Chris Grier’s Peers Confident Dolphins General Manager Will Be Successful In Miami | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chris Grier’s Peers Confident Dolphins General Manager Will Be Successful In Miami

last 2 or 3yr of drafting is not bad except for not drafting qb. on sad note dolphins must get better at drafting ol and de in later round.

Copy and paste article for every coach and front office executive the Dolphins have hired over the past 2 decades - all they had to do was change the name and hit submit.

Have these peers like Casserly bet their money on it. Then you'll know how confident they are. Casserly is nothing but a mouthpiece for the NFL....and Blaine Gabbert.

God this argument is so old already. It's his 1st season in control and none of us know if he will suck or not. The blind support and the blind hatred equally annoy me right now.

This /\ is the POINT... Regardless of ones bias or not -- the process is going to take some time and in the interim

why not at least have an open mind and reserve "judgement" until the time when there's significant evidence

either pro or con?

Prepare to have your post history closely examined and be accused of having multiple accounts. The kabal of pollyanna moral bullies of this site will have something to say about this post.

To be fair, scrutinizing your post history wasn't a Herculean effort; you have 88 posts. That was kinda the point...and you never said we were wrong.

Also, "Kabals" are usually desert-based military installations. I don't think we qualify.

This /\ is the POINT... Regardless of ones bias or not -- the process is going to take some time and in the interim

why not at least have an open mind and reserve "judgement" until the time when there's significant evidence

either pro or con?

Exactly.

Guy got into the business because his dad was in the business and brought him in. He's also survived multiple failed regimes in Miami and somehow keeps getting promoted, despite the fact that his departments have been bad during that time.

So while I'm willing to give the guy a chance, let's not pretend for even a second that he's somehow breaking the shackles of the 'old boys network' or whatever you want to call it. He is part of that network.

I also strongly agree that his friends and colleagues saying nice things about him after his promotion is completely non-instructive.

Guy got into the business because his dad was in the business and brought him in. He's also survived multiple failed regimes in Miami and somehow keeps getting promoted, despite the fact that his departments have been bad during that time.

So while I'm willing to give the guy a chance, let's not pretend for even a second that he's somehow breaking the shackles of the 'old boys network' or whatever you want to call it. He is part of that network.

I also strongly agree that his friends and colleagues saying nice things about him after his promotion is completely non-instructive.

I lost all faith in our scouting staff a long time ago, won't pretend otherwise. But I genuinely did find this part of the article very perplexing.

Especially when he brought his dad onto the scouting payroll and just employed a long term friend as HC

People like Grier will always stand out in an industry fueled by the “old boy network.” But not because of his skin color, or upbringing as the son of Bobby Grier, a respected former NFL executive. The Miami Dolphins general manager is unique because of his quiet, yet confident demeanor.

:ponder:

Ehh. I'm of the firm belief that the people who are the best leaders aren't the ones who are the loudest, or fixated on being the smartest guy in the room. They're the ones who surround themselves with the best people.

There is no way to accurately judge him until he's putting a product out on the field.

People like Grier will always stand out in an industry fueled by the “old boy network.” But not because of his skin color, or upbringing as the son of Bobby Grier, a respected former NFL executive. The Miami Dolphins general manager is unique because of his quiet, yet confident demeanor.

:ponder:

Right? :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom