Chris Chambers | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chris Chambers

It is the quarterback and coordinator that has led to Chambers bad season, they don't put him in situations where he can catch the ball and they need to throw it to him in the redzone more often.

CC gets passes in his hands and midsection and he drops them. His problem is he makes some unbelievable catches and people are just like WOW! but the routine catch we need to move the chains he drops over and over. What we need is a big strong fighter of a wide reciever. If you look at all the great recievers they attack the ball. CC does not he waits for the ball

We'll take him if you dont want him. Chambers and Evans combo :drool:

Just like the bills players quit on Mularkey, maybe that what Chambers is doing. I'm sure he and Evans compare notes. It wasn't long ago when Chambers had a franchise record in recieving during that 21 pt. comeback against the bills with Sage throwing to him. Question is, is Sage better than Joey or or was Linehan putting Chambers in situations to thrive.
I agree, with Evans being the Bills number 1 and Chambers their number 2 guy they can be a good threat at WR...

i think he is a good player it is really bad when we throw the ball 4 times to the 1 rec of the team i would drop balls to cuz most of the time he doesn't even expect to get the ball lol

Easy, short to medium range QB with game plan geared to that. They are not going to have a game plan for the Bomb Balls if he can't reach accurately or at all. If you can tell me this is not the way you see them playing then I will tell you to turn you TV on.

What good is a #1 if he can only run straight? Have you ever watched CC catch the ball? Half the time he let's it hit him in the chest.

Whats wrong with you guys? Whats the heat for? Are you guys fans of Joeys? Mularkeys? I has to be someone. Last Year Chambers showed us what he can do. Despite what you guys say, Chambers has never had a "bad" year until this year. So is that what we are doing now? Taking the blame off of people, and putting it on our best players? So I guess we all want Chambers outta here for dropping a few balls, while we all welcome Ricky back with open arms. And on that note of dropped balls, I got 2 letters for you. You think he sucks?
Sure, Chambers has never had a "GREAT" year, but he shows to me that he wants to play. I dont know where you guys are getting your facts from but heres my take on it. Sure, QBs have had a 48% completion when throwing to Chambers, but how many of those incompletes were actually drops. How many were deflected, picked, or not catchable? All Im saying is, get us a QB in there who can actually throw the ball, and then we will see what we have.

ps: "QB killer"? Come on, will ya.
Last year was a fluke year for Chambers. He is back to normal now.

I do agree that CC has not had the luxury of playing with a decent QB that can help him achieve prestige #1 WR recognition...but not "only" because his QB issues, it has been a combination of his own doings as well as his QBs faults...

Let see what these stats shows...In 2004, the Dolphins QBs combined for a 43.5 QBR and completed only 51% of their passes, for a YPA of 5.78...

they threw the ball to CC a total of 138 times, and CC caught 50% of them, or 69 receptions for 898 yards and a 13.0 YPC with 7 TDs..

now compare this year, if this was a worst year for Cris, due to his QBs. It is the most common excuse for him this year and to me the facts (stats) don't equal the production...

with DC and JH, the Dolphins combined for a 71.5 QBR (DC 77%/ JH 68%), and completed only 58% of their passes, for a YPA of 6.06...

and with Daunte, CC only caught 41% of the passes thrown to him...

they threw the ball to CC a total of 142 times, and CC caught "only" 39% of them, or 56 receptions for 638 yards, and a 11.4 YPC with 4 TDs...

Now, why are we only blaming Joey, Mularkey and Daunte for the poor stats that CC has had this year? Especially when the QBs of 2004 had worst stats... but CC performed better then...than he has this year...

The fact is that Chris makes his money down the field. Joey simply can't hit any thing beyond 20 yards. That is the main reason we have seen a decrease in Chris' numbers. When we get a healthy Daunte back next year, Chris will be able to stretch the field again.

Back
Top Bottom