Chop | Page 40 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chop

Go watch some of his games. Watch how many times he gets immediate pressures and the QB has to get rid of it. It happened a ton and he doesn’t get credit for a sack. Total disruption in the backfield. I saw a few times where his pressure caused interceptions which is even better than a sack but he doesn’t get credit on the stat sheet for anything more than a pressure in the pressure percentage rate which was excellent. On top of that, watch how the opposing offense has to take into account where Robinson is lined up and has to alter their blocking. He gets double teamed a lot.
But.....but.....but.....SACKS.......

so you are saying the reason chop didnt have that many sacks in college was because he was too good? same reason for his lack of tackles too? or am i misunderstanding this point? btw if you are right, if he sucks in nfl terms, that will make him a great nfl player, so maybe we are on to something here, but then i cannot figure out why charles harris was bad, but maybe it was because he was too good? oh lord now i am confusing myself. but that is because i am confused by all of this

Charles Harris was an easy busy to predict imo, and said so.

Let me try to clarify, I’m saying the unique style for which this player plays the game made coordinators and qbs adjust their tempo.jmo.

Now I was saying that before I heard some national pundits say the same, so maybe there is some truth to it.?

I think the important part of the conversation with this player is the unique way he plays the game..

I don’t see any lack of instincts so we can rule out the explosive player with elite measurables who doesn’t have the instincts convo.

Im of the mindset of, “ I’m not sure you try to fiddle with this dude games too much, of course always teach some things but I’m not sure I would try to have him become more of a technician instead of just the way he plays.

Last edited:
Where have I went at someone first bc they liked the pick? All I did was state my opinion that I didn’t agree nor like it and everybody jumps in trying to tell me why it’s a fantastic pick.
Wasn't that you who said repeatedly how important height is for an edge defender? As if someone cannot succeed without it. Chop is too short, yada yada yada...That seemed to be your implication. Excuse me if that was not what you meant. Perhaps you'd have liked the choice if he was 6'5?
Plenty of 6'2, 6'3 edge defenders have done very well, and being shorter does give them a potential leverage advantage. But you disputed this, implying sometimes a taller player can win the leverage battle vs a shorter player. That could happen sometimes, but as a general rule, the shorter lineman has a leverage advantage when facing a taller opponent.

Chop is going to do fine, IMO, and if he does not have a great career it won't be because he is just under 6'3.

You see, all I did was state my opinion too.

Wasn't that you who said repeatedly how important height is for an edge defender? As if someone cannot succeed without it. Chop is too short, yada yada yada...That seemed to be your implication. Excuse me if that was not what you meant. Perhaps you'd have liked the choice if he was 6'5?
Plenty of 6'2, 6'3 edge defenders have done very well, and being shorter does give them a potential leverage advantage. But you disputed this, implying sometimes a taller player can win the leverage battle vs a shorter player. That could happen sometimes, but as a general rule, the shorter lineman has a leverage advantage when facing a taller opponent.

Chop is going to do fine, IMO, and if he does not have a great career it won't be because he is just under 6'3.

Chop seems much shorter than 6’3 that he’s listed at. Seems closer to 6’1

Last edited:
so you are saying the reason chop didnt have that many sacks in college was because he was too good? same reason for his lack of tackles too? or am i misunderstanding this point? btw if you are right, if he sucks in nfl terms, that will make him a great nfl player, so maybe we are on to something here, but then i cannot figure out why charles harris was bad, but maybe it was because he was too good? oh lord now i am confusing myself. but that is because i am confused by all of this
he was rotated a lot at penn state too that;s how they do it there. And he;s much more athletic than charles harris

Yes you did and so I’m going to reply fair enough bc you stated actual reasoning.

You didn’t just say oh such and such is better. If that’s what you think then fair enough.

Obviously a shorter guy can succeed it’s been proven. My point is… we all have our specific traits we look for even us as fans. I prefer my EDGE guys 6’4/6’5 or even above. That’s all I meant.

Yes you did and so I’m going to reply fair enough bc you stated actual reasoning.

You didn’t just say oh such and such is better. If that’s what you think then fair enough.

Obviously a shorter guy can succeed it’s been proven. My point is… we all have our specific traits we look for even us as fans. I prefer my EDGE guys 6’4/6’5 or even above. That’s all I m
We don't all have that - I loved Dwight Freeney - since I'm from Syracuse - where he played college ball, my favorite fin pass rusher ever was Jason Taylor - 6'1" vs 6'6" - I'll take good over their height:)

We don't all have that - I loved Dwight Freeney - since I'm from Syracuse - where he played college ball, my favorite fin pass rusher ever was Jason Taylor - 6'1" vs 6'6" - I'll take good over their height:)
My point was the height matters that’s all and honestly it’s over and done with so it is what it is

Back
Top Bottom