Chris McCain | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chris McCain

Good for him to take financial responsibility. Too many times people find themselves out of the league after their initial contract and are broke after a year

He made a stupid mistake and is now taking responsibility. Not much to be laughing at now.

Just the thought of getting 420k and spending 70 on vacay is funny to me. He probably had a blast. Relax bros

Chris McCain:

A1BAFA8B-E87F-48B6-B5C2-57027E1D979D_zpsg6hl9xfd.jpg

---------- Post added at 08:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 PM ----------

Just the thought of getting 420k and spending 70 on vacay is funny to me. He probably had a blast. Relax bros

420K before Uncle Sam & his agent took their slices.

Are they doing any social media training? Throw him in that class, too.

For those of you who haven't seen his Twitter, Chris McCain is not the sharpest tool in the shed. Not that all football players have to be geniuses.. I am glad the NFL is trying to give players like that some help before they go broke.

It wouldn't be surprising if he had some "friends" in his life that take advantage of him for his money, and that could be a major problem for a young athlete. Once you run out and the career is over, those type of friends are gone. Hell, even family. Hopefully it doesn't become habitual for him because it will only end badly.

"I just wasn't paying attention"... leeches and users probably see him coming from a mile away.

I used to follow him on Twitter too. He's definitely out there thats why I thought this was kinda funny. He still has a gig for now!

I used to follow him on Twitter too. He's definitely out there thats why I thought this was kinda funny. He still has a gig for now!

For now. Hopefully he is dedicating his self and focusing this offseason to keep this gig, because he will be hard pressed to find a job to pay him $420k in the real world.

If he buckles down and becomes a starting caliber DE, he could sign a deal where he could afford 70k vacations :lol:

Its funny how he looked great at the one game at end against the patriots then disappeared then moved to lb. Leaving him at end is best.

I want to see $70K production on the field EVERY game Mr McCain. Thank you.

It is sad, I grew up and play with a lot of these athletes that went pro. One of my closets friends lives with his moms and teach at a highschool after playing 5 years with the Bucs. He cant tell you where that money went. I think and hope more athletes today are better with managing their finances, but its still a lot who are not. Image if just 50% of the black athletes where to invest in businesses with that money, and how that would impact the black community. But most of those cases the athlete is moving right back in the hood and the money he made is only good for stories that he sits around his friends and talk about. All that money they made goes right back to the rich, the car dealership, the millionaire realtor, the billionaire cruise lines etc... Even thou the universities do not care, but that should be a specific course for especially for schools like Alabama, on how to invest their money when they become pro. Most of these players who play 3 years or more should be success business wise after football.

The NFL is a golden ticket. Unless you can ensure you make regular large sums of money by the way of performance, endorsements or other incentives, to lead such an extravagant lifestyle on such a small salary can mean a lot of trouble.

You would hope a person would be smarter than that...but the money gets to people's heads, especially if you have so much more money than you've ever had.

It is sad, I grew up and play with a lot of these athletes that went pro. One of my closets friends lives with his moms and teach at a highschool after playing 5 years with the Bucs. He cant tell you where that money went. I think and hope more athletes today are better with managing their finances, but its still a lot who are not. Image if just 50% of the black athletes where to invest in businesses with that money, and how that would impact the black community. But most of those cases the athlete is moving right back in the hood and the money he made is only good for stories that he sits around his friends and talk about. All that money they made goes right back to the rich, the car dealership, the millionaire realtor, the billionaire cruise lines etc... Even thou the universities do not care, but that should be a specific course for especially for schools like Alabama, on how to invest their money when they become pro. Most of these players who play 3 years or more should be success business wise after football.

The system itself is what is flawed.

The last part of the article where McCain talks about putting money into a fund for his baby daughter's education is encouraging. Chris McCain has only a short window to turn his potential into success as an NFL player. He will have to compete hard and play well just to continue to make the roster. The motivation to succeed to provide for his daughter may make him very hungry. I hope he can make it, but the new coaches will be more sold on results than potential. Time to deliver big guy!

Back
Top Bottom