Chiefs trade for DE Hall...surtain could be in the next couple day?

Buddwalk

The Jukebox Hero
Joined
Jun 22, 2004
Messages
14,106
Reaction score
20
Age
30
Location
East Berlin, PA
http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/KC/8359036


I think this signals that surtains gonna be traded for the 2nd round pick...what that team was really missing was defense and they certainly have tried to upgrade it...surtain would give them the shut down corner they need in that division playing against randy moss and whoever else the chargers draft
 

ChambersWI

Owner of the Palace of Wisdom
Finheaven VIP
Joined
Jan 20, 2004
Messages
16,322
Reaction score
4,208
Location
Harrisburg, PA
already a thread about the trade, but IMO this shows the incompetence of the KC FO.

Hall was benched in favor of 3 rookies. Plus, he had a 7th round tender, and they traded a 5th for him. (Sound familiar?)

It shows that their GM has no negotiating skills when he could have had the same guy for close to nothing, and now he gives up a mid round pick for a guy who might not even start... Why does that sound so familiar?
 

SkapePhin

Rump Shaker
Finheaven VIP
Joined
May 20, 2002
Messages
40,280
Reaction score
9,767
If they get Surtain, KC could be NASTY next year.. The AFC West will be brutal though..
 

PHINSfan

FinHeaven VIP
Joined
Dec 29, 2004
Messages
2,521
Reaction score
159
Age
57
Location
Broward, Fl.
So true...This trade has the making to benefit both teams, but KC is playing hardball. Well I dont see Saban caving in, so lets see what happens!
 

SkapePhin

Rump Shaker
Finheaven VIP
Joined
May 20, 2002
Messages
40,280
Reaction score
9,767
ChambersWI said:
already a thread about the trade, but IMO this shows the incompetence of the KC FO.

Hall was benched in favor of 3 rookies. Plus, he had a 7th round tender, and they traded a 5th for him. (Sound familiar?)

It shows that their GM has no negotiating skills when he could have had the same guy for close to nothing, and now he gives up a mid round pick for a guy who might not even start... Why does that sound so familiar?
It sounds like desperation for a last effort at a title, kinda like Spielman and Wanny last offseason...

That should work in our favor.. I think they will give us the 2nd round pick. BUT, I do think KC will be markedly improved next season with this new defensive help.
 

BocaHighQB

Scout Team
Joined
Mar 22, 2005
Messages
413
Reaction score
0
Yes and I believe we have to play everyone in the AFC West? Including going to Oakland.
 

ChambersWI

Owner of the Palace of Wisdom
Finheaven VIP
Joined
Jan 20, 2004
Messages
16,322
Reaction score
4,208
Location
Harrisburg, PA
SkapePhin said:
If they get Surtain, KC could be NASTY next year.. The AFC West will be brutal though..

could be, but you've got to remember...

Sammy isn't getting any younger, Bell hasn't had a good season since his rookie year, and Hall is average at best.
 

Regan21286

Wa Wa Wee Wa
Joined
May 6, 2003
Messages
5,465
Reaction score
0
Location
UCLA
wouldn't be surprised if a rival AFC team offered us their 2nd rounder to stop us from trading Surtain to the Chiefs. lol. Chiefs could draft CB and wait for Law's status if Saban won't budge (and I hope he won't).
 

Sarcastro

Scout Team
Joined
Feb 25, 2005
Messages
201
Reaction score
0
ChambersWI said:
could be, but you've got to remember...

Sammy isn't getting any younger, Bell hasn't had a good season since his rookie year, and Hall is average at best.
Bell had a good season his third year when he went to the ProBowl as an alternate. He was pretty good his 2nd year when he missed four games.
 

Phinadict

And away he goes...
Joined
Apr 27, 2004
Messages
1,057
Reaction score
44
Regan21286 said:
wouldn't be surprised if a rival AFC team offered us their 2nd rounder to stop us from trading Surtain to the Chiefs. lol. Chiefs could draft CB and wait for Law's status if Saban won't budge (and I hope he won't).
Do you mean in the West? What team do you see being willing to do that? Oakland and Denver are covered (pun inteded...), San Diego is still pissed that we stiffed them with Fletcher. That leaves KC doesn't it?
 

Phinsdude

Pro Bowler
Joined
Mar 14, 2004
Messages
2,099
Reaction score
2
Why would they give up a 5 for a guy with a 7th round tender i believe. They were planning on signing him long term, and the Titans wouldn't match, with all their cap troubles. Am I missing something. And yet one of the best corners in the league is asking a 2nd, and they don't want to give up the pick, lose the pick. I hate to say it, but you probably won't find a better corner in the 2nd then Pat, he's one of the best.
 

Regan21286

Wa Wa Wee Wa
Joined
May 6, 2003
Messages
5,465
Reaction score
0
Location
UCLA
Phinadict said:
Do you mean in the West? What team do you see being willing to do that? Oakland and Denver are covered (pun inteded...), San Diego is still pissed that we stiffed them with Fletcher. That leaves KC doesn't it?
lol, i meant in the west. San Diego has a lotta picks I think and they still need cover help.
 

Lights_Out

Hit Somebody!!!
Joined
Aug 8, 2004
Messages
485
Reaction score
0
Location
West Palm Beach
no way saban caves..if he does then evrybody will try to stick it to us...put his foot down now and show evrybody we aint taking no more $hit...ya heard
 
Top Bottom