Chris McCain | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chris McCain

I wish I had "only" a few hundred grand for the rest of the year :lol:

Hey babe how was you're trip to vegas? Was fun as hell! BTW we're 70k behind... NBP81 was never seen again...

We have see people who are professionals in other areas blow through money in the same way, not just limited to athlete or entertainers.

I respect anyone who seeks help to get better.

We have see people who are professionals in other areas blow through money in the same way, not just limited to athlete or entertainers.

I respect anyone who seeks help to get better.

Yes, but what makes this profession unique is that they have a small window to make that money. If im a doctor, and make the salary a yr that McCain makes, i can do that and likely more for the next 20-30 years. McCain does not have that luxury. McCain needs to treat his money as if that is all he gonna make for the next 20 years. Because he may only work for the NFL for 2 years. And once he does that, he will realize he does not make as much money as he thinks.

I do not know the details of McCain's contract. But he might not be back in the league next year. Hypothetically, lets say he plays one more year before being released and never getting an NFL contract again. And lets say he makes this year the exact amount he made last year. That will total to $840,000 dollars. Its likely he will never make that lump sum of money for the rest of his life. Lets stretch that over 20 yrs, that would mean he made $40,000 a year. He just spent 70,000! in one month. So he spent a almost two years of his salary. Now thats stoooped....

Gase said McCain will be a DE and he is not going to be moved around to LB. With that being said, McCain better be hitting the weight room a lot since he weighed 240 at most last year. He needs to add 20 pounds of muscle to his frame.

Gase said McCain will be a DE and he is not going to be moved around to LB. With that being said, McCain better be hitting the weight room a lot since he weighed 240 at most last year. He needs to add 20 pounds of muscle to his frame.

I thiink his time as a Dolphin may be coming to an end.

I thiink his time as a Dolphin may be coming to an end.

Ya, he's just not too smart. Coaches will get sick of repeating themselves and seeing him make the same mistakes over and over eventually. I do think DE is his only chance at making it in the NFL though.

I thought it was hilarious when people here thought he Should be moved to linebacker. He was never going to learn that position. Sad part, is our coaching staff actually tried to do it.

Chris McCain is the little baby who ran to his agent and the media crying Ryan Tannehill was picking on him in practice. I really can't wait for the day he is no longer on this team.

To see he has zero common sense and spent money like that isn't shocking. Just a guy who flat out doesn't "get it"

Did anyone catch McCain's periscope (live broadcast video thing) of the Pacquiao-Bradley fight last night??? Lasted 20 minutes or so before it was shut down. It was him, Walt Aiken, and another Fin (said he was a DE, didn't catch the name) in someone's living room watching the fight and giving their own commentary and excitement. Pretty cool until it got shut down.

Forget McCain and this story, what I took away from this story most....and what I think is the bigger LOL or travesty, is that there are thousands of players in the NFL system and only 23 bothered to show up for a free course on how to keep and grow their money for life. And I'm willing to bet these aren't cheap, thrown together seminars. It shows just how clueless the players are in the NFL. Not to mention these guys are starting at pay to invest (after taxes and agent fees) that is equivalent to well established doctors and lawyers. I myself have 22 years left to work in the DoD and I have already attended these type of seminars held by my organization, twice. If I were an agent, I would "require" my athletes to attend this seminar as part of our business relationship.

He has many erm "rough edges" but I like Chris McCain, he actually gives a **** about the team and wants to be successful

Forget McCain and this story, what I took away from this story most....and what I think is the bigger LOL or travesty, is that there are thousands of players in the NFL system and only 23 bothered to show up for a free course on how to keep and grow their money for life. And I'm willing to bet these aren't cheap, thrown together seminars. It shows just how clueless the players are in the NFL. Not to mention these guys are starting at pay to invest (after taxes and agent fees) that is equivalent to well established doctors and lawyers. I myself have 22 years left to work in the DoD and I have already attended these type of seminars held by my organization, twice. If I were an agent, I would "require" my athletes to attend this seminar as part of our business relationship.

I was going to say the same thing. Out of all the players in the league, over 1,500 make the squad, and less than 1% decided to show up for a free event in S FL on how not to go broke.

Maybe some have good financial planners, but I'm willing to bet more are like McCain and blow all their money on **** like that. Oh well.

Back
Top Bottom