Chiefs trade for DE Hall...surtain could be in the next couple day? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chiefs trade for DE Hall...surtain could be in the next couple day?

Phinsdude said:
Why would they give up a 5 for a guy with a 7th round tender i believe. They were planning on signing him long term, and the Titans wouldn't match, with all their cap troubles. Am I missing something. And yet one of the best corners in the league is asking a 2nd, and they don't want to give up the pick, lose the pick. I hate to say it, but you probably won't find a better corner in the 2nd then Pat, he's one of the best.

The Titans had said they would match any offers. This way the Chiefs give up a 5th round pick. They have three 5th round picks and this is probably the one that is a few picks away from the 6th. In addition to this they also get Hall at his $650,000 salary for this year that the Titans were going to be paying him.

Hall is a very good player, but I dont think he is a good fit in KC and is probably not the answer the their defensive problems. Contrary to what others have said, the fact they are trading away draft picks is NOT a good sign for Miami/Surtain.

SkapePhin said:
If they get Surtain, KC could be NASTY next year.. The AFC West will be brutal though..

Too right! chiefs and raiders have some big names on offense now

at this point I don't really care about the chiefs trade anymore, If I was Nick and crew I would find another afc west team to trade with just to spite them. In fact I would try really hard to find any other team that would be a willing trade partner rather than the smug chiefs. come next year lets see who will be laughing then. It would be sight to see to watch Pat play for the chargers or even the raiders just not the @#$% chiefs, IMO

dolphin23 said:
at this point I don't really care about the chiefs trade anymore, If I was Nick and crew I would find another afc west team to trade with just to spite them. In fact I would try really hard to find any other team that would be a willing trade partner rather than the smug chiefs. come next year lets see who will be laughing then. It would be sight to see to watch Pat play for the chargers or even the raiders just not the @#$% chiefs, IMO

You would make a pretty horrible GM.

I dont think so at least in the future teams would trade with us FAIRLY. are you happy with what the chiefs are doing? there has been a few trades arleady this year with players going to new teams but none of them even comes close to what Pat brings on the table, wanny left so much of a stigma to this team that KC still thinks that its still dealing with a bunch of morons, not this year! Theres a new sheriff in town!

dolphin23 said:
I dont think so at least in the future teams would trade with us FAIRLY. are you happy with what the chiefs are doing? there has been a few trades arleady this year with players going to new teams but none of them even comes close to what Pat brings on the table, wanny left so much of a stigma to this team that KC still thinks that its still dealing with a bunch of morons, not this year! Theres a new sheriff in town!

Here is a question that might be able to put things in perspective. What type of GM/HC do you want? The kind that picks up and takes his basketball home when he doesn't immediately get the offer he wants? Or the kind that stands firm for the offer he wants and has no need to take his ball home. A hot headed tempermental HC can be just as harmful to a team as a soft HC can.

By the way, I am a Chiefs fan, not a Dolphins fan. Carl Peterson has a history of dragging things like this out. He isn't singling Saban out. He handles everybody the same way. It is something that irritates the Chiefs faithful as well. It is better for the opposing GM/HC to be firm and patient rather then foaming at the mouth and stomping off. It is fine for fans to be hot headed, but you want your GM/HC to be all business in situations like this.

Back
Top Bottom