58:05 -0700

Updating ongoing reports, according to KCChiefs.com, Kansas City Chiefs president Carl Peterson has confirmed that the Chiefs continue to work on a possible deal to land Miami Dolphins CB Patrick Surtain in a trade. "We're still talking, still negotiating, still trying to do something that makes sense contract-wise for the Kansas City Chiefs and it has to make sense for Patrick and his representative," Peterson said. Peterson added a deal would have to get done prior to the NFL Draft because Surtain's contract situation was "too complex" to be worked out on draft day.

:nana:

Sarcastro said:
Why do you think the Texans traded a 2nd and a 3rd for Bunchanon instead of giving a similar or lesser deal for Surtain?
Quite simple actually, they don't feel they HAVE to win now. They can have a few years, plus the fact that they want to build their D for long term...

Texans aren't gearing up for a SuperBowl run in '05 and are still a somewhat young, developing team.

The Chiefs need to win immediately before the offense falls apart and Vermeil retires.

KChiefs1 said:
Dead Deal...heard it here first!:shakeno:

I'll wait until someone with a little bit more credibility than you says it's dead.

Back
Top Bottom