Chop | Page 19 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chop

I’m fine with the pick. It’s pretty clear Grier is obsessed with drafting premium positions early. Also remember, Mike McDaniel said , edge was his favorites position. They swung for the fences with an elite athlete at a premium position.

Absolutely disgusting.

Grier continues to reach in round 1. I was literally telling my wife 20 minutes ago I hope it’s not Chop Robinson.

4 sacks last year and 2 came against UMass. Undersized at only 254 lbs and has one move… speed rush.

If he can’t beat you with pure speed then he’s no factor whatsoever. I’m absolutely disgusted. Graham Barton was right there and offered huge positional versatility. He potentially fixed 2 spots with one pick.

Robinson will be a non factor. Just like Iggy or Charles Harris. All he has is speed and NFL OTs will engulf him.

They literally could not have made a worse pick.

Fire away
Where are your GM credentials?

Is he an another project though? I read he only had like 11 sacks in college and this is all “potential” driven. I don’t know **** about college football. Except some QB named Penis went high

Basically where I’m at, wanted OL, but you also can never have enough pass rushers

Absolutely right about pass rushers (especially in today's NFL). I just hope Chop gets out of the "big potential/project" stage. He doesn't necessarily need to finish plays every time. But the lack of finished plays is troubling.

Is he an another project though? I read he only had like 11 sacks in college and this is all “potential” driven. I don’t know **** about college football. Except some QB named Penis went high
That's what they are saying about Robinson. Interesting take on Penix...

I wouldn’t consider him a full blown project. He is raw and needs some coaching. Athletic freak for sure. He missed some games last year, and the box score is not always the best at determining how good an edge is.

I remember when Phillips came to UM. He didn’t blossom till the second half of the season. Even if you go back to last year he didn’t kill it on the box score but his pressure rate was very high, and he made a difference on the field.

Round 1: No. 21: Chop Robinson, EDGE, Penn State
My take: At some point, the Dolphins may have a lot of money tied up in their outside linebackers room. But until then, this could end up being one of the better pass-rush rotations in the NFL. Robinson recorded fewer than 12 sacks in three collegiate seasons, but his physical traits jump off the tape. He has a powerful first step and will ideally fill the rotational role left by Andrew Van Ginkel's departure. Coach Mike McDaniel loves his pass-rushers and he gets an exciting one in Robinson.

Will he start as a rookie: Right away? Not unless he has a phenomenal training camp. But that's not why Miami drafted him. Jaelan Phillips and Bradley Chubb will start when the team's at full strength and Robinson will rotate in.

Is the pick for depth or does it fill a hole?: Both. Pass-rusher wasn't the biggest hole on the Dolphins' roster (they still don't have a starting right guard), but their depth at the position was a concern. Miami needed to add to its outside linebackers room, whether via the draft or free agency, and it found a player with a high ceiling, but notable floor.

Interesting thing I found. Chop ranked as the 3rd and 4th highest graded pass rushers according to pff. The last person to finish top 5 in back to back season was Nick Bosa…

Attachments

• IMG_8196.jpeg
    IMG_8196.jpeg
    52.3 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_8195.jpeg
    IMG_8195.jpeg
    54.8 KB · Views: 5
Did you watch the Michigan vs Penn State game this year? They ran the ball at him all game and he had no answer. Finished the game without a single tackle. You can hype up his athleticism all you want, but the guy never performed like a 1st round pick on the field. This draft pick was based solely on the hope he COULD be good one day. Right now he is a raw pass rusher that is a liability vs the run.
Exactly! Lets hope this isnt an Iggy reverb...

Back
Top Bottom