Chris Berman and Tom Jackson: Go back to Fiedler | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chris Berman and Tom Jackson: Go back to Fiedler

Neither QB should be ours opening day 2004. Fiedler can survive, but he can't excel.

Re: Maybe...

Originally posted by rhadaddy
or Maybe TJ and Chris realize something most people outside of the dolphin organization realizes. BG can not survive in our offense. He's not good under pressure. He's never been. He always needs 5-7 drop back to make his nice tight spiral throws and he lacks pocket awareness. JF is not setting the world on fire, but he's not taking sacks, fumbling and droping back 5-7 to seven steps on every pass play. I dont think it's a knock on BG as much as it's a matter of compatibility with our offensive situation.

That's really not what I'm talking about. I'm thinking it's personal. Why would Tommy get so bent out of shape about the Miami Dolphins QB?? They could give a rat's azz about the Phins. But why the personal tinge when the topic is Griese?? Do they know something we don't??

Re: Re: Maybe...

Originally posted by Muck

That's really not what I'm talking about. I'm thinking it's personal. Why would Tommy get so bent out of shape about the Miami Dolphins QB?? They could give a rat's azz about the Phins. But why the personal tinge when the topic is Griese?? Do they know something we don't??

I didn't see the piece so I can't comment. It would be odd for him to get personally bent out of shape. Who knows

It really makes no difference at this point. If we can't run the ball, NEITHER QB will have success and we most certainly CANNOT run the ball.

Not For Long (NFL)

Originally posted by rickykicks@$$
Brian has a better rating, less int's and has a better compl. % so why anyone would even consider putting Jay back in is insane.

Well IMO you keep BG playing behind this OL and if it continues its poor play, BG will have a worst passer rating and completion % than JF within 2 games.

But I am keeping the "Faith"

GOO FINNNZ

:stooges: :chair:

You're right about that

Originally posted by RikWriter
It really makes no difference at this point. If we can't run the ball, NEITHER QB will have success and we most certainly CANNOT run the ball.

But guess what Ricky Williams is not the RW of last year. Don't blame it fully on the o-line. The whole stadium went ohhhhhh to noooooo last week when Ricky was a ****ty arm tackle away from him and the endzone. Hell Freeny got pancaked and was on the floor and stuck out his hand and Ricky went down. Last year that would've been a TD. I've seen that happen several times this year. Maybe he's shook, or hurt, whatever the case may be it's not a 100% line's fault, because if that was the case, LT would not have rushed for 150 yds against a very good Vikings Defense and behind an even worse SD o-line than ours. Teams have been putting 8-9 people in the box since last year, and RW was successful. It's a mixture of playcalling, shotty blocking, and RW not creating plays and being tentative. He needs to get some of the blame as well.

I'm not sure, but if given up fumbles counted in passer rating like INTs do, Griese would probably have a lower rating than Fiedler. I wouldn't be surprised if Berman has nicknamed Brian---Brian "my hands are" Griese.

This is not to suggest that Fiedler is better, it's just with our O-line he would probably be more effective.

I would give up any player(s) on this team for a good not great just good HC. As for the TJ comments, he and Berman are buds Berman hates the fins and TJ has his nose so far up Bermans butt he probobly knows what he had for lunch, and TJ I'm sure put all the blame on Brian in the Denver situation. I can't remember hating "football" this much in my life. I am a CANES fan, also a NY Rangers fan. I just can't catch a break. My girl is a saint, she has put up with a lot from me in the past two weeks, last week I broke my hand hitting my bedroom door after the loss to the Colts. It's been a rough two weeks.

Originally posted by RikWriter
Exactly.

Originally posted by Muck
Tom Jackson seems to have something against Brian. I mean, I really like T.J. But whenever they talk about Griese, he gets that tone to him that I've never heard before. Like it's personal. I hate playing that card because I think it's way overrated. But I can't help it in this case. It just seems that way to me. Maybe it's because he's 14-year Bronco. Even Elway said similar things about Brian. What gives??

I agree, TJ is my favorite analyst ever. But what's the beef? I also noticed that.

Both suck. We need to survive this year and completely rebuild our offense next year with a new coach. I like the prospects of Drew Henson if he is available. He's only 23 and has all the tools. I want something new!

Back
Top Bottom