Chiefs playing the waiting game.. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chiefs playing the waiting game..

Dubfire said:
I think when push comes to shove KC will cough up that second round pick for Surtain..

Or could they be holding out hope that by some miracle either Pac Man or Rolle drop to #15. I think thats highly unlikely though. They could also take Carlos Rogers there who seems to be climbing on everyone's boards. No way in hell he's better than Pat, but they may be content with that.

Who knows? :confused:

I watched an interview with Jim Criner of the Chiefs the weekend on British TV and he basically say the Dolphins want too much--they still interested but dolphins would have to get real to make a deal- I say kick this deal into touch

If this is a dead deal, so be it. I think Pat would work out just fine for another year and would love to see the chiefs in defensive hell again.

I thought this deal would close by now but maybe KC is waiting to see how the draft plays out before they pull the trigger on Surtain. I highly doubt any rookie CB will have the immediate impact that Surtain will, but maybe they really are waiting to see if Pac-Man or Rolle drops to them.

Oboy said:
Quite simple actually, they don't feel they HAVE to win now. They can have a few years, plus the fact that they want to build their D for long term...

No, they did the deal for Buchanon because he makes only 750k next year and 800k the year after that.

Plus, he's faster, younger and be a return man if they'd like.

Buchanon has more value than Surtain on money alone.

i dont think the pick is hte problem anymore. from what im reading it seems like his contract is the problem, even though we all thought that was settled, it doesnt look lke it is.

Back
Top Bottom